It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Plans Massive Surveillance Panopticon That Would Monitor “Abnormal Behavior”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just found this on prisonplanet...

EU Plans Massive Surveillance Panopticon

Frankly it's one of the scariest things I've read.

It would make places like ATS almost impossible (in terms of free speech).

What are your views on this?

Does anyone know anymore than the article says?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Was going to do thread on this but time,

Anyhow the following is very interesting, linked or not mentioned in the Prison Planet Article...

Firstly, its Mother is Project Echelon and has been going on for years, this post will in about 15 seconds be read, digested, analysed etc by a computer in North Yorkshire, and if anything pushes the buttons a very pale 18-25 yr old intelligense American or British geezer, in a deep bunker, will take a peek at what the computer thinks is worth "human reveiw"

For a breakdown of this reality and links, citations, and the full story on its capabilities some photos (links) look at my following post, EVERYONE should make themselves aware of Echolan :

My Mobile is Tapped (elf you bet it is so is mine and theirs)

For the new project the telegraph has some more info:

Project Indect, which received nearly £10 million in funding from the European Union, involves the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) and computer scientists at York University, in addition to colleagues in nine other European countries.

The Indect research, which began this year, comes as the EU is pressing ahead with an expansion of its role in fighting crime, terrorism and managing migration, increasing its budget in these areas by 13.5% to nearly £900 million.

The European Commission is calling for a "common culture" of law enforcement to be developed across the EU and for a third of police officers – more than 50,000 in the UK alone – to be given training in European affairs within the next five years.

According to the Open Europe think tank, the increased emphasis on co-operation and sharing intelligence means that European police forces are likely to gain access to sensitive information held by UK police, including the British DNA database. It also expects the number of UK citizens extradited under the controversial European Arrest Warrant to triple.

Stephen Booth, an Open Europe analyst who has helped compile a dossier on the European justice agenda, said these developments and projects such as Indect sounded "Orwellian" and raised serious questions about individual liberty.

"This is all pretty scary stuff in my book. These projects would involve a huge invasion of privacy and citizens need to ask themselves whether the EU should be spending their taxes on them," he said.

"The EU lacks sufficient checks and balances and there is no evidence that anyone has ever asked 'is this actually in the best interests of our citizens?'"

Which is very scary indeed, further:

York University's computer science department website details how its task is to develop "computational linguistic techniques for information gathering and learning from the web".

"Our focus is on novel techniques for word sense induction, entity resolution, relationship mining, social network analysis [and] sentiment analysis," it says.

This is not the only such project though in europe!

A separate EU-funded research project, called Adabts – the Automatic Detection of Abnormal Behaviour and Threats in crowded Spaces – has received nearly £3 million. Its is based in Sweden but partners include the UK Home Office and BAE Systems.

It is seeking to develop models of "suspicious behaviour" so these can be automatically detected using CCTV and other surveillance methods. The system would analyse the pitch of people's voices, the way their bodies move and track individuals within crowds.

Th e Telegraph

Well looking at the above most of ATS is definately on their "watch" list and as far as "sentimental" behaviour well omg lol.

The fact that continent wide sharing of DNA will be taken, with the knowledge that DNA is stored even if you are found not guilty, or proving as in large scale murder cases where 20-30 thousand local inhabitants are profiled is very very concerning indeed.

Further to this the official website of the project is here......

Click if you dare lol
and yes your compute will do strange things if you do, and your firewall work very very hard, but obviously not stop anything they place...

Project Indect

Their official results or modus operandi that they admit to are very concerning, god knows what they can do behind the scenes.... of particular interest to all should be the below two things

Mobile Device Tracking

and further

Search Engine Watermarking

Look closely guys!!!

