It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's lunar mission finds evidence of water on the Moon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
holy $hit!!! this is truly amazing, pardon me for my ignorance but are there any pictures of the dark side of the moon? i would love to see some, recent ones i meen, because if there is water on the sunny side and in craters then there must be loads in abundance(spelling) on the dark side and maybe evn vegetation? Im so glad to be alive in this day and age.

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
dark side of the moon is TABOO... no pics that I know of at least...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackRosEmyth

It depends on what you call true color.
Alves says:

Usually we see the moon as a monochromatic world only with releif and albedo features to observe, but there is something on the surface hidden to the naked eye that everyone can capture with a digital camera, or just plain analog film.

True color is what we see with the naked eye. Hidden to the naked eye means it is not true color. He produced that image by using a lot of digital manipulation. www.colormoon.pt.to...

PIA00404 is not a true color image;

The left part of this north pole view is visible from Earth. This color picture is a mosaic assembled from 18 images taken by Galileo's imaging system through a green filter.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 9/24/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonia2012
this is all too amazing! but why can't we see the real colors of the moon from Earth?? Does our atmosphere act as some kind of filter? or maybe the light reflecting from the sun is so strong that it dilutes the colors all together from where here on Earth?

It might not be as colourful as observe closer in space or
with a very good scope, but if you look at it at night with
your eyes it's not total grey, the moon have many colour shades
some nights I see many shades, some nights we have a golden moon,
the nights that the moon is darker, it's colour is not total grey but
looks more soft-yellow-grey dark bright white, well that's acthually
an abstract opinion of my feelings, but it's hard to explain.

Any one else out there saw the moon in colurs with eyes?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I see what you're saying but those pictures from the probes show green, blue and many other shades of colors.... Thats what Im asking, why can't we see the greens and the blues ?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by true_ats
Earlier in the summer, India’s space scientists were disheartened to discover that their much-heralded moon probe, Chandrayaan-1, had developed a catastrophic malfunction in very suspicions manner.

But now the revelation, slyly slipped to the media by top ISRO officials, that before it had gone dark, the late Chandrayaan-1 had confirmed the presence of large quantities of water on the moon.

And, even more surprising, data from NASA’s Moon Mineralogy Mapper seemed to indicate that water was still being formed on the earth’s surface, according to the ISRO officials quoted in The Times of London and some Indian media outlets. But the officials were tight-lipped about the specifics.

How this data just made it back before they lost control of their equipment sounds like someone didn't want them to know. As we all know last year India's lunar explorer, Chandrayaan-1, project director M Annadurai told Indian media that they will try to unravel the moon's origins and dark side of Moon.

If the moon has no atmosphere, how can water exist on the surface in large quantities? Maybe, it is because the ice is melting, just like the ice on earth and mars is melting but if that is true, then how did the ice get on the moon in the first place without an atmosphere?

India is just now in moon research for two years and find water..

NASA is investigating the moon now for over 60 years and only finds rock and dust..

This is the ultimate proof we would say NASA has always lied about the moon..

So what the hell did NASA discover going to the moon?

Stick a flag in it and just clowning around?

Here is the scenario :

ISRO: "Oh hey, there's actually water up here, did you guys not spot that..?"

NASA: "quiet you!! we'll do the talking on the water!"

ESA: "Hey you guys, our new probe shows that there's some kind of organic microbial lifeforms on mars!"

NASA: "Oh Jesus, shut up, shut up! We'll be lynched for not telling them this FOUR DECADES AGO!!"

Will NASA is still going to smash that probe into a crater in the south pole of the moon on the 9th of October to search for evidence of water, while Indian Space agency already conformed the presence of water on moon.

Lets wait and watch what will happen next !

www.ufo-blogger.com

[edit on 24-9-2009 by true_ats]

Well-said

Although science news is often muddied
by qualifiers, the news today is clear.

After decades of believing that the moon
was a dry, dusty wasteland, we now know
that there is water on the moon's surface.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonia2012

I see what you're saying but those pictures from the probes show green, blue and many other shades of colors.... Thats what Im asking, why can't we see the greens and the blues ?

our eyes are unable to detect the subtle color differences
of many shades, but could be seen with a digital camera,
but that dose'nt mean that the moon is totally grey, there is
colour in it when you are up there with your naked eye

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

...pardon me for my ignorance but are there any pictures of the dark side of the moon? i would love to see some, recent ones i meen, because if there is water on the sunny side and in craters...

