It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visions Of The Future (awesome VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Thought this was interesting so decided to share,,
Be sure to watch the end part, all i can say about it is Holy #!

Google Video Link

Visions of the Future: The Intelligence Revolution. 1st part of 3 part miniseries on the BBC hosted by Michio Kaku. In this new three-part series, leading theoretical physicist and futurist Dr Michio Kaku explores the cutting edge science of today, tomorrow, and beyond. He argues that humankind is at a turning point in history. In this century, we are going to make the historic transition from the 'Age of Discovery' to the 'Age of Mastery', a period in which we will move from being passive observers of nature to its active choreographers. This will give us not only unparalleled possibilities but also great responsibilities.

[edit on 24/9/2009 by theflashor]

[edit on 24/9/2009 by theflashor]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Great video, maybe we are living out the computer simulation created by future humans. It's a possiblity, for we ourselves will create ancestor simulations in the future.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This video is insane.

We cant be trusted with our current more basic technology. What will happen when bad people use technology which gives them god-like powers? Hell is just around the corner.

bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

If you want to have an idea of how the future will pan out look at the forgotten past and make it worse.

Technology was introduced to everyone with the sales pitch that it would make life easier and give everyone more time for family etc. What a load of nonsense, everyone is now getting unreasonable demands because the techonology makes people have to work harder as things become more efficient.

How anyone can think that new technology is going to improve life is deluding themselves. Throw the whole lot in the bin if you ask me, id much rather spend time building things, learning, spending time with family, cooking etc than meeting the next damned target a company expects you to meet because they invested in a monitoring system that tells you what your performance should be etc. Everything is becoming rediculously unrealistic in society because of technology yet everyone embraces it like its great.

Privacy is becoming a thing of the past, it wont surprise me if we see toilet bowls that increase your life insurance premium if the acid in you urine is too high after consuming alcohol.

Heck you even have people lining up to take a chip in their arms like its the best thing since sliced bread.

Everyone should be holding there hands up and screaming no instead of welcoming this trash.

Insanity has become reality.

They will be glad I was not at the event in this video because when the robot fell I would have been over tearing the thing a new battery socket.

Rant over.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
At 17:55 it talks about having the picture directly into your brain. This technology exists right now.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by leeda
At 17:55 it talks about having the picture directly into your brain. This technology exists right now.

Dont believe the sunglasses lies.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
His statement about preferring virtual social networks over real social networks reminds me of the movie Surrogates that came out recently:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Orion65]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Strange looking visionaries.
They look like rock stars.
They pipe dream the same vision back when I knew band helpers.
Well science denied has to lead somewhere conceived in ignorance.

top topics

join