It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What US State Would You Choose?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If I were from the west, I'd choose the far western Hill Country of Texas or maybe the deserts. If I were from the Northeast or Midwest, I'd choose the Red River Valley close to the OK,AR borders. Southerners should find the Piney Woods of East Texas looks like much of the South.

Here's a link to Texas geography:

en.wikipedia.org...

When push comes to shove, I'm heading for an area of the Hill Country at least 100 miles west of Austin or San Antonio.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
extreme Northern California/ Oregon- Two very good choices. CA, in the northern regions are much more conservative than in the larger cities, plenty of woods, wildlife and resources. Not even to mention the prevailing winds are west to east, from the ocean, much better quality air, and plenty of mountains too.

I also like the N.Hampshire, Vermont, Maine options, but with resources running thin, the winters are BRUTAL, but the other 7 months or so are perfect.

I don't think I would choose the extreme s. west. Texas, N. Mexico, AZ. Not for any other reasons aside from the fact that if the SHTF, Mexico will be even worse off then us, and the border will become a wasteland with many people heading north to be with family, friends and the more available resources of the former US.

Northern Rocky mountain range, same as the N.East, great for a large part of the year, but with resources running thin, many will likely die in winter.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Where can I find info on the Future 10 Districts? I've never heard of it and can't find any info at all.

I've never heard Maine described quite as you put it lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by uaocteaou
extreme Northern California/ Oregon- Two very good choices. CA, in the northern regions are much more conservative than in the larger cities, plenty of woods, wildlife and resources. Not even to mention the prevailing winds are west to east, from the ocean, much better quality air, and plenty of mountains too.

Yup, the Emerald Triangle of Ca. Lots of caves for shelter and staying out of sight, great fishing, overpopulation of deer, tolerable winters, wide assortment of edible vegetation ect. only real concern is rattlers and Mt. lions.
Heck you might even meet big foot or some Lemurians in the caves there.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I am going where no one else here is and the most unlikely place people would think of.
Nevada.
no state income tax.
few people outside of a few big cities.

A lot of places to hide out when SHTF.

A lot of ranchers run cattle in nevada that can be used for food, There is good land for crops to live on and if you go the right places you can do all this in nice forest areas.

The best part is that most people will never think of Nevada when SHTF

They don't call the great basin the "big empty" for nothing.

If you don't believe this just use Google Earth to check out Nevada.

I know of a dozen areas the i can live and grow food back in mountin valleys during the summer and during the winter move down to a hot springs area where i can heat a house for the winter with hot water from the hot springs.

These areas also have wild horses that can be broken for riding and pack amimals so i also have a way to travel around without fuel.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Unintended post. OOPS
second line

[edit on 3-10-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I intend to stay right here in good old New Hampshire.

We have abundant natural resources and hunting. Not over populated and plenty of carnivorous forest to live in. We have one small 'so called concentration camp" but it way way up north.

Everyone owns guns and are passionate about freedoms.

We have no state income tax, no sales tax, no car insurance

Our congressmen are great and do a wonderful at telling the government where to stick.

Right now we are not as effective by unemployment as other areas are.

I love NH: The LIVE FREE OR DIE state

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Always remember that where ever you go there are going to be others... but also the fact will become very obvious that if you have gear and food as well as weapons and (sad to say) women (which will be a comodity) then be prepared for a fight if you have to....

There will be thousands of others that have nothing and if they know you have food and whatever they think they can use... they will not hesitate to kill you for it...

That is a very ugly reality.... so if you are squeemish about killing to protect you and yours... then end it rather than move to another area...

Also if the targets hit are heavy military and heavy industry then I for one am going to avoid any areas where big cities are at... those that survive will become your most dangerous opposition.

If you have to BO...then make sure you have prepared for what ever might come at you...and a lot will..that you can be assured of...

Choose an area in the states that has water, ample shelter areas.... and if possible underground. You might have to stay there for a very long time...so if anyone is claustrophobic you will know soon enough....

Anyways...where ever you go always act in a manner that does not draw attention to you and the people you are with... There is safety (to a point) in numbers but you cannot have nor afford to have leeches upon you and your group....

There are so many things to consider..... but the time to start is right now. There are some excellent threads with some dynamite links for gear, education, products and whatever else that many of the good people here have posted.... I would encourage you to bone up and get started.... good luck

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by serendipitynow

I'm thinkin NC lots of resources and still plenty of rural areas, not to mention my parents are there but you know parts of TN would be good too

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by serendipitynow

The states of Tennessee,South Carolina,North Carolina and Georgia are pretty nice.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Excuse my input as I've only read through about half of your posts but if I may, I have a suggestion. I've spent MANY an hour reading, watching and listening to the "possible scenarios" and what I've found in a nutshell is; we're in for a polar shift in the extreme near future, there's the possibility of the brown dwarf star coming into our immediate neighborhood affecting all sorts of havoc, a new level of conciousness and many other theories. Basically, SOMETHING is coming in 2012. According to one of the many times over supported theories, with the polar shift, one of the new poles will settle on the Michigan - Wisconsin area. Consider where the new equator will be with the new North pole there and then pick your home. Also, if / when that happens, there will be major upswelling of the oceans, so stay away from the coastal regions. Also, let's not forget about the one of every volcanoe on the planet going off at once. From Oregon up through Alaska, there are nothing BUT volcanoes deep in the earth there.Forget politics, forget good neighborhoods, forget crime rates. All of that is new and different if and when that happens. SO, if I have my way AND the time to get there, it will be on the bottom end of the Rockies. It's high, lush and you could hide there for a very long time.
You're right about Oregon being an area of "getting lost forever" in those very bountiful forests. I miss it. I've been to 48 of the states including Alaska and Hawaii and I have to say that the lower Rockies are the safest, highest, furthest inland I would go, place to live. OH, one last thing, the other thing I've read the most is stay away from highly populated areas, so no population would be good, other than a small community to barter with afterwards.
Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf

...Choose an area in the states that has water, ample shelter areas.... and if possible underground...

Lilwolf, with the exception of the above quote, I absolutely agree. In the areas of natural resources, you may find others lying in wait for someone to come along that has something to offer. Possibly follow you back to your new residence.
I'm putting together a pamphlet of absolutely everything that I will need in order to survive, from an algae CO2 scrubber to an underground garden with solar light and heating piped down into the "facility". I will try and plan for anything and everything that I could imagine that may come to us. In the end, the research and gathering that i do now, will have to come to serve me in 'the end'.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join