It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's lunar mission finds evidence of water on the Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by tk1967

Another Country used an instrument provided by NASA to find further evidence of what NASA and the US Navy had previously found.

ohh for christ sake...stop riding on nasa's **** and give credit to the country who set forth the mission....sure nasa sent the instruments..but i wonder why nasa couldnt set up a mission on its own and confirm the presence of water....instead they plan to bomb the moon......lol...and if nasa already knew about this and just didnt tell the public..then i wonder why?...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I am so happy for the men in the Moon, at last I have answered a life long question not all visitors from another world smell. It would now seem more than possible that the men in the mines have proper washroom facilities.

I will not be applying for a job just yet besides I don't tend to drink much water myself.

I am correct in assuming this old age debate... First people thought the man on the Moon theory was correct right up until the 60's when pictures painted a different picture of dust and rock. Then wisdom inserted itself into certain leading heads and they say you can't have life without water. The situation is now most interesting for ourselves.

We have water on the Moon maybe 1Lt out of a cubic meter of soil, water on Mars and frozen lakes on the Moons of other local planets. How wonderful now we shall be looking harder for Methane and other signs of life. I look at the gravity of the situation and say water liquid on Earth under our gravity like anything else has to find it's lowest point and will flow rather free until reaching that such point. Like the rains on the mountain tops flowing all the way down to the sea.

So far we have probed the surface with a penis sized device, recently flying a fridge sized object into the surface. However we have not yet had a full scale dig, say a 300 meter shaft for core sample inspections and water table statistics. I could imagine with ease not just frozen polar caps but underground cavern lakes and suspended deposits below the lunar soil.

With regards to our past trips over and the UFO activity one has to now surely question why are we not '''officaly''' there yet? The Moon has all required water, oxygen, fuel energy - and solar power.

I don't think it would take much at all to be there!

Like the TV advertisment in England for Auzzie: 'We have the Barbie on, the beer is chilled so where the bloody hell are ya!

I would love a chance for a game of golf up there & I have never played.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by YEAHHA

The instrument on Chandrayaan-1, the one which apparently found water (in some form), came from NASA.

[edit on 9/23/2009 by Phage]

Constructed by engineers of the entire globe. No need to be patriotic there, space exploration is now a human venture and not a American thing. In fact it's not exclusive since day one.

But this whole thing makes you wonder if the US has ever set foot on the moon for real.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

exactly.........co-signs

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

Could this mean that the Moon is Earth's water supplier?

That would make some serious sense. It could have all the necessary conditions to create massive quantities of water over the centuries that with the evaporation and re-freezing once in space would be attracted to Earth's by it's gravity forming our atmosphere and later our seas, rivers and lakes.

That would be a pretty awesome reason for not to run Nuclear or any other bombing tests on the moon. I firmly believe that we shouldn't mess with things that we don't fully understand.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
interesting stuff here, wonder if it will be on the news tonight - doubt it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Interesting indeed.

Btw, that bombing mission on 10-09 is to find water on the moon isn't it?

[edit on 24-9-2009 by -Thom-]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

Yup thats what nasa said, they want to kamikaze the surface of the moon and then scan the dust clouds for ice/water. Given this new information though, if nasa still crashes into the moon, I might give some serious thought to the whole space war and aliens on the moon thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Well, what to say?,
I'm not surprised at all.

Here is a picture, taken by the Indian
Chandrayaan-1 moon probe.

Wow, Finally they are starting to show us the moon,
with some colour in it. xD

The moon with some colour in this picture.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebc1d48b9f5d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Water on moon that's great news for all of us .

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackRosEmyth
Well, what to say?,
I'm not surprised at all.

Here is a picture, taken by the Indian
Chandrayaan-1 moon probe.

Wow, Finally they are starting to show us the moon,
with some colour in it. xD

The moon with some colour in this picture.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebc1d48b9f5d.jpg[/atsimg]

It's always seemed odd that so many deny the Moon has colour.

Some nights it is more obvious than others, but I have often noticed colours like are in the picture you posted with my own eyes. No telescope or compuer enhanced saturation necessary... On most nights you can just look up and see the colours

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Maybe NASA hid the fact that there is water for 2 reasons:

It would raises questions regarding the honesty behind the moon landing.
It would raise more questions as to why they havent gone back since.

and how did we go from a Moon like this nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...
to a moon with shades of green and blue?

(edit: can see some tiny blue spots on the pic but nothing like the previous poster shared)

[edit on 24-9-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
First off, star and flag for you!Now i want to make a few observations from a VERY casual observer of this news. i have poked around on ATS for awhile now, and i have not felt compelled so strongly to post in a really long time, it's been months since my last post. I need to bring up a couple of simple points:

i did not first learn of this from ATS, believe it or not FOX news (bleh) mentioned it this morning, so i came here to find out more. that is pretty strange in and of itself.

although many of you are saying things like "this is not new" and what have you, shame on you. It may not be new to you, but i can gurantee you this will be news to 95% of the people who hear it. It might not be "shocking" to people who routinely look this stuff up, but to someone who does not look for things like this often, it will be HUGE news! don't try to downplay this! If i'm not mistaken it has long been a mystery how Earths water got here, right? Now we have evidence that we are only unique for having liquid water, but not unique at all just for having water, it looks to me like we are likely to find water on any other planet or moon we look at!

