It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's lunar mission finds evidence of water on the Moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
NASA is protecting its budget and will make numerous announcements in order to prevent President Obama subjecting them to a significantly reduced budget.

NASA does not want China to be the first nation to return to the Moon.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

NASA is protecting its budget and will make numerous announcements in order to prevent President Obama subjecting them to a significantly reduced budget.

NASA does not want China to be the first nation to return to the Moon.

Even if NASA makes "announcements" , the Indian space agency does not know anything about Obama's budgets, and ISRO has confirmed that there will be an announcement today by NASA, so we can assume that this announcement is true, why would ISRO be a part of any 'lie' from Obama or NASA?

[edit on 24-9-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
edit to add: also i have looked at moon pictures several times in the past...dozens of times; and NEVER has it been so easy to find color pictures like the ones we see now! it's like as soon as India released this, the floodgates open up and they can deny anything by saying it's been there all along. Maybe it was, but it was NEVER so easy to find. I have looked MANY times, and only today have i seen color pictures of the moon being anything except grey. What gives, i know i'm not the only guy here who is not an expert on this, so i want to hear if anyone else feels as though our ideas of the moon publicly have literally changed overnight.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
A picture of the moon in colors from NASA, available since 1998-06-08.

But you're right, we all knew the moon as a gray dead rock.
Now it's quite colored, and there is about 4 billions liters of water on it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackRosEmyth

Just giving some Ideas, If back then since the Gemini space program
in the 60'th they were able to take a picture of Earth in full colour,
as well goes to the Apollo programs which they were able to take
a picture of our Earth, in full clear colour from a very far distance,
even form the moon surface you can see the Earth's clear colour.
It shows that they already have the technology for taking good pictures.

So, With the same camera, why is it that they can not take just a picture
of the moon that atleast that shows some colour, acthually there are no
colour picture's of the moon with atleast some colour at all in the old days,
back then, for us, the moon will be given infomation to us to
believe that it is just a grey dead piece of rock,
not untill lately, I'll guess since 2000 we just begin
to see picture's of the moon with colour,
regards to other nations space programs.

Size can also be a factor if you use the taking pictures from a distance. Earth is much bigger then the moon so taking pictures from the moon of earth would show more detail then taking pictures from earth of the moon. Also if you look at the pictures of earth fromt he moon you see a little bit of Brown or red but the two colors that take presidence are Blue and white. That is because the oceans and water make up the majority of are planet so Blues will come out very easily when taking a picture of earth. The whites come out due to are atmosphere and the creation of clouds. the little bit of red or browns you may be able to spot are land masses. Yet from the pictures I have seen I can't see any green on the pictures of earth nor can i make out what land masses might be showing.

The old pictures from the moon to earth give color but honestly Not that great of detail. I'm sure if we went there now and took a picture we would get more exstrodinary detail then we did then. That we would be able to make out the land masses allot better. So I still believe tech was the issue not that they where hiding the colors from us. I mean go look at some of the newer pictures of Mars you see allot more blue then you use to.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

Man...I am with you

i noticed in that posted colour moon picture..there is a lot of GREEN too...am i wrong?

It's the density of the enviorment that refers to the colour,
the moon is bigger then we think, one small crater black dot
on a propraganda grey NASA picture
can be up to 50-100 Kilometers in distance.

[edit on 24/9/09 by BlackRosEmyth]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wow, all this time and money spent on trying to find signs of water out there somewhere and it could be on the closest chunk of rock to earth?

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

Speaking of forests and trees, I see green in that color photo of the moon. Could this actually be plant life, or is it just or is it just an illusion created by the atmosphere?

I'm going to really be pissed to find out that my 4th. grade science project, that I won first place on, was dis-info. I will gladly give my ribbon to little Johnny for his 2nd place effort on the real science of growing mold on bread.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OWoutcast

Just giving some Ideas, If back then since the Gemini space program
in the 60'th they were able to take a picture of Earth in full colour,
as well goes to the Apollo programs which they were able to take
a picture of our Earth, in full clear colour from a very far distance,
even form the moon surface you can see the Earth's clear colour.
It shows that they already have the technology for taking good pictures.

So, With the same camera, why is it that they can not take just a picture
of the moon that atleast that shows some colour, acthually there are no
colour picture's of the moon with atleast some colour at all in the old days,
back then, for us, the moon will be given infomation to us to
believe that it is just a grey dead piece of rock,
not untill lately, I'll guess since 2000 we just begin
to see picture's of the moon with colour,
regards to other nations space programs.

Size can also be a factor if you use the taking pictures from a distance. Earth is much bigger then the moon so taking pictures from the moon of earth would show more detail then taking pictures from earth of the moon. Also if you look at the pictures of earth fromt he moon you see a little bit of Brown or red but the two colors that take presidence are Blue and white. That is because the oceans and water make up the majority of are planet so Blues will come out very easily when taking a picture of earth. The whites come out due to are atmosphere and the creation of clouds. the little bit of red or browns you may be able to spot are land masses. Yet from the pictures I have seen I can't see any green on the pictures of earth nor can i make out what land masses might be showing.

The old pictures from the moon to earth give color but honestly Not that great of detail. I'm sure if we went there now and took a picture we would get more exstrodinary detail then we did then. That we would be able to make out the land masses allot better. So I still believe tech was the issue not that they where hiding the colors from us. I mean go look at some of the newer pictures of Mars you see allot more blue then you use to.

Might was the issue, but they would have still known that the moon
is colourful since they send man up there, I mean imagine those
astronouts in thier Apollo shuttle in moons orbit and see the
moon surface with thier own eyes.

In present days, Us.military claims to have a satelite
with the technology to zoom in to the earth surface and have
the details of a coin fallen on the ground, well now can do
or did they use this technology with the moon as well?

