It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over half of the people at the UN walked out during Ahmadinejad's speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonconform
I think that people walking out is a disgrace to all the people of countries who have elected them.After listening to his speech i think he has some valid points,although i wish he would stop involving religion with everything he says.
If your memorys arent that short,you will remember the media forever building saddam and iraq to be our enemy with wmd.GUESS WHAT its happening again,a funny little pattern,to whip up hatred so when we go into IRAN to liberate them from the dictator,that the public will agree that we are doing the right thing.Does cheap oil ring a bell,once hes removed we strike up a deal with the new goverment that we install that give us cheap oil cos we liberated them.
YOU MUST SEE THE SIMILARITIES

What ever happen to the good old days. It use to be as simple as sending a sniper to do the work. I guess the rich can't make enough money that way,

Seriously though, does anyone disagree with statements like these?

We have all seen that how the inequitable economic structures controlled by certain political interests have been used to plunder national wealth of countries for the benefit of a group of corrupt business giants. The present structures are incapable of reforming the present situation.

The political and economic structures created following the World War II that was based on intentions to dominate the world failed to promote justice and lasting security.

Regrettably, in the current international relations, selfishness and insatiable greed have taken the place of such humanitarian concepts as love, sacrifice, dignity, and justice.

Lies have taken the place of honesty; hypocrisy has replaced integrity and selfishness has taken the place of sacrifice. Deception in interactions is called foresight and statesmanship; looting the wealth of other nations is called development efforts; occupation is introduced as a gift towards promotion of freedom and democracy, and defenseless nations are subjected to repression in the name of defending human rights.

I don't agree with the man on his definition of equality and freedom. I do think that we should be engaging him looking for a middle ground that adds stability to the region.

I did disagree with this part however. . .

Reforming the current economic structures and setting up a new international economic order. . .

There was more to the statement. I just really disagreed with this part. Every country should handle its own financial order/matters and get out of each other's business. Hard or impossible to achieve these days though.

I felt this next part was a bit disingenuous. His idea of cultural respect seems not to extend to christians and others. I say that simply because he keeps mention the return of the great Iman and "the one true god." Plus the fact that they murder gays and women who chose to date without a chaperone.

Reforming cultural structures , respect for diverse customs and traditions of all nations, fostering moral values and spirituality aimed at institution of family as the backbone of all human societies;

He made some good points. He had a few bits that felt like rhetoric for rhetoric's sake. However, I didn't see anything that offended me. I also didn't see anything "crazy." Like another poster though I kind of felt like I was being asked to chose which NWO I want. One under Islamic law or unchecked greed and disregard for the "non elites."

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think this is the on theme that worried me the most.

Therefore, we emphasize that: The only path to remain safe is to return to Monotheism

Who's monotheism are we returning to? In my opinion this one line cancels out all calls to peace and equality. To me it just feels a lot like "convert or die." Iran doesn't have a long history of being tolerant of other religions. Israel isn't exactly very accepting of other religions. A good chunk of Americans aren't going to give up their protestant views. So, how do we return to a monotheism that promotes peace? I don't see how it can be done.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered
Those people who walked-out are aging backwards. Unfortunately, the only thing that's getting younger is their brains and not their bodies.

An adult (or anyone for that matter) should listen to what others are saying even though they may disagree with them so it will open an argument.

There should be a list of those immature walk-outers.

I hung up today on an attorney for a bank. I was agreeable to talking, and perhaps doing what I could to help them out. However, he yelled at me, and called me an idiot. So, I walked out. So you are saying that, even tho it was immature for this lawyer to do what he did, I am immature for not tolerating his bad behavior? I think not.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
I think this is the on theme that worried me the most.

Therefore, we emphasize that: The only path to remain safe is to return to Monotheism

And according the their 'holy book', the one 'god' is the ancient Palestian god/idol of Muhammeds family, the god of the moon, Allah. And according to that 'holy' book, anyone not converting to Islam should be beheaded. That is NOT the same 'god' as Jehovah. And even tho many Muslims think that Baraq is their 'imam', I personally want to go down as a big supporter, NOT. Indict for fraud, theft, murder, and illegal immigration. Then, send 'it' to Guantanimo Bay, for his own safety of course.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
I hung up today on an attorney for a bank. I was agreeable to talking, and perhaps doing what I could to help them out. However, he yelled at me, and called me an idiot. So, I walked out. So you are saying that, even tho it was immature for this lawyer to do what he did, I am immature for not tolerating his bad behavior? I think not.

There is a difference there. You walked out for a legitimate reason. You were agreeable to talking, and he changed your mind. These people had absolutely no inclination of listening and walked out without giving it a second thought. In the case of Canada, they had agreed with Israel BEFORE the summit even started to walk on him. How mature is that? Israel didn't even show up because he was going to be there. How can there be any claim to trying to work these things out without bombs and bullets if we have countries pulling this kind of garbage?

