It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census worker hanged with 'Fed" on his body

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by shamsway

I know, my brother spend a few months working for his company in the Daniel Boone forest and where the Cumberland falls are, in Kentucky, my brother said that the people in the beginning wanted to know everything about him and distrust him, but once they got to know him and knew he was there for just a short time, they used to leave corn and dear meat at his cabin door that was company owned.

But he used to tell us the weirdest stories about the people in the area.

We went to visit him for a weekend as I was living in Virginia at the time, boy oh boy, is a beautiful place but the people are very different indeed, the seem like a picture of time gone era during the civil war and they all carry weapons.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The players have taken the field.

We had the coin toss.

Was this the kickoff?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is Obams' Amerika!!!

How's that hope and change working out for you?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

The FBI is still trying to determine if there was foul play involved ?? haha

that's bad reporting right there lol

somebody hangs a guy and carves the word fed on him

and the FBI just can't figure out if there was any foul play

lol

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamsway
As a Kentuckian, let me assure you all that this is not the norm! However, I agree with many of the previous responses. There are places in the hills and hollers that you just do not go unless invited. There are folks in the hills that will shoot first and ask questions later. Not because they were engaged in illegal activity, but because you were trespassing on their land. And i'm sure there are those who see the census as federal intrusion and wouldn't hesitate to "send a message" back to the federal government. Many appalachian residents consider themselves part of a separate state/county altogether. If you drive around counties like Clay, Lee, and Estill, it looks like a completely different world. In many ways it does resemble "Deliverance". But from my experience, typically, the people living there are good-hearted. They may live simple lives and not be traditionally educated, but they are clever and intelligent in their own way. Not trusting outsiders is common, though...

Some family members live in that area and from the stories I've heard, the entire area is corrupt from the police to the courts and politicians. I would not go there unless I had a very good reason to (which I don't). I've been warned by people who do live there what to expect. Kentuckians are not similar to the characters in Deliverance, they are regular, normal Americans living with a corruption so deep and ingrained they have no other choice but to fight back. The only substantial source of income is the drug trade which is protected by the "law", the other is welfare. So, you've got corruption and welfare. Just imagine trying to live a normal life under those conditions. And before any of you start spouting off about why those people should just leave, try to remember that these are among the poorest counties in the state without the means to pick up and leave.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
That there is what is known as a warning around them there parts.

The message is very clear, the people in that area do not want the federal government in that area. They consider census takers as no different than any other part of the federal government.

Yes it was a crime and yes it is terrible that it happened. They would have hung an effigy but they wanted it to be very clear to the federal government to "Keep Out"

Don't mistake it as being slack-jaw hillbillies acting all scared. They are very serious and very determined. This is an example of when it is said that there are people ready to get on with a revolution and just waiting for the right person to say it is time for it to begin.

As bad as this will sound, it would be in the FBI's best interest to just let it go and not do a hard press type of investigation. I feel sorry for the guy and his family, but it would be for the best just let it go.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Ahabstar]

somebody died and they should just let it go?

I'm glad your the only one who thinks that way.

In the real world we like to find out who kills people.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

When Bill Sparkman told retired trooper Gilbert Acciardo that he was going door-to-door collecting census data in rural Kentucky, the former cop drawing on years of experience warned: "Be careful."

www.foxnews.com...

that area of Kentucky and West Virginia is not very forgiving on outsiders, much less anyone representing the Government. It is a hotbed of stills and marijuana growing. there isn't much else to do in that area for income.

many of the people earning that type of living use any land they can find that is remote, including public lands such as the Daniel Boone Forest to hide their business. they do booby trap their fields/stills too.

Next year, the Census Bureau will dispatch up to 1.2 million temporary employees to locate hard-to-find residents

based on the above quote and our troubled times, we may see this again in the near future.

what some people don't get, is that people that are "hard to find" usually want to be for a reason and sometimes it's best to leave them that way

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
wow, just amazing!

Kill the fed!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think this is an inside job, they just killed this guy so that our movement would seem even crazier and to divides us further.

This doesn't seem to be the work of just an angry guy but this is a well planned step.

my opinion

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Someone is finally taken a stand. Good for them.
Sad for the loss of his family,but that is the way war

goes, and we are at war....just because bullets are not flying dosen't mean we are not fighting.
I feel that this is just what it looks like...no plant just people that are done with the Federal

Goverment.
I have read all the post and what I see is a bunch of whimps.
Thread after thread on this site saying how we need to remove the scum from our gov, or how our rights are being tossed aside and we need to get thme back or "KIll

THe FEd", quote from Ron Paul...one or our best leaders. Yet one Fed gets whacked and most of

the posts are defending the dead guy and his job of GPS locating marker of US citizens.

