It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America armed, but guns not necessarily loaded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

America armed, but guns not necessarily loaded

news.yahoo.com

Shooting ranges, gun dealers and bullet manufacturers say they have never seen such shortages. Bullets, especially for handguns, have been scarce for months because gun enthusiasts are stocking up on ammo, in part because they fear President Barack Obama and the Democratic-controlled Congress will pass antigun legislation — even though nothing specific has been proposed and the president last month signed a law allowing people to carry loaded guns in national parks.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
"As a wise green man once said, "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

I'd feel much more secure about the country I live in if the general undertone of our society was one of caution and not fear.

Caution implies an understanding before action.
Fear, more often than not, is without understanding and is emotion based."-forgot

In my opinion J.Carter nailed it.
Also, I live in a small town and I hear the undertone of our nation, and its not good.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-9-2009 by earth2]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I am well stocked for my handguns and my shotgun. I buy more whenever I can. Am I afraid of Obama? No. I am afraid of Eric Holder, and all of the czars Obama has appointed. They want to do more than disarm the country. They want to make slaves of us all. I will not be a slave.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Just as well. Ammo is again becoming more available.

Besides.

It isn't time yet.

Not just yet.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

even though nothing specific has been proposed

That's BULL.

There's a bunch of bills trying to ban guns in differents ways. Deceiving article is deceiving.

And in Canada, we could be in trouble real soon...we'll probably have elections soon and the liberals will go in...and of course they gonna try to ban guns...again.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Nine billion rounds of ammo sold last year. It will be more this year and some of the stuff is left over from years before. There's probably 300 to 400 rounds of ammo out there for every man woman and child in the US.

I'd say the guns are loaded.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
heh, just buy guns that shoot NATO rounds. There will be plenty of that lying around once the shooting starts. Badgerprints, you've got red on you.

MBF

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I've stocked up, but I don't have near what I want. The price is stupid. I paid $1.13 per round for .25cal rounds. If I had the money, I would buy lots more rounds and a .223 and .308. I have plenty of .22 and 12 gauge rounds.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The US is no different than Iraq or any other middle eastern countries when it comes to their weapons, bunch of savages that think that with weapons they can resolve everything.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Bunch]

MBF

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

They may not solve everything, but they can make somebody that is trying to run over you to think twice.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The article states that the military is using more rounds than
ever then wanders off to make a statement about americans
being afraid of not being able to get more. Which is it?
Both maybe? Ammo prices have jumped and will only get
more expensive. Just because people are buying in quantity
doesn't necessarily imply that they want to start a revolution.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
The US is no different than Iraq or any other middle eastern countries when it comes to their weapons, bunch of savages that think that with weapons they can resolve everything.

Oh, look! A well reasoned statement on ATS!

Like it or not, there are times that use of weapons is necessary. Much like you anti-gun people, there are those that cannot be reasoned with.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I've always said that the government is not going to bother outlawing guns. Revoking the second amendment would be a very costly move that would be met with fierce opposition -- from all political parties.

Instead, making it difficult to acquire ammunition is a very passive move that achieves the same result.

Guns without ammo are nothing more than expensive metal sticks.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I've always bought in bulk quantities for the guns in which I shoot bulk quantities like my skeet guns, IDPA guns, rifle competition guns etc...

I don't generally buy bulk for guns I don't shoot bulk of like .30-06, 50AE, .243, .338 etc...

I was pretty ticked off the last time I dropped by WalMart for a couple boxes of .22's for some weekend plinking and was told there was a limit of 1 per customer. That sort of policy makes me want to hoard every bullet I can find.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

I think you need a Firearms Refresher Course

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

For every cartridge out there, they can be reloaded on the average, several times. Take a billion cartridges in the hands of the people. With just a bit of powder, bullets, and powder, now you have 8-9 billion cartridges.

The reloading ability depends of course on the quality of the brass and it's softness, but since some can be reloaded over a dozen times, the average of 8-9 times is not unreasonable.

Here's the flaw in your argument.

Heroine, pot, coc aine, and meth are outlawed too.

Yet no one seems to have any trouble getting all they can afford.

Anytime there is a demand for something, that demand will be met.

new topics

top topics

join