It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infrared cameras for UFO hunting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I was meaning to purchase this kind of a camera a year ago but couldn't find what components I needed. Can anyone point me out to exactly what I need? Links would be much appreciated but as long as you point me into the right direction of what model numbers or brands I need that would be great as well. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You need a third generation set of NVG's.

But before you should be advised they are HUGELY expensive.

You should also do all your research on Ed Grimsley.

You'll find out everything you need to know, especially the details about the specific goggles.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

G'luck mate!

[edit on 23-9-2009 by muggl3z]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Look for cameras that have 'nightshot'.

There are quite a few models out there.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic
I was meaning to purchase this kind of a camera a year ago but couldn't find what components I needed. Can anyone point me out to exactly what I need? Links would be much appreciated but as long as you point me into the right direction of what model numbers or brands I need that would be great as well. Thanks.

I use a Sony Hi8 camera model CCD-TRV615 with a 950nm IR filter...You can see the videos I took with it here..... www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Digital nightvision ... Get night vision performance that rivals Generation 3 intensifier tube technology at a fraction of the cost with the iGen 20/ 20 Night Vision Monocular...
here is some videos of the iGEN in action capturing UFO's on video at the ECETI ranch in trout lake WA.

www.youtube.com

or this one...

www.youtube.com

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So when you say "infrared" do you mean near infrared, thermal infrared, visible and near infrared, a modified commercial camcorder, active near infrared illumination, something else?

Before anybody makes suggestions we should have more details about what specifically you are trying to purchase or what you are trying to accomplish with said equipment.

Please tell us a bit more about what you want. There are a few people at ATS that are technically knowledgeable about how the different imaging technologies work and how to get the most out of them.

Edit for typo

[edit on 24-9-2009 by dainoyfb]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y

I always get a kick out of it when people say "three UFOs in a triangle formation".
Show me a formation with three objects which isn't a triangle (a straight line doesn't count).

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You need a sony nightshot (older the better easier to mod). I got mine from a pawn shop for 40 bucks bat and charger included. You can find how to mod it to shoot NV mode in daylight online. It is easy 5 min and a screwdriver are all that is needed.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I always get a kick out of it when people say "three UFOs in a triangle formation".
Show me a formation with three objects which isn't a triangle (a straight line doesn't count).

It's a bit different when you have three moving objects, and if they do move in a triangular formation then that's what you should call it.

I'm glad you're getting a kick out of it though.

I get a kick out of every amateur astronomer (I'm but an amateur myself) suggesting NOSS (Naval Ocean Surveillance System) cluster satellites every time one of these triangle formations are filmed.
The comic part is that this is just passing around the internet as some kind of established truth, while in fact it's but a fabrication. In the beginning, somebody probably searched for a reasonable explanation for all these formations of heat and light emitting objects flying in formation over the night sky, and came up with cluster satellites.
After skimming through the satellite programs, NOSS was found to be the most likely candidate, and that was that. Ever since, every triangle formation in the sky is NOSS.

Too bad they didn't bother to check the facts. The NOSS satellites actually never travelled in threes. During the Triplet / SB-WASS program you had a main satellite with three cluster satellites that perhaps could have been perceived as a triangle, but that was only between 1991 and 96, and does not in any way explain triangle observations in the 2000's. One less bright guy over at Badastronomy even suggested that a triangle formation observed by an astronomer had to be the later NOSS program with two satellites, orbiting together with debris.

Hilarious, no?

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KAKUSA

I use a Sony Hi8 camera model CCD-TRV615 with a 950nm IR filter...You can see the videos I took with it here..... www.youtube.com...

Thanks for your wide variety of videos but, particularly, for seethruzal! Back in the '90s on WebTV I use to visit many websites featuring tons of photos of women who didn't know the cameraperson was taking revealing photos. Wonders will never cease! (Thank "god"!)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

lol, I nearly crashed my motor at the weekend because of this.

3 orange lights above me, I screach to a hault and jump out with camera phone in hand. Try to get a fix on them , but they dissapear, meaning lanterns. So I didn't get exited about he next lot that floated up.

It was a great 2 minutes though, got my heart pumping I can tell ya!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Careful about IR filming though. I modded mine to film IR in the day as well as night so i can only film in secluded areas and my own backyard. Cams that can film durring the day also have a tendancy to "see" through people's clothes. Some places will mod your cam for you can call it the sony X ray cam. Just a word of warning for you, you get caught with that thing outside in a public place you can get arrested. Once you get your cam you should try to go out durring the day and night and film planes,helicopters and use the "bro method" so you get a good idea of what normal things look like when being shot in IR. here is an outline of the bro method.

Take a video camera or timed camera and put it on a tripod. Place the tripod just under the eaves of a house or building, with the lens at an 80-degree angle.

The shadow of the eaves will fall over the camera, reducing glare and highlighting flying objects that would otherwise be obscured by the sun.

You can do it at night just use the same setup but use a streetlight instead of the sun. Good places to film IR for UFO hunting would be anyplace where you could cover the most sky with your cam like high on a mountian or at the beach(beach at night remember about the getting arrested thing). Most of all good luck.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yukon Ranger Digital NightVision with a Portable Recorder

all you need!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
Before anybody makes suggestions we should have more details about what specifically you are trying to purchase or what you are trying to accomplish with said equipment.

What he wants is to be able to see the PLASMA 'critters' that are all over our skies that he things are alien space ships.

Gen 3 night google
The sky will be 'crawling'

Night Vision UFO's Clear footage
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now THAT one I agree with you

[edit on 24-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Found some critters in some developed photos.
Perhaps due to being the first photo and being scraped as I took
an identical photo and no critters this time.

Checking one critter I saw a snake eyes of the triangle craft.
Then looking below there was another circle formation not fully
developed.
The image was a ghost like apparition in the sky as it appeared
in a white waterfall effect.

Considering electrical charges are being pumped into the craft
some air illumination might be caught on film on the first shot
and the craft zip away before another photo capture.

There was a large ring critter on the other side of the photo
so he saw my camera first and took off.

Yes zorgon those critters are up in the sky.
ED: This was daylight, so why go for goggles.
They will see them and go right off.
Best to hid your camera, take a sky shot and then another.
Surprise them.

[edit on 9/25/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KAKUSA

Hello.. did the IR feature come with the camera or did you buy it separately? Also how much was your video camere? Thanks.

top topics

join