It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico- A warzone.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
9 out of 10 people in Mexico are corruptable? Either this guy is lying or Mexico is a lost cause.

9 OUT OF 10 !!!!

I watched the videos, and I can tell he's lying, he is a drug cartel soldier, a criminal

Saludos

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cisnerosmtz

Hate to disagree, I really do, but it is the truth. I'd go so far as to say the same for the United States as well.

Corrupting someone doesn't mean that they will join up and accept ideology. It means that you can bend someone to your will for the task at hand.

People are offered the bribe or the bullet. Not a whole lot of choice for the average person. It really takes a lot of chutzpah to stand up and ask for the bullet rather than accept the bribe.

Threats of harm to families are one of the biggest tools used. All one has to do is prove that you have access their family(pictures, memento, finger, etc.), and have the resolve to do harm to them to achieve your objective(not usually an issue with the cartels).
They then access the person to be corrupted, be it a cop, soldier, prison guard, etc to prove that they have access to and will harm their family if they don't cooperate. They are promised freedom and no injuries to their family if they cooperate, so they often do.
Granted a lot of people end up dead once their purpose is served, so as to eliminate loose ends, but not always, which is what the target is hoping for when he agrees to cooperate.

It happens more often than most realize, not just with Mexican cartels, but with various organized crime groups, Asian, Eastern European, Latin American, it makes no difference.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by digger2381

I cannot disagree with what You said, but the problems are only in the border towns, and it is just as screwed up on the US side of the border.

The choice You gave of either a bribe, or bullet wouldn't be quite like that, but the US Govt. is officially helping high ranking cartel members.........

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If you want the violence to end, you have to legalize certain drug(s).

This violence is all driven by money. It has nothing to do with conflicting religious beliefs, or Mexico not liking the US. It's strictly business -- and that business is trafficking/selling drug(s).

It's Al Capone and prohibition all over again.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I live on a boarder town. I can tell you that what I hear coming from the other side of the fence is alot of violence, that is kind of shocking. I will agree, that most of the people on either side are really decent people, just wanting to live, and make a living. However, the problems are far deeper than what either wants to admit, nor will either government admit to any wrong doing. I am saying that there is a problem with the drug flow, but it is a modern day rum triangle. Guns and money flow one way, drugs flow the other way for more guns and money. On the US side of the border, the CIA, different organizations, justice system, and DEA do nothing to help or halt. If you consider the number of drug addicts who get busted if they took part of the multimillion dollar budget and put it into treatment, the drug problem would go away, but they do not, so the problem keeps going on.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
After reading all the posts I'm left with a question. Fixing, or at least easing the problem would mean a re-construction of both governments? It seems that so many are the powerful people involved that it would be almost impossible to change it. Revolution you say? Mexico had its revolution millions dead no change. The same people stayed in power and they are the ones running the country now. Revolution in the US you say? You've had your revolution much changed but much stayed the same as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

you said you have never ... does this mean you dont even drink coffee or tea or soda for that matter

caffeine and sugar are legal drugs and yes they alter your state ... what makes them right

[edit on 24-9-2009 by rtcctr]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript

We know that both sides are to blame. Both governments, the people, the cartels. What can be done?
What better place to come up with a solution, than a forum full of intellectual people?

You serious? You think a committee of do-nothing eggheads is the answer? I'm speechless.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
its so scary that i dont even want to go the lower vally ( im in corpus christi texas) anymore. its leaking into the us. it wont be contained in mexico for long

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thing about the drug cartels is they make more money in a week than some African nations GDP.
There are lots of them,and they have been stockpiling weapons/money/drugs for decades.
They are rich beyond comprehension,well organised,heavily armed and intelligent.
To wage an outright war against them would make AL Queda look like 3year old retard gimps with toy guns.
I don't think any country could subdue such a force by military might alone,especially when you look at how far the cartels have infiltrated the government and security forces.
God knows how to fix this awful situation.
The bad guys in this situation often have more money/power and influence than their own government.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Originally posted by 3vilscript

We know that both sides are to blame. Both governments, the people, the cartels. What can be done?
What better place to come up with a solution, than a forum full of intellectual people?

You serious? You think a committee of do-nothing eggheads is the answer? I'm speechless.

Maybe.... unless you don't consider yourself smart in which case spare us your idea. There are intelligent people reading these topics, maybe one will have a moment of clarity and come up with a solution. Have a little faith.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join