I am sure if you were to give a transcript of that speech to a group of political science students, some "pundits", and some politicans, the majority of them would agree to most of what he said. It just plain makes sense. As soon as you give put his name on it, it would be written off completely as garbage and hate mongering of some sort.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yep, heres a prime example. I have watched the speech and for the life of me I can't find what is so offensive in it to make people need to get up and walk out. (?) I must say that what he had to say was spot on. I applaud this speech. I was really smiling. If only other politicians could be so well spoken. I didn't hear any hate coming out. There was concern and questions about why the US of A should be allowed to bully the world or police it and try to model everyone after them but at the same time do what they tell others not to do. I wish others had the guts to speak out against the US in the MSM in a well thought out speech. The real problem though is how we have all been trained to hate Ahmadinejad. It's like those target game-when the targets jump up with the pictures on them of the bad guys and good guys. You see his picture you are trained to shoot.
I wonder how many people will comment on this without taking the 30 something minutes to watch the speech? Someone tell me what was so horrible that he said to make those "world" "leaders" walk out???? Anyone? Anyone?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
And according the their 'holy book', the one 'god' is the ancient Palestian god/idol of Muhammeds family, the god of the moon, Allah. And according to that 'holy' book, anyone not converting to Islam should be beheaded. That is NOT the same 'god' as Jehovah. And even tho many Muslims think that Baraq is their 'imam', I personally want to go down as a big supporter, NOT. Indict for fraud, theft, murder, and illegal immigration. Then, send 'it' to Guantanimo Bay, for his own safety of course.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Absolutely none. What you have said there is so full of complete lies and retardery, that people are dumber for reading it.

The father of the Muslim people, according to the Bible, the Torah, and the Koran? Ishmael, son of Abraham.

According to the Koran, anyone not believing in God should be beheaded. Not much different than what is in the Torah. Not much different than what Christians practiced not so long ago.

As far as Barak and the rest of your abomination of a post, I have no clue what you are talking about...I don't think you do either.

And to close out, unless you are a teenage girl stuck in 1993, using NOT like that in a sentence, really diminishes your "street cred". Get out of the basement.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Leaving was the most dignified response to something entirely vulgar and the totally ponderous rhetoric. An "honest" debate would have been a volley of boots hurled to the dais till he either ran away or was knocked unconscious.

And this is how according to you the worlds problems get solved? You seem to be very full of anger and have a dangerous way to keep the peace. Leaving was very undignified. It showed a complete lack of tolerance and dedication to solving the worlds problems. I guess his words against capitalism must have hit pretty close to the mark to get them all riled up like that huh?

*If the worlds problems were solved by throwing shoes, the world would be barefoot. -This has been a public service announcement from Guardstarr

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Seeing as Ahmadinejad's views concur with a lot of ATS members, maybe he's is amonst us.

Can anyone guess his user name ? Bound to have loads of stars

I think it is dumb for world leaders to ignore somebody like this. He might be alright or he could be a madman.... either way we need to communicate with him to find out.

The most important part of communicating is listening.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Seeing as Ahmadinejad's views concur with a lot of ATS members, maybe he's is amonst us.

Can anyone guess his user name ? Bound to have loads of stars

I think it is dumb for world leaders to ignore somebody like this. He might be alright or he could be a madman.... either way we need to communicate with him to find out.

The most important part of communicating is listening.

how could you possibly be proud of associating yourselves with a person like him? He may have some views that resonate here, but why would you associate yourself with a holocaust denier?

More importantly, the man stole an election and sent out his thugs to kill and maim protestors who were shouting for freedom. How can you be proud to call yourself like him?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wazthewazzock

and i think i found plenty of love 200 years ago when thousands of africans were made as slaves, beaten, whipped, raped and killed in exchange of making America the richest country in the world with not having to pay the workers.

or the time when over 100,000 innocent civilians were killed in a single war.

or how about the only country to ever drop the worlds most deadliest weapon, yet still preach about not having them.

I can say the same to you my friend.

You're talking about ancient history and I'm pointing out the policies of Iran TODAY. Big difference.

People walked out and why?
They didnt like what they heard,
they already have impressions on what he is;
a terrorist, a mad man, a dictator.

And he is a mad man. Based upon his actions TODAY.

If you sit and listen to his ravings, then you are giving tacit approval to the murders he commits in Iran.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Regrettably, in the current international relations, selfishness and insatiable greed have taken the place of such humanitarian concepts as love, sacrifice, dignity, and justice.

As I look at the current state of affairs in Iran, where homosexuals are hung from lightposts in the city square, and young girls are stoned to death, I wonder where this wacko gets off talking about 'humanitarian concepts as love, sacrifice, dignity, and justice'.