You're here to deny ignorance.

SO, once again...for ALL to see (and hopefully stop repeating) there is NO DARK SIDE of the Moon!!!

Unfortunately, though....other ignorance is being spread on the thread. The "color" photos seen a few posts back...were done with FILTERS! They are manipulated and altered in various ways.

Truly, people!! If you cannot see the exact same image of the Moon with your eyes, then it is obvious that those images have been altered. Exagerrated.

Anyway....for GezinhoKiko -- you can see photos of the Far Side in any good astronomical Atlas...check your local library.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tk1967

Of course NASA knows there's water on the moon. Their facilities on the dark side are where they keep the UFO's that are suddenly appearing the world over in record number. J/K

Seriously though, we'll just have to wait and see where this goes. Chances are we'll see a rush for the moon...again.

Edited for atrocious grammar errors.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by SheaWolf]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tk1967

NASA's little dis-info game is about to come to an end. Perhaps the China's and Japan's and India's of the modern era will be more open and truthful with the public. We were there standing on the surface 40 years ago, and we were told lies.

We are being lied to about Mars as well. False red tint added to photos to make details disappear and give the impression of a dead planet. Mars has brown/tan surfaces and a blue sky and liquid water! NASA better come clean to avoid additional embarassment soon.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It depends on what you call true color.
Alves says:

Usually we see the moon as a monochromatic world only with releif and albedo features to observe, but there is something on the surface hidden to the naked eye that everyone can capture with a digital camera, or just plain analog film.

True color is what we see with the naked eye. Hidden to the naked eye means it is not true color. He produced that image by using a lot of digital manipulation. www.colormoon.pt.to...

PIA00404 is not a true color image;

The left part of this north pole view is visible from Earth. This color picture is a mosaic assembled from 18 images taken by Galileo's imaging system through a green filter.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 9/24/2009 by Phage]

You consider enhancing the saturation to be "a lot of digital manipulation"?
Interesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Proof.

Show us how water can be liquid in 0.01% atmosphere, and -70C temperatures.

Please.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Proof.

Please.

OK.

Atmosphere:

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Liquid water:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Proof.

Please.

Well How can you acthually prove that if in fact the moon
was not 0.01% atmosphere, and -70C temperatures as they told you?

but that's my personal opinion, I'm nuts, even believing that there
is a breathtable atmosphere on the moon

Three separate papers based on different spacecraft missions present evidence of water on the surface of the moon. One mission found evidence for water itself; the others spotted the hydroxyl (O-H) bond, which is a bond found in water (H2O).

[Science, LA Times]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Exemplar

He increased saturation after doing this.

Stack and stack and stack! doing it by hand is hard work and takes a lot of time, but in 3 megapixel images it is the best way to do it, and mixing evenly as many images you can you will reduce the noise to almost none and get some color detail from the image you're processing. And after that you can just apply the "easy way"(without the gaussian blur), and sharpen the luminance channel a bit, as you have much color information and very little noise, but I advise you to work in 16-bit/channel.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Better yet...How did the Russian's land a craft on the surface of Venus with a parachute when we are told the temp of that planet is supposed to be over 400+ degrees. What was that parachute made of?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

woa! chill out man, im just asking, im not no albert einstien or homer simpson for that matter, so chill out, help your fellow ats'er and guide me to the rite place. No need to get all blood vessel popping on me! Thanks for the info that there isnt a dark side of the moon tho, its something i was brought up on with school and the internet all saying there is a dark side of the moon thats all.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
ITs past 1400 on the east coast... Anyone heard anything about the big info... that NASA was going to release today?
There is a thread going about it , but I can't remember title and search kinda sucks for that....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by weedwhacker

woa! chill out man, im just asking, im not no albert einstien or homer simpson for that matter, so chill out, help your fellow ats'er and guide me to the rite place. No need to get all blood vessel popping on me! Thanks for the info that there isnt a dark side of the moon tho, its something i was brought up on with school and the internet all saying there is a dark side of the moon thats all.

Sorry that some aren't very polite. If you want to learn of these things the best site to explore IMO is:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Thank you very much for that link, i appreciate it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join