It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran hits out at Western 'terror'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

"It is no longer acceptable that a small minority would dominate the politics, economy and culture of major parts of the world by its complicated networks, and establish a new form of slavery, and harm the reputation of other nations, even European nations and the US, to attain its racist ambitions," he said.

I thought his speech was truthful the least, and his enthusiasm in confronting the world powers never seems to amaze me. He makes a great point in the above quote referring to the unjust world politics dominated by the minority.

Although the UN charter states all the UN members are equal, it doesn't seem to be true at all and only some are crying out against it because only some have the freedom to cry.

Already speaking to a half-empty chamber, his attacks on Israel prompted walkouts by several delegations, including the US one.

The disrespect that he gets for his speech is astonishing the least.

What I want to gain through this thread is some understand regarding the reasoning behind the disrespect portrayed by the delegations who walked out.

Would you walk out if you were in the footsteps of the delegations? And why?

Thanks for your time

oozy

Source
english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
What he is talking about is what JFK talked about in his (in)famous speech in where he calls out conspiracy's into the open; which he labels MONOLITHIC; just as he uses the same term to label certain secret societies. They take advantage. . . that is not all. . .

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well between the OP, and the dude in glasses down below commenting, I don't think there will be too many sane People posting a comment.

I agree 1000%. I wish more People could see beyond the mind control, and the Psychological warfare being perpetrated on the Western World.

The USA used to be the country of promise, and opportunity, but now it is just an emerging fledgling third world country.
We have the dictatorial government in place, and don't need to much to finish it off.

I was reading some "Founding Father" quotes, and they talked about either defending the way of life Your accustomed to, or finding a new empire to call home........................basically it makes me feel very lonely; because the USA is definitely lost.
S&F

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
From what I understand, and it seemed pre-arranged, is that several delegations walked out on him mid-speech because of his holocaust denial diatribe last week.

I didn't see that one, so I'm not really sure of the particulars, but I seem to recall that it wasn't a denial that the holocaust actually happened, but something to do with the numbers of lives lost when it did.

Between that and the whole thing about not coming clean with the IAEA, he's getting the cold shoulder... and they want him to know it.

Just my opinion though, so don't hold me to it.

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Why disrespect? Well - because he is a war monger and what he says echoes what Nazis said. And i want to congratulate you - soon he will be a Nazi with a nuke. If you even wonder what would Hitler do if he got an A-bomb - wait a couple of years and you will see the answer.
Ahmadinejad lecturing West on democracy - hilarious.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I don’t think he really cares to much to be honest.

Iran have a lot of positives on their side.

1. They are an oil rich nation, in a big way. The west NEEDS oil in a desperate way.
2. They have an army, sophistication in their arms. They aren’t 3rd world
3. They have a young population
4. The country is large
5. They are morally on the right side. They haven’t attacked anyone, they haven’t invaded anyone.
6. They are expressing a view that many seem willing to accept. That the holocaust was indeed bloated by Jews and the west

I bet he giggles at the leaders walking out. The world doesn’t work anymore on the words of leaders, the people still hear, the people still think.

Good on him for speaking up about important matters.

Its a pity the west stoop so low, as to manipulate the language barrier and present his speeches in a different meaning than they were spoken

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The west has Alberta, as much as I hate to admit it. . . Really, I do ponder over what the U.S.A. do over what any normal person calls 'questionable actions' because of the fact of the resources of North America. Once the U.S.A. turns out they have incredibly stupid dept and the world economy has to be overhauled because of this. . . look at the resources of Canada. Now I realize why they want the N. A. U. so bad. Now it makes great deal of sense.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

You bring up a good point, and on topic since it all really boils down to the brain washing of the USA, the North American Union.

Like the US Americans have been brainwashed to believe Iran is totally evil, they've also been brain washed to believe all Mexicans are out to specifically steal their jobs.

Not true. The average Mexican is just an immigrant looking to feed their families. Even worse, many US American's feel that NAFTA somehow benefits Mexico, and it's People...............NOT TRUE. NAFTA was one of the worst things financially that could have happened to the small business, just like in the United States. It has run tons of People out of business down here.

Yet, just like the Iranian debacle, the US Americans are trained to blame the next "alien Person by culture, and society" as they've been trained by decades of psychological warfare on their psyches. The real fact of the matter which most of my fellow country People fail to realize is that it is ALL the Elite who are causing the problems..........not the dude trying to survive; just like them.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I see that you live in Israel so I have a quick question about your views on the matter.

Are you completely sure you don't feel this way because of propaganda?

I understand that he has insulted your country by saying it shouldn't exist where it is and your people by questioning the facts of the holocaust. But, why would he use nuclear weapons against you should they develop them?? Its would be nuclear suicide for his entire country/race.