Or did he think we would just conveniently forget about those atrocities just because he is speaking in front of the UN?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Do you really expect the representative leader of Iran to come out to the UN council spewing obvious venom in a speech? To do so would be to turn the rest of the world against them! Think about it, people - right now Iran is trying to calm people's nerves as they continue their nuclear ambitions, whatever those might be.

Hitler's speeches during his rise to power were also soothing and golden to the ears of the Germans. They said the man had a silver toungue. For evidence of what Iran really stands for, you only need to look at how they treat their citizens:

* Those who protested the recent election and called for investigations were jailed and beaten; some were killed outright. An Iranian cleric ordered the execution of protestors:

Iran Cleric: Execute Election Protesters
www.cbsnews.com...

Have we forgotten the viral video of the Iranian woman (Neda) shot while walking with her music instructor by Iranian police during the election protests?

Death video Iranian woman 'shot by militia': fiance
www.google.com...

Fiance tells of Neda's last moments - 23 Jun 09
www.youtube.com...

* As another poster pointed out, homosexuals are killed. There is no tolerance of freedom of choice in that country when it violates the edicts of the mainstream religion. Either you do what is expected of you by God or you die.

Iran Executes Two Homosexual Boys
www.beirut.indymedia.org...

Iran: Reports Of Gays Being Executed Raise Concern
www.rferl.org...

* Convicted of a criminal act in Iran? You die. Here are two young men executed publicly after being convicted of rape:

Iran: Public execution for the teenagers convicted of rape
www.jihadwatch.org...

* Countries that oppose Iran are considered evil; again, there is no room and no appreciation for differences.

What does this tell you all - that Iran wants to be a team player with the rest of the world???? Wake up guys!!! Those leaders had every right to get up and walk out on whatever that man said because he represents the Mullahs, not the people of Iran.

If you were defending this man, his speech as not sounding anything like Hitler's, then you have a serious problem. You are reading what Iran wants you to read. You are not remembering how they treat their own. You are falling for the PROPAGANDA. And you should be ashamed of yourselves if you defended this horrible man.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by sos37]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
nice video from bbc 4 on iran an inside view.

video.google.com...#

[edit on 24-9-2009 by dashar]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
To all of you who think his speech was great and wonderful and what a excellent person he is, i would like to start a fundraiser so we can send you to iran to live because we sure don't need you people here.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
nevermind...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
its normal for Ahmadinejad, all the time halves walks out, just not showing on telly, here is another walkout few months earlier in Geneva

www.youtube.com...

no surprise with his allah preachings, i couldn't make 60 sec of that vid

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
THE MAN WILL NEVER BE KNOWN TO US --WE DONT EVER KNOW OUR OWN PRESIDENT----LOOK AT BUSH---THE HITLER OF THE TWENTYFIRST CENTURY----HOW THE HELL DO WE EXPECT TO KNOW HIS PLANS???
i would have to say their country has guts to stand up to our murdering country-- we are reaping what we sow--he and his will reap what they sow---time will tell-----they have the right to nuclear weapons just like all countries. without checks and balances one country would dominate------ as far as half of the croud walking out only tells us how #ed we all are when people in power dont even listen----i personaly agreed with all he said face value------

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I agree with you completely!!! Great post!

Here are some more of his thoughts....

"Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was speaking to his own nation’s youth, the next generation. He said what his generation has always believed, that is, that Jews must be killed.

He stated that the state of Israel, founded on May 14, 1948, must be "wiped off the map." In other words, all Jews must be slain. That is the typical degradation given to Jews by Muslims. Jews are referred to as "Jew-pigs and descendants of monkeys."

"Iran’s President said that "anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation’s fury. . ." "

www.canadafreepress.com...

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Thursday the solution to the Middle East crisis is to destroy Israel"
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad is a denier. He shouldn't be listened to if I'm understanding this right.

So America's 9/11 truthers and the birthers should not be listened to either with that thinking on anything they have to say.

It's alright to walk out on speach given by another world leader, yet its rude to tell the leader of a country he's telling a lie. When he is. Then you have to appologize for saying the truth about his statement. Still not enough you get repremanded by your peers for letting the people that you represent they are being told something not true.

Protesters in one country with stricter laws suppressing freedoms are killed. Yet today you needed a permit to protest and gather or face police action. Not a far step away from protesters in this country. Just how long do you think it will be before protesters in this country meet the same treatment?

Ahmadinejad is like another leader I can think of. He says what he does is for the good of his country and the world. Yet they are both doing whats best for the agenda they follow. I just don't see many people walking out on the president.

excuse me now while I go listen to the mmm mmmm obama song..maybe the flip side of the record is mmm mmm ahmadinejad. Oh heck I should just go buy the cd I'm sure there's at least 20 world leaders with a mmm song.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join