IF this is not big news, the moon having water that is, then WHY ARE WE CURRENTLY PLANNING A MISSION TO BOMB our moon to study dust for a water presence? This is a no-brainer for me, if so many of you already knew it was there, then why didn't you speak up and say we didn't need to bomb the moon for this data? you could have saved millions of dollars by providing what you know to the people who planned that mission.

finially, i have to assume NASA knew this all along, that's easier to accept than the idea that they were clueless, but only slightly. See, if the KNEW, then what were they really sending the BOMBS to destroy???

i used to think ATS was a place for people looking for truths, but here lately all i see is know it all disinfo spreading like a cancer. can't wait to hear more on this.

edit to add: also i have looked at moon pictures several times in the past...dozens of times; and NEVER has it been so easy to find color pictures like the ones we see now! it's like as soon as India released this, the floodgates open up and they can deny anything by saying it's been there all along. Maybe it was, but it was NEVER so easy to find. I have looked MANY times, and only today have i seen color pictures of the moon being anything except grey. What gives, i know i'm not the only guy here who is not an expert on this, so i want to hear if anyone else feels as though our ideas of the moon publicly have literally changed overnight.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
There is something i dont get. This might be a bit off topic.

But what source and what environment could produce water on the moon?

Wouldn't there have to be at least some oxygen within that environment somehow. But How?
With a surface pressure that is so low and cold. No Way.

The rocks cant squeeze out the water all by them selves.And the differential between day and night temperature wont produce moisture. You need at least a zero degrees to produce water. And i dont think the moon has ever been close to zero degrees of temperature.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Possabilities why you couldn't see color on the moon in past pictures. It could all depend completely on angle of light shining on the moon, angle of Camera and type of Camera used in the picture. As technology in those area's improve the better higher quality of picture we get. We get a better picture of what the moon actually looks like close up as are cemera's improve in tech. The lesser green and blue spectrum of color comes out a little better over the dominent Blacks, greys, and reds of the moons surface. Again positioning of light also makes a difference on what colors are more dominent.

I'm not one of those that believes we never landed on the moon. We where there and if you go look at some of the pictures the Japanesse probe that was sent there they did flyby's of some of the lunar landing sites to prove we where there.

As for the water thing as far as I was aware there was always a possibility of waterice at the caps just no real hard evidence. If the press release is on water it just means they got more the hard evidence they have been needing. It wasn't a some NASA coverup they just didn't have the enough scientific Data to back it up is all and maybe now they do.

I'm not pro NASA either because in allot of respects they have failed and I find it great that countries like India are taking up the challenges that NASA left behind. As for why NASA left the moon missions behind simple fact lack of interest from we the people of the United states and lack of willingness to fork over the money until about the late nineties early two thousands when all of a sudden we got this reestablished interest in the moon again. Instead of taking the blame for no more continued missions we placed it all on NASA. It's the American way playing the Blame game.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

"Now a remote sensing instrument on Chandrayaan-1, India's first mission to lunar orbit, has confirmed that there is a real H20 signal at the Moon.

Two other satellites to look at the Moon - the US Deep Impact probe and the US-European Cassini spacecraft - back up Chandrayaan.

Both collected their Moon data long before Chandrayaan was even launched (in the case of Cassini, 10 years ago), but the significance of what they saw is only now being realised"

Only now being realised........ YER RIGHT!!!!!!! NASA have known this for years the lyers.
Finally we have a country that really does care that this information gets out to us.
I bet NASA are fuming lol

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OWoutcast
Possabilities why you couldn't see color on the moon in past pictures. It could all depend completely on angle of light shining on the moon, angle of Camera and type of Camera used in the picture. As technology in those area's improve the better higher quality of picture we get. We get a better picture of what the moon actually looks like close up as are cemera's improve in tech. The lesser green and blue spectrum of color comes out a little better over the dominent Blacks, greys, and reds of the moons surface. Again positioning of light also makes a difference on what colors are more dominent.

Just giving some Ideas, If back then since the Gemini space program
in the 60'th they were able to take a picture of Earth in full colour,
as well goes to the Apollo programs which they were able to take
a picture of our Earth, in full clear colour from a very far distance,
even form the moon surface you can see the Earth's clear colour.
It shows that they already have the technology for taking good pictures.

So, With the same camera, why is it that they can not take just a picture
of the moon that atleast that shows some colour, acthually there are no
colour picture's of the moon with atleast some colour at all in the old days,
back then, for us, the moon will be given infomation to us to
believe that it is just a grey dead piece of rock,
not untill lately, I'll guess since 2000 we just begin
to see picture's of the moon with colour,
regards to other nations space programs.

What is the truth, the same with this water thing,
WATER is H2O everybody knows that since high school,
so, H2O is a combination of hydrogen and Oxygen,
So if there is water, there should be somekind of atmosphere
layer to keep the water on the surface, or am I wrong?

I heard people such as John Lear talked for years claiming
that the moon HAS a breathtible atmosphere! and many
people were suspecting this too.

Nasa found some good stuff upthere, the hidden garden,
for this long, and they need an Indian probe to find a clue,
to make them say, Eh yes there is water there.

Bu# if they for 40 year have no knowledge about it,
Think about it, 40 fu***en years and looks like we still no where.

We need a disclosure, we as the people, Humens of this Earth
have the rights to know, the moon is not somebodies personal treasure.

you know what there is gold upthere, yes mountains with gold.

don't have to believe anything yet, just wait and see,
the truth is coming out real fast as it never was before.

[edit on 24/9/09 by BlackRosEmyth]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
another thought. I've heard people say "well the astronauts footprints looked as if they were made in wet sand..", well if there is a tiny bit of water all over the surface maybe that explains it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I thought unmanned space craft to the moon had already discovered ice in the bottom of a few of its craters at its south pole...if I recall correctly.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackRosEmyth

Man...I am with you

i noticed in that posted colour moon picture..there is a lot of GREEN too...am i wrong?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join