It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG casually decides not to pay back borrowed taxpayer funds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

EVeryone knew this would happen. The govt "loans" taxpayer dollars to these crooks at AIG and then they just don't pay back the loan.

We should have just let AIG fail since the company had morphed from an insurance company into a useless hedge fund. It never was important to save AIG. Congress did it because AIG told the congressgangsters if you give us billions of $ we'll kick back millions of it to each of you.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
They bought the money from the same person that they gave it too!!!

Of course... why would they pay it back? It's a typical Money Laundering scheme to try and make it look like they are actually doing something. It's not right wing or left wing... It's the whole d*mn government system!

Take a look at this post to see where the money is coming from and going to!
ATS Forum (by Shaun1111)

Time to WAKE UP!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Actually, what you have posted "OP" is not exactly true.

We all knew in the beginning that AIG would prob. not pay this back.

Now, they are thinking that AIG may actually be able to do this and more.

That is why you are seeing the recent run in AIG - even though that has sold off a bit from the recent run.

There is also a lot of "call options action" in AIG, but people are thinking this is mostly retail, but calls are very expensive for this stock right now, so it's anyones guess really.

It is still valued at about $2.50 adjusted after the 20-1 split that occured.

In the end, AIG should be an afterthought for 99% of us, and we should continue to find ways to claw our way out of the abyss. I think we will, the USA has a great track history as a resilient nation, and we should keep this up if I am reading the charts correctly.

Even though, historically after we get out of the deep end, and make a 50% run we usually fall/or are flat for a year then pick back up.. I think this run is a bit different though because we have never gained this % back in history this quickly. Yes, this has been the biggest bull run in history, and we have done it without waking up in the morning to see futures up limit i.e. late 90's

[edit on 24-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join