Almost all the European news channels I watch seem to be pretty impartial on the matter (obviously leaning slightly to Israel) and Israel are always the ones threatening and posturing. I understand that Iran are illegally developing nuclear power and possibly weapons but at a time where it seems that the West is in a war against Muslims, does it not seem pretty fair to you? It does to me.

The west, especially the US and Israel are the most volatile Global and regional powers judging by the last decade. The western coalition has invaded countries on both sides of Iran and is not putting sanctions on Iran.. would this not be extremely worrisome for you if you were and Iranian? WOuld you not want to develop Nukes to protect yourself should you be invaded?

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with Iran in 90% of policies but are you sure that all you are being told is no more than propaganda because your country feels its position of regional superpower is being threatened?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Of course propaganda influences me. Every side has its own propaganda machine going and depending on starting point (or relative strength of propaganda from both sides) people do take sides. Everyone. We are wired this way, to take sides.
So i am perfectly aware that the situation is presented in darker colors then it really is. However i am also perfectly aware that Iran arms Hizbollah - and it is not a propaganda, it is truth. Rockets made by Iran and paid by Iran fell on Israel. This is not a propaganda but a fact. Iran heavily invests in development of rockets with higher range/payload. This is to target Libya? Iran has nuclear program in which they strive to get self-reliability in all, except raw fuels. Which means they can easily shift this "peaceful" program to military projects at any time. And seeing Iraq vs North Korea fate, they will be idiots not to do so. This is not a fact, but an assumption. So here propaganda probably influences me, but tell me if YOU really think that Iran would stop at civilian nuclear use despite all regional problems. Then Iranian leader , in speeches i see, constantly uses hidden threats toward Israel. And please, do not tell me that it is only "Zionist regime". This is how they call Israel. Now since i do not speak Farsi and since i do not get access to all what is said by Iranian leaders - propaganda definetly makes it more then it is. But the problem is that even what i read on PressTv is enough to show that there is really hostile attitude.
So to conclude - I know that Iran is actively hostile to Israel, it invests in long range delivery systems and potentially can make nukes. Also on several occasions its leader made existential threats toward Israel. With or without propaganda it is pretty clear to me what goes on.
Now add to it Nazi rhetoric, and you can see why i feel very uneasy. By the way, i do not think that Israeli strike on Iranian nuclear facilities is going to make it all better, and not worse actually. But what can be done - has to be done. Iran is not a real democracy but it is not a total tyranny (yet?) too. So sanctions can work. I think that Israel can live with nuclear Iran without fanatics in the lead or it can live with fanatical Iran without nukes, just like it is now.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Some people just don't want to hear the truth, period. I
thought it was very disrespectful for any members to
walk out on any speaker. I thought the idea of the UN
was to give ALL nations a voice, not just members of
the security council.

Walking out is a snub, the type of response typical of
people in denial. I never used to doubt the authenticity
of the Holocaust until the EU decided you couldn't ever
write anything denying it. I also took certain photographs
of the battle of Gettysburg as gospel until I found out
some were staged. The truth should never need laws
to prove it's veracity.

I like Ahmadenijad (sp?) , he's a gamecock for sure but
given the history of US involvement in Iranian affairs I
think they deserve to be heard by us at a minimum. If
we really want world peace the least we can do is enter
into dialogue with other nations. china has a far worse
record of human rights that Iran so why so buddy-buddy
with asia? We all know the answer but I think it shows our
hypocrisy that we will tolerate behaviors based on economic
considerations.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Why disrespect? Well - because he is a war monger and what he says echoes what Nazis said. And i want to congratulate you - soon he will be a Nazi with a nuke. If you even wonder what would Hitler do if he got an A-bomb - wait a couple of years and you will see the answer.
Ahmadinejad lecturing West on democracy - hilarious.

A war monger? How many wars has Iran started? 0

How many has Israel started?

Israel and Pakistan have nuclear weapons, do you
seriously expect Iran to not feel at a disadvantage?

Iraq attacked Iran back in the 80's with US help. The US
installed the Shah with a CIA coup that killed their
democratically elected leader, Mossadegh. We have
had economic sanctions against Iran since 1980. We stole
Iranian assets. I think Iran has shown amazing restraint
considering what the US and UK have done to them.

It's easy to paint them as radicals because of the Ayatollah
who would have never taken power had the US not
backed the Shah. We made the conditions for a fundamentalist
revolution possible. We (the US) owe Iran an apology, not a harangue.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

A war monger?

Yes,current leader of Iran is war monger. Iran has a (brief - it exists only for 30 years) peaceful history. But Ahmadinejad and those behind him act like war mongers. Every speech, every missile test designed to provoke. Israel never attacked Iran. Iranian sponsored organizations attacked Israel.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Well if this makes you feel better I don't think Iran would be stupid enough to launch a nuke at any country especially Israel. They know exactly what would happen to them. The United States would not just stand idle and let them get away with it.