Continuous Automated Monitoring Agents on (elf installed)...Message Boards...Forums ...Personal computer systems

The main expected results of the INDECT project are:

* to realise a trial installation of the monitoring and surveillance system in various points of city agglomeration and demonstration of the prototype of the system with 15 node stations,
* implementation of a distributed computer system that is capable of acquisition, storage and effective sharing on demand of the data as well as intelligent processing,
* construction of a family of prototypes of devices used for mobile object tracking,
* construction of a search engine for fast detection of persons and documents based on watermarking technology and utilising comprehensive research on watermarking technology used for semantic search,
* construction of agents assigned to continuous and automatic monitoring of public resources such as: web sites, discussion forums, UseNet groups, file servers, p2p networks as well as individual computer systems,
* elaboration of Internet based intelligence gathering system, both active and passive, and demonstrating its efficiency in a measurable way.

Indect Hompage Click if you dare ?

Well I could go on and on... however it says it all eh....

Next thoughts will be monitored indeed why not 5? 10? 20 yrs?

It is all changing so fast and soo subtlely but we all carry on as normal.

Elf

Edit for link

[edit on 23-9-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
BUMP

Read my above post!!! you just HAVE to flag this if you a member of ATS!!!

European Union Using ‘Big Brother’ Technology to Scour Web for ‘Abnormal Behaviour’

Read my Above post, they are telling you outright they will watermark every single search you ever do, place tracking automatic software on EVERY computer and monitor your moods......

Think about this guys, ATS may cease to exist, or if not no one will be prepared to post....

Flag this Mutha

Elf

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Heh, one fun way to handle this is to organize a random day. Get hundreds or thousands of people to do complete odd random things in front of the cameras or on the web.

For example. walk out into the middle of the street, put an apple down, lick your finger and check the wind, skip or dance back to the sidewalk, then go about your business.

If there truely is a diagnostic program in place to monitor odd behavior, you could easily flood it with random behaviors.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Lol that is an idea, and also for everyone do do the same searchs, as then that search might not be seen as "Abnormal", however as said it shows that they have openly said they will instal agents on every computer to track everything done, said, looked at etc.....

This is truley orwellian big brother every thing you do, on phone, net, on camera, every search every email will be analysed and you will be profiled for it, what actions can they take as they head it as "security" ?

Elf

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

Look over there >>> points to TV, X factor is on and you really must look at it. ( whilst a virus infects your computer and there's nothing you can do to stop it monitring your internet usage)
Nex they'll be monitoring your internet browsing history and if you look at *ahem * adult sites then your not an ideal citizen , and you'll be raided, and imprisoned.

Welcome to 1984 only 25 years late, but well worth the wait eh?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Obviously there are many such programmes in development.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

What a cryptic reply.

And there's no doubt the x factor is to keep with the trend of muddying peoples minds but being "raided"...?

Do you think we will be?

What evidence is there?

And what about us that format and re-install our PCs regularly (and use proxies to view web content)?

How does the STATE expect to deal with us???

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Stanton Dowd]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Bump to add new information and discussions:

Neighbour Shy? Uses Cash not Cards? - Government Advert Contact Anti Terrorist Hotline!

Also a continuation of the EU Plan:

MILLIONS of Britons face being snooped on by a new European intelligence agency which has been handed frightening powers to pry into our lives.

Europol can access personal information on anyone – including their political opinions and sexual preferences – if it suspects, rightly or wrongly, that they may be involved in any “preparatory act” which could lead to criminal activity.
-snip-
This could include covert monitoring of people who deny the existence of climate change or speak out on controversial issues.
-snip-
Among personal details that can be gathered and stored are “behavioural data” including “lifestyle and routine; movements; places frequented”, tax position and profiles of DNA and voice.

Where relevant, Europol will also be able to keep data on a person’s “political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership and data concerning health or sex life”.
Express UK

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 27-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

The EU is currently a semi democratic federal nation.. People just haven't realized it yet lol

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
At the same time, in today's UK news, it's claimed a guy from Northern Africa (I think) made his way back to the UK and was picked up snatching bags at Heathrow, despite having been deported 2 or 3 times

They're going to monitor our online lives --- yet they can't even keep tabs on one guy ?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The sad thing is that most Americans will just shake their head and say, "glad I don't live in Europe." They don't realize that once installed on sites these filters can pick up anybody. It would be simple to program them to grab all traffic. Actually it would be easier than programing them to exclude certain ISPs or locations.