Just an innocent guy trying to make a buck huh?

All I see is a advance recon agent.

edit add> these folks were innocent and were killed by probably the same group....
3000 on 9/11 died just doing there job
100,000 plus died in Iraq just doing their job and going to school
Hundreds in Afaganistan died just because PTB want an oil line threw the country
Swinne Flu forced vaccanitaions comming. How many are going to die or be phisically ruined for life ?

All those mass grave and bodybags/plastic coffins and Fema camps like at BeachGrove Indiana with massive

gas furnance's are not just for looks.

Im not saying that Im happy about someone getting killed, but if we want our country back , that is what is going to have to happen. Im christian and I see this comming and it weighs heavy on my heart...but we must fight back at the evil.

As for playing into the hands of the PTB....we know who they are and they will not be here to see how it all turns out.

Just hope that we have some 5 star generals on our side to keep our defenses up against foreing invasion while we clean our house.

This is a great thread by the way and all points need to be considered. Were in a mess folks, probably won't be fixed till Jesus shows up....but there is allways hope we can fix it.
s&f

[edit on 9/24/2009 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You can bet that someone was buying time to get their meth lab disassembled or the pot crop harvested and outta there. But the census people should have known not to send a lone worker in that area; I know a couple people working for the census and here in Oklahoma they go in pairs at the very least and in certain areas three of them together, it is in the written procedures; this guy's family has a major lawsuit here.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

You've got some nasty karma coming your way for saying that.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Maybe while being hung in his last moments he was able to scribe the name of his killers on his chest?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What are the odds of the murderer(s) being members of this site?

It honestly wouldn't surprise me. Some dangerous people post here, as can be seen by some of the comments in this very thread. It's worrying.

At the very least, I'd say it's quite possible that one of those "teabagger" morons could have been behind this.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Lurch]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
This is an example of when it is said that there are people ready to get on with a revolution and just waiting for the right person to say it is time for it to begin.

If this is any inkling as to what kind of revolution some of these people have, I want absolutely no part of it. They are no better than the government in my eyes now. If this was the motive.

As bad as this will sound, it would be in the FBI's best interest to just let it go and not do a hard press type of investigation. I feel sorry for the guy and his family, but it would be for the best just let it go.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Ahabstar]

They shouldn't let it go. You don't use innocent people trying to make a buck to support their family as cannon fodder against your enemy.

And no matter how much some of these people may have a problem with the way things are going right now (and believe me, I do too), no one deserves to be killed for it. No one.

link   

Originally posted by Lurch

It honestly wouldn't surprise me. Some dangerous people post here, as can be seen by some of the comments in this very thread. It's worrying.

Not murderers here, just aggressive hostile defenders!

I would never shoot a Census worker for doing their job, but, a couple of threads have reported activities of Census workers that would definitely get them shot at my house! People on ATS have reported Census workers violating no trespassing signs, GPS marking front doors, threatening people's wives, and calling the police to try and force people to agree to far more than a questionairre!

Census workers beware, you will get the number of people in my home, maybe even their ages, but do not try to come inside, do not attempt to GPS anything (you don't need too anyway, there are plenty of sites that will do it by address!), and do not attempt to threaten, intimidate, or get more information than the Census was originally slated for!

I promise to not string you up with any messages, I will grind you up and feed you to the wildlife in my area! I hate pesky evidence!

link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

You've got some nasty karma coming your way for saying that.
Im sure I do , I don't care anymore , our goverment took my kid away ....F**k Them.

I am looking forward to replys....I may learn something....I do everyday here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

At the very least, I'd say it's quite possible that one of those "teabagger" morons could have been behind this.

I was thinking the very same thing, people actually gloating over this innocent man's murder? There are some here who see the murderer as a hero. Choose your friends carefully.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I bet you'd be singing an entirely different tune if this happened to someone you know and love. People like you scare the crap out of me.

People like you are the reason I pulled a complete 180 on my support for a revolution. People like you don't value human life and think the ends justify the means.

All your points about all the other people who have died during these times as just "doing their job" are completely hypocritical. They didn't deserve to die and neither did this guy.

I'm so angry with the tone of your post I really can't express it adequately. If these are the kinds of people that I am now associated with on ATS, I have a sound mind to rethink my association.

edit to add:

Were in a mess folks, probably won't be fixed till Jesus shows up

Now you've really got me riled. I am not a Christian, but I believe in the ways of Christ and you are the anti-thesis to those ways. I can't believe you can condone killing INNOCENTS and then turn around and invoke Christ! Shameful...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I doubt it . He was just in the wrong place waving the wrong flag. I have been theatend with being shot just for asking permission to go on private land just for rock collecting.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join