My biggest fear is that it will not be Iran that makes the first move, but Israel. I don't know if I (or any other American for that matter) could stand behind Israel in that event. We would probably throw you to the dogs to avoid a World War.

Sadly, you have to admit, the United States is really the only reason Israel hasn't been annihilated yet(and it won't).
Then again we do live in two totally different worlds so I'm sure your point of view differs with mine.

Personally I hope this whole mess (and all the other messes) clears itself up. I for one would love to visit the holy land one day.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

"It is no longer acceptable that a small minority would dominate the politics, economy and culture of major parts of the world by its complicated networks, and establish a new form of slavery, and harm the reputation of other nations, even European nations and the US, to attain its racist ambitions," he said.

I thought his speech was truthful the least, and his enthusiasm in confronting the world powers never seems to amaze me. He makes a great point in the above quote referring to the unjust world politics dominated by the minority.

Although the UN charter states all the UN members are equal, it doesn't seem to be true at all and only some are crying out against it because only some have the freedom to cry.

Already speaking to a half-empty chamber, his attacks on Israel prompted walkouts by several delegations, including the US one.

The disrespect that he gets for his speech is astonishing the least.

What I want to gain through this thread is some understand regarding the reasoning behind the disrespect portrayed by the delegations who walked out.

Would you walk out if you were in the footsteps of the delegations? And why?

Thanks for your time

oozy

Source
english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by oozyism]

why is it so hard to understand why he has been treated this way?
His policies are clear and lending an ear to it can be seen as support for his policies. The fact that he will never come to terms with the Isreal issue is a big problem, the Palestinians are his? Why is Iran even concerned with the Palestinian problem anyway? You may feel Iran is not trying to gain Nuclear arms but I think they are and since they signed the NNPT they should not. He is a hardline extremist and his policies reflect that.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I don’t think he really cares to much to be honest.

Iran have a lot of positives on their side.

1. They are an oil rich nation, in a big way. The west NEEDS oil in a desperate way. The west can get by without Irans oil Canada says Hello
2. They have an army, sophistication in their arms. They aren’t 3rd world
3. They have a young population
4. The country is large
5. They are morally on the right side. They haven’t attacked anyone, they haven’t invaded anyone.Have you not heard of JIHAD, it is in their mantra
6. They are expressing a view that many seem willing to accept. That the holocaust was indeed bloated by Jews and the west Who are these many? links ?

I bet he giggles at the leaders walking out. The world doesn’t work anymore on the words of leaders, the people still hear, the people still think.

Good on him for speaking up about important matters.

Its a pity the west stoop so low, as to manipulate the language barrier and present his speeches in a different meaning than they were spoken
You are speaking this language fluently and can confirm this notion?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

why is it so hard to understand why he has been treated this way? His policies are clear and lending an ear to it can be seen as support for his policies. The fact that he will never come to terms with the Isreal issue is a big problem, the Palestinians are his? Why is Iran even concerned with the Palestinian problem anyway? You may feel Iran is not trying to gain Nuclear arms but I think they are and since they signed the NNPT they should not. He is a hardline extremist and his policies reflect that.

What policies? Let's have a discussion in regards to his policies. Firstly let's get certain things straight. Firstly Ahmadinajad represents another side when it comes to world politics, because you feel uncomfortable around his ideas doesn't mean you should run away.

If me and you have a discussion in regards to the holocaust and if I disagree with your view point of the holocaust, would you just walk away? Is that productive? Would that achieve anything?

Why is Iran even concerned with the Palestinian problem anyway?

Why is the whole world concerned with the Palestinian problem? That is a better and more incisive question and the answer has much to do with Justice and peace. There is always more than one side to the story, is it productive to just listen to the Western side? Is it productive to discuss only the Western view? Shouldn't other views be taken in to consideration? Should the Western view be absolute? The idea that I'm right and you're wrong is idiotic and that is how the West is acting towards Iran.

Every nation has a voice and that means Iran also, you can't disregard that voice because you disagree with it.

You may feel Iran is not trying to gain Nuclear arms but I think they are and since they signed the NNPT they should not.

Yes NNPT, and they continually stated they won't. So why do you believe they want to acquire nuclear arms? Do you have a reason, or did you simply believe Western governments? Heck who did you decide to believe? Iran has a much better record of telling the truth than the West, doesn't that mean something? For example the lies prior to the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq.

I think it is human to believe in a lie if you feel uncomfortable with the truth. What happened to 'innocent until guilty notion'? Isn't Iran innocent? The fact that there is no evidence supporting the idea that they are pursuing nuclear weapons. IAEA already made that clear many times but people seem to believe liars, for the sake of comfort.

new topics

top topics

join