I wonder how long it will be before the US is buying information about its citizens from the EU? That was the reason Echelon was shared with several countries. The US would spy on the UK and UK guys would spy on the US. Then they switched data. It was a way around laws against the CIA spying on Americans on American soil.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

The US is the leader on spying on its people.. The EU is just catching up..

This stupid thing of saying "Im glad I don't live there because of this" is ridiculous.. we all are stuck in the same boat.. Only with slightly different oars.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
So what this means is that I can't pick my nose, scratch my gonads/behind, stick my tongue out, etc...

Who will decide what kind of behavior is right and wrong? How will this be determined?

Makes no sense... It's an impossible feat. We can't convict someone beyond a reasonable doubt when the perp shoots someone on camera because of technical legalities, how will they convict anyone of "suspicious behavior"?? In Canada that's not even an offense...

"Your honor, he was suspicious because he wears a beard and said the word toilet in public"

Magnum

[edit on 10/3/27 by Magnum007]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Find out who these people are and then target and kill them, it would be self defense.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by antideceit
Find out who these people are and then target and kill them, it would be self defense.

Using the CIA/Mossad mentality I see... I guess one could argue that medicine is best used on the one who gave it out originally, but isn't that just continuing the unnecessary cycle of violence?

Violence and hatred do breed further violence and hatred...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Folks who are concerned about this topic might be interested in the book, The Traveler en.wikipedia.org...(novel)

which is where I first heard this term in the context of full government surveillance. When I first read it, it seemed way over the top. Imagine my surprise as innovation after innovation seems to be pointing towards this, seemly daily. What I found really intriguing was the way in which the technology was described as well as the way the protagonist group is able to get around it (albeit w/ some difficulty) by changing ones gait, injecting shots (cortizone?) around the face to change facial structures, and a small "random" device that would tell them what direction they should head to try and confuse the rigid algorithm the evil group used. Also very interesting was the way citizen's behavior was mapped over a period of months, which would automatically raise a red computer flag if the subject went outside their usual stomping grounds for some reason.

One statement really stuck with me, which was that you don't have to watch everyone all the time, you just have to make them think you might be and the individual's behavior will be effectively modified. Highly paranoic stuff here, but it seems we are leaning towards this more every day.

Another bit of req. reading is of course "Little Brother", by the head of the European EFF. Both are works of fiction set in the not so distant future.

If I had any talent I would design a new type of hat modeled of the 1940's women's hats with nets over the face. Only mine would seem totally ordinary and see through in real life, but through some specialized material would turn opaque when recorded via monitors/cameras.

A strange world we are about to enter. If the police & governments weren't so hysterical about citizens engaging in "victimless crimes" (otherwise known as freedom of choice) such as drugs, prostitution, and political protesting, etc, I might not be so concerned with these trends as perhaps this would actually help protect the innocent from those with truely ill will towards their fellow man. But they are, and more people who are not criminals will be branded as such against our founding principles.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. And the level of power/control will soon become so great that it will be used for ill against us; even as they make excuses that it is all for our own good.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

I know it is pretty barbaric and probably pointless, but nothing else will ever work against these people. They cannot be reasoned with and they don't feel pity or remorse, and they absolutely will not stop, ever, until the world is completely enslaved and controlled.
So I say, find these people and just shoot them on sight.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I wonder wether the Rockerfellas, Rothschilds, Bildenbergs will be monitored aswell, then be convicted when these "CCTV's" suspect them of having suspicious behaviour conducting mass-genocide plans. Oh the Irony.

[edit on 27/3/10 by ROBL240]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

Here in the Southeast US, Middle Tennessee to be exact, we were told the local PD will have gunshot recognition mikes and other types of technologies.

They're a little backwards here, officially, as most call them glorified country bumpkins. But, this technology is in place and can do much more.

Basically, it's pattern recognition at an electronic artificial intelligence level.

Much like those computer games so many are fond of with there AI, so it is in the real world. Where, in a game you can 'program' with a few clicks responses to certain actions---so too can response be initiated for what is determined to be ill-intent, or other types of hostilities.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join