It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama overturns Bush policy on state secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Obama overturns Bush policy on state secrets

rawstory.com

Attorney General Eric Holder announced that from today he would personally review claims to state secrecy privilege, and vowed tougher standards would be put in place.

"Under the new policy, the department will now defend the assertion of the privilege only to the extent necessary to protect against the risk of significant harm to national security," a Justice Department statement said.

"The policy requires the approval of the Attorney General prior to the invocation of the states secret.."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
First question:

1) Is Obama's BC a state secret?

Good, then how about we start with that, Mr. Holder?

2) And once we have buried that hatchet for good, how about next you prosecute all those involved with the recent testimony of Sibel Edmonds? Or are the activities of those corrupt, compromised congressional legislators state secrets too?

While this sounds good on the surface, I must question to what extent this new policy will really be used. I mean really....SHOW US THE MONEY if you are serious about this, and do something for a CHANGE. Yeah, that now famous word so meticulously embedded in every major Obama campaign promise.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on Wed Sep 23rd 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Good Thread,TA!
But I am afraid I have to disagree about the obama birth certificate it's all part of the right/left scam it keeps both sides at each others throats.As for Sibel Edmon's testimony it should be investigated by all means but we all know the Justice Department is not going to touch it.Holder is gonna try and make it go away.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously

Good Thread,TA!
But I am afraid I have to disagree about the obama birth certificate it's all part of the right/left scam it keeps both sides at each others throats.

Well, you may be exactly right about that. It also keeps attention away from more crucial issues- like there are people, lots of them, dying in illegal wars based on lies right now. Wars that were supposed to end the day Obama took office. Funny how the healthcare issue has provided such a good cover for those profits that just keep rolling in for the MIC, eh?

But really, what's to disagree with on the BC issue here? I merely mentioned it because the AG would be privy to any such state secret.

If this guy Holder really wanted to prove his worth, he'd demand a new investigation of 9/11. Let's see him reveal all THOSE state secrets! The kind that show where the money goes, and who benefited from 9/11.

And oh, how about holding Cheney and Bush responsible for all the detainee deaths because of illegal acts torture committed on their orders, Mr. Holder?

Change of policy? BS.

You see, we should all learn something from this. Whenever from now on they say "CHANGE" then we should immediately translate that to mean:

"NO CHANGE" or "CHANGE FOR THE WORSE."

And then we might actually be close to the truth.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by mike dangerously

Good Thread,TA!
But I am afraid I have to disagree about the obama birth certificate it's all part of the right/left scam it keeps both sides at each others throats.

Well, you may be exactly right about that. It also keeps attention away from more crucial issues- like there are people, lots of them, dying in illegal wars based on lies right now. Wars that were supposed to end the day Obama took office. Funny how the healthcare issue has provided such a good cover for those profits that just keep rolling in for the MIC, eh?

But really, what's to disagree with on the BC issue here? I merely mentioned it because the AG would be privy to any such state secret.

If this guy Holder really wanted to prove his worth, he'd demand a new investigation of 9/11. Let's see him reveal all THOSE state secrets! The kind that show where the money goes, and who benefited from 9/11.

And oh, how about holding Cheney and Bush responsible for all the detainee deaths because of illegal acts torture committed on their orders, Mr. Holder?

Change of policy? BS.

You see, we should all learn something from this. Whenever from now on they say "CHANGE" then we should immediately translate that to mean:

"NO CHANGE" or "CHANGE FOR THE WORSE."

And then we might actually be close to the truth.
Holder is not gonna touch any of that to controversial and if he has ambitions beyond being AG he's not gonna rock the boat.Holder is doing this as a PR stunt nothing more just like the torture investigation it's not gonna go any higher up the ladder.

PS: I understand why you put the BC in there.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Im pretty sure Obama said he would do something similar at the start of his administration.. and then nothing came of it.

new topics

top topics

join