It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'FlashForward' Discussion...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have a question about last nights episode. Why do the kids (the daughter and the autistic kid) seem to have a comfortable knowledge of each other. All of the adults we've seen see people, but if they don't know them in the current time, they don't know who they are in the flash forward. However the kids were all buddy buddy and acted as if they knew each other.

Was this just a coincidence and a fault of the writers needing an excuse to get Olivia with autistic kids dad? Or was this deliberate? Did the experiment we heard about at the end of the episode take better on children? Or are children just more accepting because they don't have preconceived impressions and prejudices?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tonedef

I think it's the just that they were so familiar and friendly with eachother in the flash forward. the adults are dealing with more serious implications regarding their flashes which gives them a more nervous, standoffish feel towards those folks they are soon to meet.

two minor issues regarding the kids' flashforwards did pop up last night.

1. the autistic boy didn't see Olivia in the flash. she was in her bedroom. how did he know her name when he was first wheeled into the ER in episode one?

2. the girl (charlie?) was in the autistic boy's flash forward. she told him it was ok to take a cookie because it was his house too. Why, then, did she have such issues with the flash forwards? why did she say the future was dark or bad or whatever it was that she said? I am not 100% sure but, didn't she, at one point, mention Simon when discussing her flash forward?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by tonedef

two minor issues regarding the kids' flashforwards did pop up last night.

1. the autistic boy didn't see Olivia in the flash. she was in her bedroom. how did he know her name when he was first wheeled into the ER in episode one?

2. the girl (charlie?) was in the autistic boy's flash forward. she told him it was ok to take a cookie because it was his house too. Why, then, did she have such issues with the flash forwards? why did she say the future was dark or bad or whatever it was that she said? I am not 100% sure but, didn't she, at one point, mention Simon when discussing her flash forward?

1. The flash forward was 2 min 17 secs and we've only seen a few seconds of Olivia's or the autistic boy's so I guess its possible there is more to it

2. I agree with you on this. In the first few episodes she seems totally freaked out by the vision. I guess it may be because her dad wasn't in it and there was this other guy. To a kid a parental split is pretty devastating and could be why she said there wasn't going to be many more good days or something like that.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I will probably get bored with it fast.

Lost lost me after the first season with all the flash backs.

Now from the same story writing team comes flash forwards. Give me a break.

Lost had the polar bear in the jungle this has a fricking Kangaroo in the city.

And then the actor from Lost shows up as a new character.

I didn't like him on Lost and I still don't like him.

Didn't like in the Lord of the Rings either.

Probably be channel surfing on Thursday's soon.

And having the Asian guy named Dimitri bugs me also.

There are better shows on cable to watch.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by tonedef

I think it's the just that they were so familiar and friendly with eachother in the flash forward. the adults are dealing with more serious implications regarding their flashes which gives them a more nervous, standoffish feel towards those folks they are soon to meet.

Yeah, the kids seemed to get along great in the flashforward, so maybe that's why they were so laid back with each other.

Nice catch. I like tonedef's answer to this.

Yeah, I'm not sure why she said that. I am sure, however, that she never mentioned Simon. She did, though, mention D. Gibbons (she said he was a bad man).

Good episode, especially because of the ending!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Loving this show right now! Unfortunately, though, it's on hiatus now!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

yeah, the hiatus is a bummer. The teaser for the second half of the season looks awesome but, like prison break, I'm wondering, what will they do after the flash forward date. I think I mentioned earlier that the easy out is to provide another flash forward at some point so that they can simply focus on a new set of visions but that might get old fast.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I think I mentioned earlier that the easy out is to provide another flash forward at some point so that they can simply focus on a new set of visions but that might get old fast.

Yup. In the preview, there just might be another flashforward, so hopefully it either gets stopped or people do not have visions this time around (so it can be a different scenario).

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I was watching one of those entertainment shows, they said they are on hiatus, and during it, they are changing the writing around...

any one else see this, and anyone else worried?

i hear a lot of people saying they dont like it because they dont understand/can't figure it out. too much CSI type shows, people are expecting to figure it all out.

i hope they don't change my favorite aspect...that the viewer is just as confused as every other person in the show.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Seeing on how 'FlashForward' returns this Thursday, it's time to revive this old thread. I am fearing that this great, original show could get overplayed very quickly simply because it looks like there will be another blackout. Will this show be the next '24'?

By the way, here is the official site of the show for anyone who is interested:

abc.go.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

last night they ran a first half recap. I've yet to watch it.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's a shame they couldn't have started the show AFTER Lost was over....
I just can't get vested in so many of these types of shows. This is one I'll have to get the dvd set for, to get caught up. I love the premise, but haven't been able to watch the episodes. Kind of like Torchwood, when all of the kids all over the planet started talking the same message "They are coming" at one time....eerie....

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

don't get too attached. as good as the first half was, the show might not get picked up for a second season

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Tonight's the big night!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The two newest episodes were alright. A lot of questions were asked, but this, to me, weighed the episode down a bit. As a fan of 'Lost', I'm used to mysteries, so having many questions answered in so short a time was unusual to me.

I really hope this series does not get repetitive! It will be perfectly fine if it lasts only one season. Why do series have to be more than one season long?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It's a shame, that FF will be cancelled...

Really like the show, espacially after the break and am really excited about the upcoming finale. Now the puzzle gets put together (hopefully).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join