[edit on 24/9/09 by BlackRosEmyth]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
These Pictures are taken by Filipe Alves

If you observe some particular features on the lunar surface through a telescope you will notice for sure some tiny differences in the hues of the various greys of the surface, as there are many different geological formations composed of different minerals, so there must be a difference, even though very subtle to our eyes, in the color. But to digital and analogic image capture devices it is an easy task to record color information with quite good accuracy, so it can be enhanced afterwords by digital processing to allow us to see it too!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ea3900e3556.jpg[/atsimg]
Stacked 50 images together and added some closeups
made with a 2X barlow, each closeup
was made of 16 images stacked together

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba959f0a5093.jpg[/atsimg]
Notice the detail in blue color of the Aristillus crater,
and the orange rim in the Mare Serenitatis

www.colormoon.pt.to

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hey all,

www.IndiaDaily.com Is a news source from India, and if you read their technology pages, they talk about non traditional scientific information, and the India Daily technology team gives insight into a host of scientific discoveries that never seem to get revealed here.

India finding water? They have been planning on disclosure for a long time, and why did their first satellite crash into the surface? The tech team has classified humans as the level 00 civilization and it goes all the way to level four species that are effectively like the Olympians of legend. Big, strong, and hopefully very enlightened beings. Check it out yourself.

Skeptics and wonderjerks beware!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Indian Moon Mission Pictures Show Triangular Pyramid Anomaly,16th,January,2009

Indian Moon mission Chandrayaan-1, has transmitted more than 40,000 images of different types since its launch on October 22, 2008, which many even in ISRO believe is quite a record compared to the lunar flights of other nations.

ISRO officials estimated that more than 40,000 images have been transmitted by Chandrayaan's cameras in last 75 days, it worked out to nearly 535 images being sent daily.So it means almost 1pic/Mint.

They said some of these images have a resolution of up to five meters providing a sharp and clear picture of the Moon's surface. On the other hand, they said many images sent by some of the other missions had a 100-meter resolution only.They for sure hold a massive data and information regarding moon surface and craters.On November 26, the indigenous Terrain Mapping Camera, which was first activated on October 29, 2008, took shots of peaks along with carters.According to media reports "This came as a surprise to ISRO officials"

After going through all that information poring in media we looked at the one of the photo, taken by the Chandrayaan-1 Moon Mission,which comes straight from the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO). Here's the link: ISRO official website and for our surprise one thing, the symmetry is quite remarkable, pay attention to all the mirrored details...not to mention the triangular shape: it's quite distinct. And if we believe the scale of the photograph according to its caption, 395 km., then the symmetrical object is at least 4kmx4km...a really big crater symmetry! And second one is Triangular Pyramid Anomaly.These photos (allegedly) come from the ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation), not from NASA or the ESA.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Everything it seems is carefully timed.

You would think this would be all over the news wouldn't ya!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I seen it on the news in Australia so maybe it being picked up by major media elsewhere?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The volume of ice that has been discovered is only a minute amount which covers the moons surface in very thin layers especially on the sunny side. some darkened craters may hold more and I guess is one of the reasons they plan to (bomb) one of the poles and measure the amount of moisture that will come about from the blast debris to determine if they could hold more.
Since it is has been found that there is ice on the moon, I really wonder what the real reason is behind wanting to still bomb this area, not for the ice itself, maybe something more. I wonder if the colonies would get established near there when the time comes.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Does this mean NASA isn't going to bomb the moon!!!!???? theire plan is F'ed!

yeeeees!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Related......

Too bad they recently aborted the mission after losing contact. Apparently not before they were able to gather significant data.

Aug. 31 (Bloomberg) -- India’s space agency ended an $82 million mission to map the surface of the moon after failing to restore contact with its unmanned Chandrayaan I craft.....Contact was lost with the probe two days ago and scientists at the Indian Space Research Organisation were unable to restore communications,

We are disappointed with the development, but have managed to get a large volume of data,” including 70,000 images of the moon

www.bloomberg.com...

70,000 photos of the Moon?

Have they been released yet?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
CBC in Canada was talking about this discovery last night on the late news. I took a picture with my camera.

There's also an article on their website.

Water traces found in moon's dirt

The moon is not the dry, dull place it seems. Traces of water lurk in the dirt unseen.

Three different space probes found the chemical signature of water all over the moon's surface, surprising the scientists who doubted the unexpected measurement until it was confirmed independently and repeatedly.

It is not enough moisture to foster homegrown life on the moon. But if processed in mass quantities, it might provide resources — drinking water and rocket fuel — for future moon-dwellers, scientists said. The water comes and goes during the lunar day.

It is not a lot of water. In a two-litre soda bottle of lunar dirt, there probably would be a medicine dropper full of water, said University of Maryland astronomer Jessica Sunshine, one of the scientists who discovered the water. Another way to think of it is that a drink of water would require 730 square metres of dirt to produce, said team leader Carle Pieters of Brown University.

"It's sort of just sticking on the surface," Sunshine said. "We always think of the moon as dead, and this is sort of a dynamic process that's going on."

The discovery, with three studies bring published in the journal Science on Thursday and a NASA briefing, could refocus interest in the moon. The appeal of the moon waned after astronauts visited 40 years ago and called it "magnificent desolation."

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

That's exactly what I was thinking. Is that a true color picture of the moon, or has someone just been artistic for the article? Anyone know?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Popular Science is now publishing the news also with a nice graphic.

www.popsci.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
the impacts they plan to make will be beamed live, something worth looking at.
discoverybuzz.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
space.com is talking about water on the moon but does not speak of India
interesting......

reminds me of soviets landing on the moon first but then.........ehem ehem

I think it was NASA that somehow made India loose contact with the shuttle.

Makes sense no?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join