It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Death Comes To Town" and my world stops.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
TV land has descended upon my little part of the world in the disguise of the film crew for "The Kids in the Hall" shooting "Death Comes to Town".
www.cbc.ca...

Not that I mind as it brings business to this tiny place, population 2500....
BUT DAMN IT ALL...
To block off the entire main street for a whole week, (size of a city block, if that),making it difficult for us to get our mail, groceries, do our banking or whatever..is INSANE.
The sidewalk is blocked by your equipment, and your crew standing around drinking coffee. The street is backed up with traffic and it's not safe to cross. You go into the convenience store and take away all the good lunch items that the kids used to go downtown and buy for lunch...and everyone has come from the outlying areas just to hang around being looky loos at the TV stars clogging up the works even more.
Iam used to walking down the street at mach3, getting what I need, and darting home..even pushing a stroller loaded with 50 pounds of groceries..I still walk at mach3..
Now I'm reduced to dodging and weaving, and my pace slowed to a dying snails crawl, and I'm pissed I tell you!
Enough is enough...
You close the bridge just to get a shot of the bus driving down it...for two hours????
OMG...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Many towns would salivate for the income such a production would bring to them. I live in Chicago which closes off roads from time to time for movie and TV production. It can be maddening by everyone use the other routes and tying up traffic. However, it is good income for the city and many area caterers and craftsmen.

As for the kids, they should make their lunches at home. It is better for them and much, much cheaper than the salty expensive junk at the convenience store.

Put up with it for a little while, and bring up some solutions at the next town hall meeting.

new topics

join