It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada hit by terrorism attack sometime before US primary elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I got dibs on this prediction first!

Canada will hit by terrorism attack sometime before US primary elections. Either conventual bombing, sucidie bombing or bioterrorism will be used. Canada may even be hit w/in the next 3 months.

www.canada.com...

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I assume you mean, the general elections, not primarys.

Correct?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I heard on the news that they were saying that Osama could attack Canada. Well, if Canada gets hit by a terrorist attack, then I'll know something is definitely wrong with this world. I always thought Canadians were respected around the world.

Maybe it will be a conspiracy to get more laws put over us, I hope not.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I meant Presidental elections, but I will leave my prediction as is, because, perhaps, fate has guided my prediction.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
canadian national elections also in this timeframe.
cant imagine the effect. it might help the ndp..

"A top Canadian terrorism expert said Mr. Khawaja's comments were typical of the way al-Qaeda followers view the world, as divided between two conflicting religious and cultural camps..."

and america followers are different how? [cheap shot]
national post. yeah. fearmongering.

there is no denying the threat...

however- any tightening in canada in response to attack [perhaps] makes northern entry for further attack on usa more difficult(though potentially unnecessary). depends on what degree a person believes the hype about the pourous border.

'al-queda' seems to be completely strategic in their moves and timing[australia/bali, spain, berg] ..

what did tommy franks say about an attack in usa or another western country and the road down which it leads?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
National Post is an ultra right wing "big money" publication that I do not put much stock in.

I think if any terrorists have a chance to hit somewhere on this side of the pond they will aim for the big prize not for the poor cousin.

Don't forget the world's longest undefended border is easily crossed by land or water (St-Lawrence River - Great Lakes). I know this for a fact.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
National Post is an ultra right wing "big money" publication that I do not put much stock in.

The National Post started out as a right wing (not ultra)
paper when it was founded by Conrad Black

It was bought by the Asper Family who are longtime Liberal Party supporters. Although the paper offers countering viewpoints from its' columnists, its' editorial slant is a few degrees left of centre.

Big Money yes. Ultra Conservative hardly.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What happened to the article?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Xenophon
Maybe this will help?
Electrical Blackouts and Terrorism

O'REGAN: Mr. Woolsey, I just want to pull a quote here from something that you said earlier: "The severity of the threat of a major terrorist attack in Canada may depend on how close you are to an election. What al-Qaeda learned from Spain is that an election is a good time to blow people up."

Now, Canada is obviously not involved in the Iraq war at the same level that Spain was. Do you believe that we are at risk because we have an election coming up here?

WOOLSEY: I don't know that Canada is any more at risk than any other Western democracy. But I think all of us, including the United States, are probably more at risk as elections approach because of what the Spanish government did after the election. They announced the withdrawal of their forces from Iraq. And I think al-Qaeda drew the lesson that, hey, just before elections is a good time to intimidate Western democracies.

O'REGAN: Boy.

WOOLSEY: So, I don't think Canada is any more likely than, say, France to be attacked. But I think we all are potentially vulnerable, particularly before an election.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

join