It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Fighter Not So Stealthy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
I didn't read into that topic but I guess what really comes up as a problem will be passive radars.

abcnews.go.com...

or just google for passive radars. For like 100 Euros everybody can detect stealth bombers

This has already been covered in this thread

stealth aircrafts thwarted by cell phones?

It is not that easy as some scientists will make you to believe.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Having gone thru the Weaponry forum archive....
I ran across this old thread that may be of interests to this topic?
Stealth Ability Neutralized!

seekerof

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
stealth is not just about the coating on the airplane or the unclean lines that bounce back radarpulses with a delay !

behind each stealtplane operating the strategic way are 4 to 5 other airplanes involved !

aerial refueling,countering radar pulses,back-up,rescue and the "foxes".

it is the mix of this all that operates under the name STEALTH.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Though it is true that a large part of the radar being emitted by a radar station is absorbed by the aircraft, there is still a lot of radar that is bounced off, mostly in different directions. Assuming that this is true, why not have radar stations work in tandem with each other, one acting as a relay and other radar stations acting as reception stations. The stray radar emissions bounced off the stealth aircraft would be detected by these reception stations and if compiled at real-time, would give a return on the stealth aircraft. Albeit this system would require multiple radar stations, money, and the synchronization of all the stations to a very precise degree, would it not be an effective and reliable way to detect aircraft, eh?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It would be very difficult.

Since the radar could be deflected all over, how do you know where to station the center? Also, what if it was deflected at such an angle that only airborn statinos could pick it up? I think it'd be a lost cause to try, but two stations could pick up a little bit extra...maybe.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
do not forget that any magnetic field that you produce can have (uncontrollable) sideeffects and that these effects can turn to you the bad way !
it can arrange hick ups or malfunctions of other electroncal stuff.

i have read some stories too that the usaf lost radocontrolled stuff due to... the craft picking up radiosignals that came from other public devices !!

so if one intends to link all radarstations to become one big electronicall unit (like they do with linking radiotelescopes to search for radiosignals from space)...
there could be some unforseen sideeffects having impact
on other of your weaponsystems/airplanes/rockets/...

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
This has already been covered in this thread

stealth aircrafts thwarted by cell phones?

It is not that easy as some scientists will make you to believe.

Well and the reason to tell me it is already covered here is? - I know that, I was just giving a little hint for the people that might have missed it, not a really new thread.

And it's not that hard. Friends of mine a technical unis are building this as well, so?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join