It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN "IReport" - Unknown Objects Videotaped over Phoenix, AZ!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I reposted the links to parts 2 and 3 at the top of page 7 in this thread, here is the link to that post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You'll find the additional 11 minutes there, and the lights look even redder there, like flares.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

These videos are from the April 21, 2008 event, that I researched in the other thread.

The alleged hoaxer claimed that he launched the balloons 1 minute apart, and that they were not tied together...

www.ktar.com...

www.azfamily.com...

I also think this post from another thread on this subject is relevant to the 'tied together with fishing line' theory...

And that Internos cites an interesting point here:

Here is some interesting reading on Roadflares:
emergencyroadflares.com...

This post had the alleged hoaxer's interview, but the videos were removed from Youtube shortly after I disproved the claim...

But it didn't disappear before I made these screen captures in this post:

Here Springer asked me to submit video of my test:

Here is where I submitted the video for Springer:

In this post, I nearly accidentally burn down my R&D lab LOL while demonstrating the 'thrust' potential of a lit flare hanging from fishing line...

This post contains my conclusions drawn from the above experiment:

Amongst those conclusions, (to Arby's question, as to whether or not a flare flickers on it's way out), certainly, however:
[3) The flare was extremely difficult to extinguish.
- The flare required not only the 4 liter jug of water I had standing by, but kept burning until I drenched it with the hose significantly
- This tells us that once lit, a flare will theoretically stay burning until the fuel supply has been exhausted, possibly even in the rain.]

Here is LateApexer's complete article on the investigation:

Hope that helps to summarize the work done on that case in some of the other threads on the April 2008 sighting...

-WFA

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar
The alleged hoaxer claimed that he launched the balloons 1 minute apart, and that they were not tied together...
I don't know what the story is with that hoaxer, if he either didn't do it, or he lied about how he did it and what size balloon he used or whatever, to keep himself out of jail.

But the New Jersey videos demonstrate they can still make formations without being tied together. I see no reason why they would need to be tied together.

Amongst those conclusions, (to Arby's question, as to whether or not a flare flickers on it's way out), certainly, however:
[3) The flare was extremely difficult to extinguish.
- The flare required not only the 4 liter jug of water I had standing by, but kept burning until I drenched it with the hose significantly
- This tells us that once lit, a flare will theoretically stay burning until the fuel supply has been exhausted, possibly even in the rain.]

Even if that's true and I have no reason to doubt it, I guess my question is, would it be possible for the flare to keep burning up inside the outer shell near the end if the flare's life such that the burning part's visibility could be temporarily obscured until the outer case burns away to reveal the burning part again? Or could this be an angular function where one side burns a little faster than the other? It became apparent only near the need of the light's life so it may have something to do with the geometry, or perhaps balance. Those were some of the questions I had when I saw the lights disappear and reappear toward the end of the light's life. I never thought the flare completely extinguished and reignited itself. I thought it kept burning, but the visibility of the burning part wasn't consistent near the end of the burn, so I suspected that's why the light flickered from visible to not visible. I would test it but I don't want to get arrested like the New Jersey guys did

for example, in the New Jersey videos, they tape the fishing line to the last part of the flare to burn. So most of the weight of the flare is pulling the lighted part down toward the ground where it's visible. So 2 things could happen:

1. As the weight burns away, the weight is no longer orienting the flare downward as much as it did when the flare was started. This might allow the flare to point the light in other directions than downward possibly making it less visible from certain angles on the ground at times.

2. If duct tape was used like in the Jersey videos, possibly even the tape itself could temporarily obscure the light, until the tape is burned through?

<< 5  6  7   >>

join