It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man from Texas takes pictures of Unexplainable Light Phenomena

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
www.iltalehti.fi...

"A man from Texas says that these pictures are not natural. The man's camera took several pictures of the unusual light phenomenom. No-one has yet managed to give a natural explanation for the picture. Take a look for yourself"

If this has been posted already, i'm sorry, i tried to use the search.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by above]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by above]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It's a Space Insect! Or just more Illegal Aliens in Texas!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thats not a UFO- they are called Rods.
You should rename your post.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
My guess is that it is a Luna moth. The elongation is a result of a
slow shutter speed.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
i know what those are," atmospheric beasts". i read about them on ATS.
OH this is ATS.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Looks like the rods which have been sighted before.

I wonder what they are, barring the possibliltiy that its an elongated exposure of a normal flying animal (moth).

The almost screw like features and straight shaft in the centre remind my of a drill bit or something.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Them Rods might be native to the earth, the way they move seems to be like a waveform, but the 'wignspan' would suggest control of these wings could navigate the air using wave-like movements, But that is just speculation, maybe if they are alien investigator robots that they use nanoparticle technology to create the wave patterns of the wings by electrically chraging sperate secions to make them rigid and flacid to create upthrust?
Someone in that field should look into it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I thought rods were debunked? i vaguely remember a thread about pics being analyzed...Or maybe it was just the guy that made them widely known that had his pics debunked.Anyway i can't watch the video,could someone get a pic from it?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by above

rods have been debunked as a combination of insects and image artifacts

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by above

Thoroughly.

And yet they are still being presented as paranormal.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by above

Thoroughly.

And yet they are still being presented as paranormal.

Soooo... How do you explain the 2 degree temp change at the time of the picture?

I can buy that "SOME" rods are insects like maybe a firefly but I dont know about this one. It looks like a drill bit flying through the air and it's translucent from L to R and sure dont know of any bugs in Tx like that and I've lived in central east TX for 28 yrs.

This is also a game camera that took the photo. It's strapped to the slide of a tree on his ranch. I'm pretty sure they are designed to not be triggered by insects. If not, around where he's at he would have pictured like this every night...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by ls1cameric]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by ls1cameric]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I know I'm piling on but it has been common knowledge that these are insects, mainly moths. The people who take these photo's are hoaxers. They lie to get attention I suppose. He probably got the idea from another hoaxer on the Internet. Just look up "Rods".

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ls1cameric

Temperatures fluctuate, and temperature reading equipment isn't perfect. I'd wager that the temperature recording he's using is even less perfect.

If "some" rods are explainable as moths/bugs/naturally occurring circumstances, why not all? I can tell you that I've never seen a giant elongated bug like that before either, but I've seen a lot of long exposure photos, and that's exactly what it looks like when your camera has a slow shutter speed (exactly like the cheap cameras someone might be willing to put outside overnight).

The camera was designed to take pictures by motion sensors, and every five minutes otherwise. Either the moth got close enough to trigger the motion sensor, or it flew by on a five minute mark. Neither one is especially reaching in terms of their plausibility.

Edit: And I wouldn't call the old guy a hoaxer. I'm sure he thought he caught something weird and wanted to know what it was. I doubt he crafted it to get attention.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by EsSeeEye]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Bugs

www.opendb.com...

There's quite a few threads on here about them.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Rods are debunked:

Rods are not UFOs, when are people going to wake up and realize this?

I thought everyone had but I guess not.

Watch this video and we might convince a few more people.

Temperature is irrelevant, why even mention that?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric
I can buy that "SOME" rods are insects like maybe a firefly but I dont know about this one. It looks like a drill bit flying through the air and it's translucent from L to R and sure dont know of any bugs in Tx like that and I've lived in central east TX for 28 yrs.

You're right not all rods are insects. Some are bats and some are birds, they are always one of the 3. Just because the camera shows translucence doesn't mean the object looks that way, the camera lies all the time, you just have to learn more about photography and how cameras work to understand this.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by above
If this has been posted already, i'm sorry, i tried to use the search.
What you should be sorry for is posting an explained phenomenon as unexplainable. I think you should change the title.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I thought rods were debunked? i vaguely remember a thread about pics being analyzed...Or maybe it was just the guy that made them widely known that had his pics debunked.Anyway i can't watch the video,could someone get a pic from it?

Rods have never been debunked. What have been debunked are photos of slow flying insects that because of a low shutter speed leave a rod-like image. Real rods have been photographed and filmed with high-speed shutters and their shape doesn't change. A few years ago there was an "Albany rod" that was confused for a missile and, allegedly, the FBI stormed the TV producer's office and confiscated the footage. You can see what was videotaped here: www.roswellrods.com...

Usually, the rod footage that is claimed to be debunked is of the near-to-the-earth rod but there is a lot of footage of giant rods high in the sky and they are not due to anything but mother nature's zoo.

There's footage of a military tank firing test with the tank firing something like rounds in a second or less (or maybe 2 seconds) and while the shells are being spit out and tumbling in the air a rod zooms by beyond the tank before the first shell hits the ground.

I have a ton of footage of rods which I taped off TV and every example is of distant objects not near the camera lens or inside the camera!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
I have a ton of footage of rods which I taped off TV and every example is of distant objects not near the camera lens or inside the camera!
How do you know they are distant? I don't think you have any idea how far away an object in the sky is with no reference points.

That video link you posted sure looks like a bird to me, it just wasn't filmed with a high speed camera.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
How do you know they are distant? I don't think you have any idea how far away an object in the sky is with no reference points.

That video link you posted sure looks like a bird to me, it just wasn't filmed with a high speed camera.

There is not only something wrong with your mind but your eyes as well. You speak without knowledge.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join