It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN "IReport" - Unknown Objects Videotaped over Phoenix, AZ!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mindpurge

Mindpurge, the military claimed they had no military aircraft in the skies - it could have been a commercial or public aircraft.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
We had a similar mass sighting here in Tinley Park during a concert.

There's definitely something going on up there.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

How does one mistake a F-117 for an alien craft? Even before the F-117 was made public, anyone with a brain could tell that it made considerable engine noise. Even though it looked odd, I would think most people who saw it would assume it was a secret military plane.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the "road flares suspended under balloons" one? I'm fairly sure that I watched this sometime last year and kept an eye out for follow-up stories. Then a guy came forward saying he saw his neighbor in his backyard setting loose these flares beneath big helium balloons. They apparently talked to the neighbor too and found out that this was the case.

Here is the address of a video I found:

www.youtube.com...

Also, I'm new to this and wasn't sure how to put up a proper link to the video. I attempted it but couldn't figure out exactly which part of the URL I had to put in. If somebody could help me out with this it would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by fls13

sorry but does that "morphing plane" have anti gravitational technology?

the lights in that video are nearly static in place . . .

Also: They are reported to go away one by one. Suggesting independent objects.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If these were balloons with flares, they would have had to have been tied together somehow. Have you ever released a couple of balloons? They don't stay near each other at all, They quickly wander off in different directions.

The way the guy tells the story about his neighbor letting balloons go, with flares, he was letting them go one at a time. They would not have been anywhere nears each other.

In addition, flares have a very distinct look, and there would have been a trail of burning embers coming off of them.

Also, what a massive fire hazard doing something like sending up balloons with flares tied under them would be. I would think the local authorities would want to stop this type of behavior.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
That is some fantastically clear and stable footage. About time someone knows how to use a video cam. The lights moved with steady and intelligent intent as they morphed into various quadratic shapes. Why would they do that? Is there a message in the shapes? Some sort of sacred geometry? Way speculative. I just wouldn't know why else you would change the shape of your squadron if you are staying at a stationary point in the sky unless you are communicating something to someone that would see it. Curious. Maybe there is more on the ground capable of making sense of what's in the sky than just us.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The gentleman stated that the full video is 11 minutes long and it shows the objects peeiling off one by one, leaving one hovering in the sky for about five minites before taking off. That in itself would rule out any conceivable notion of flares.

I am going to try and contact Mr. Drenning now. Hopefully he will not mind sharing the entire video.

EDIT: Found links to the additional footage. I have never uploaded a video here, plus I am at work, so here are the links. Thanks bunches to whoever uploads them.

www.ireport.com... Part 2

www.ireport.com... Part 3

How long do flares burn?

[edit on 9/24/09 by IconoclasticTalamasca]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

I have to ask. WHY? Why on Earth would flares look like that. And WHY on Earth would someone attache road flares to balloons and release them? And what sort of balloons is one using to send up a road flare? And why would you spend the extra money to buy balloons that could carry a road flare?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I figured the suggestion of road flares dangling from balloons (like the ones the guys used in the semi-recent New Jersey hoax) might cause a bit of a hubbub/feather ruffling on this thread. Just had to point out that there was someone out there claiming that this was probably a flare sighting. I'm not making that claim myself.

A couple things to note, though. As the New Jersey hoax (which was filmed entirely by the perpetrators) shows, it is entirely possible to create this exact effect using flares and balloons. The hoax "sighting" looks nearly identical to this one, complete with multiple separate objects that appear to be hovering in a small group and changing formation. Despite the fact that the New Jersey event was, in fact, caused by flares, there is no trace of smoke or sparks or burning embers on that video.

In addition, if the lights were flares ignited and launched one at a time a few minutes apart, one would expect them to disappear one at a time a few minutes apart.

That being said, if the entire video comes to light and the previously unshown portion does indeed show the objects zipping away at high speed (I assume that's what one poster meant by "peeiling"), then the flare idea goes right out the window. However, if the video in question actually showed such fantastic maneuvers, I find it hard to believe that the folks doing the news story would not have chosen to show that part of the video - the most interesting part - in the first place.

On the other hand, I can certainly imagine a sighting of genuine UFOs that looks just like this - orb-like balls of light hovering and slowly changing formation. After reading quite a bit about UFOs, though, I have to say that this "sighting" is far from compelling when compared to the truly unidentified sightings in the literature. But that's not to say I wouldn't immediately soil myself if a stepped out my front door and looked up and saw the objects that are presented in this video.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
actually this whole thing has been discussed before and the road flare balloon lie was researched here by posters. Here is a link that has videos of a flare being suspended by a balloon. Also, there's more info about weight of flares and balloon payloads. In short, the road flare balloon story is a cover up.

here's the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just did a quick search. Road flares typically burn for 15-20 minutes apparently.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Again, click on the link and you don't have to do any searches. All the info about flare weight, flare burn time, balloon costs, and how much balloons can carry is all laid out in the link.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Hit it on the nose good sir!

As for the rest of you, why is it hard to see that they were flares?!
With a quick google search, you can find the guy admitted that it was a hoax. Why dont some of us deny ignorance for a change, instead of thinking the most illogical thoughts!

Lights in the sky? O man, they have to be mysterious beings from a different world.
:dn

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
lol yeah that would be easy to believe because there's no work on your behalf to believe such a story. but when you start putting all the pieces of the puzzle together, some don't fit. Click on the link I provided twice already and you'll see some things just don't make sense with this specific story. I'm not saying that flares on a balloon can't be done, but in the AZ story with what was said by the supposed witnesses, it all doesn't add up after what we researched.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here's a video of the New Jersey hoax flares. Now that I look at it again, these lights seem to be blinking/dimming/flickering a little more than the ones in Arizona. The clip is too short to show the way the flares change configuration. If u look at other videos of the same sighting from the same date, you can see the other formations the flares made.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereotype

Hit it on the nose good sir!

As for the rest of you, why is it hard to see that they were flares?!
With a quick google search, you can find the guy admitted that it was a hoax. Why dont some of us deny ignorance for a change, instead of thinking the most illogical thoughts!

Lights in the sky? O man, they have to be mysterious beings from a different world.
:dn

which guy admitted what was a hoax? The video in this thread, or some other thing?

I grant people are willing to do retarded things for attention and making fun of others. I think that that is stupid myself, but no one asked me.

I'd just like to understand what the point of putting road flares on a ballon would be.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by snookhums

Evidence!

One Balloon tide to a MONSTEROUS FLARE is evidence.
Fact is that someone admitted to this, your facts don't prove anything. We dont know HOW many balloons were used, WHAT the weight of the flare was, WHAT the length of the fishing line was.

ALL ASSUMPTIONS!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stereotype

again, if you skipped some of that topic there's also info on balloon sizes and how much each size could carry, cost of balloons, the flickering of flares. Also some math done on how many balloons it would take just to lift 1 flare. there's a lot of info in there to answer most of your questions or ideas behind you're so called flare story.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by snookhums]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i]reply to post by Aeons

The man, who did not want to be identified, said he used fishing line to attach road flares to helium-filled balloons, then lit the flares and launched them a minute apart from his back yard. He said he believed turbulence created by a passing jet caused the balloons to move around.

Phoenix Police helicopter pilot Bruce Bates, who saw the lights, said the balloons explanation makes sense.

``People say they saw different shapes -- a square, a diamond, an arrow, all these different shapes. Well, that's just the balloons moving around in the wind currents," he said.

Some people will always think the lights were UFOs, Bates said.

``I think people want to believe what they want to believe."
www.ktar.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join