It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census worker hanged with 'Fed" on his body

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Seems to me he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, prolly stumbled onto someone doing something they wanted to be low key, and felt he was a threat due to his position as a worker for the federal govt.

Prolly more a case of mistaking him as someone with more power than the door to door census worker but it does sent a clear message to DC saying "Don't come 'round here no more"

Of course just my $0.02...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

It may very well have been a warning.

But the FBI will not let this go.

There will be agents out there pretty quick. If necessary they will come out in force.

This could escalate into something very violent.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

"Our job is to determine if there was foul play involved — and that's part of the investigation — and if there was foul play involved, whether that is related to his employment as a census worker,"

I'm sorry....no offense to any LEOs....but they need to figure out if FOUL PLAY was involved in the case of someone hanged in a cemetery with 'FED' scratched into their chest?

Are these the guys we are worried about being able to 'read us like a book?'

Textbook Manson stuff here. Of course, we all remember that Manson was trying real hard to start a race war. He was intentionally trying to get his crimes blamed on someone else. Three donuts this is the same deal.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is just disgusting
People have a right to say what they want about the government but this was just somebody doing their job in hard times. Just disgusting

To some of the members saying "this should be a warning" shame on you. This wasnt a warning, this was a souless killing and yes if the police prove this to be the reasoning of the man being killed for working for the government, it is in part to blame for those calling out violence.

Some parts of the country dont welcome federal workers? Its a free country, some parts of the country will just have to deal with that freedom. Americans have the right to go where they choose. If its on you property, by all means tell them to leave, but you have no right dictating to somebody else where they can and cannot do. Its rather ironic, you get killed and your unwelcomed merely for you who you work for yet these same idiots are more than happy to cry about dangers of "their freedoms" because of the government. What hypocrisy.

I hope they find this killer.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I do think that all the members of ATS appreciate the gravity of the situation. They are just adding information about the area and how the locals may respond.

I didn't get the impression that they supported killing.

It is sad when some underpaid worker gets killed just for trying to do his job and make a buck.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Wildbob77]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Worth noting, the authors of the original article have released another article, rewritten with the same title, which makes an attempt at tying in Oklahoma City Bombings and town hall meetings to this incident...

The most deadly attack on federal workers came in 1995 when the federal building in Oklahoma City was devastated by a truck bomb, killing 168 and injuring more than 680. Tim McVeigh, who was executed for the bombing, carried literature by modern, ultra-right-wing anti-government authors.

"Even as illustrated in town hall meetings today, there is a distinct hostility in a large segment of the population toward people who work for their government," Ruch said.

Source

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

damn right bob! who ever did this knows their coming. for warned is for armed.of course the actions of who ever did this to another human being is exceedingly immoral and unjust. yet the acts of this govt, on the citizens of this," OUR country" amount to no less than acts of war.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
All I have to say is this. When you lynch somebody, you are making a statement. There are more efficient ways of doing things if your only intent is to kill. Whoever killed this Census worker wanted to send a message.

I condemn to Hell anybody who thinks that this was an act of "patriotism," "constitutionalism," or whatever the hell you call your twisted ideologies.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
It is sad

Its sad that conservatives and the extreme right feel they are the only ones who can dictate where americans can go in this nation, while working their mouths off regarding their "endangered freedoms".

Killers. There is no acception.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

I condemn to Hell anybody who thinks that this was an act of "patriotism," "constitutionalism," or whatever the hell you call your twisted ideologies.
although i agree w/ the point of this statement.
you sir, sit in judgement of nothing.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is very sad and very wrong.

There are implications that in the past census has been used for sinister purposes and battleplans. The misuse of census information has even been spoken of in scriptures.

The thing is, these people coming to your door have no idea what the big picture might be nor what may become of the information.

They believe they are doing an honest job for honest wages. They are not to be faulted. Just like you and me, they have families to take care of and need work.

This is a sad and tragic event. My condolences to this poor man's family.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

Originally posted by DraconianKing
This is what happens when people like Michele Bachmann start scaring religious right wing crazies with lies about the census and other things. These crazies believe those lies and go out and kill innocent people. What is the right wing death count at now?

Do us all a favor and take your liberal drivel and accusations somewhere else. A man was hung with the word FED on his chest and you just start telling everyone it was some "crazy right winger"?

Show us your facts. Give us some evidence that it wasn't just a guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. For all we know, it was actually a federal agent that got caught by some bad guys doing his job and paid the price.

Talk about "crazy"...

I am not saying he is right or wrong but to get so defensive is to pretend there is no precedent for this.George Tiller Killed: Abortion Doctor Shot At Church

Guess who kept writing articles and saying on television that this man should be killed to stop him from performing any more late term abortions?

and then there are these kinds of people Security guard killed in shooting at Holocaust Memorial Museum

and speaking of crazy Serial Killer Ted Bundy

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Lillydale]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
If this man was murdered then the person or persons who did him in are going to have a nasty surprise. When they FBI look into the GPS tracks of his computer it will likely point a bee line back to the person's house.

The fact that they found the man's Census computer was very surprising to me since anyone that had half a brain must realize that it was recording the Census taker's movements during his entire work day and is downloaded each day. Perhaps they had the foresight to remove the machine's memory card but I doubt because if they had thought of this they most likely would have just torched the entire unit.

That is assuming that the GPS system is constantly recording its own position, which I doubt it is.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Looks like things are starting to get violent. People are going to start losing their heads in the very near future. It is a very fragile environment we're in today. Tread carefully friends.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

Originally posted by DraconianKing
This is what happens when people like Michele Bachmann start scaring religious right wing crazies with lies about the census and other things. These crazies believe those lies and go out and kill innocent people. What is the right wing death count at now?

Do us all a favor and take your liberal drivel and accusations somewhere else. A man was hung with the word FED on his chest and you just start telling everyone it was some "crazy right winger"?

Show us your facts. Give us some evidence that it wasn't just a guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. For all we know, it was actually a federal agent that got caught by some bad guys doing his job and paid the price.

Talk about "crazy"...

Be that as it may...my first thought was some of the rhetoric I have seen on this very site...right-wingers going on about the census workers and their GPS data collection. I'm not a bit surprised.

Fact is...you lie with dogs, you get fleas...don't be getting too offended by the conclusions drawn. It's the natural succession to the hatred being spewed out there.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I understand what you are saying, but I am letting people know a bit more about this area. There are not many jobs in that area and the people substance farm. Most of the counties in that part of KY are dry counties, but there are several moonshiners still today. There is coal mining in Bell County, not sure about Clay County because of the Daniel Boone National Forest.

They are for the most part, people that take care of themselves and families and friends as they can. Outsiders are not particularly welcome, especially "rich people". There is long resentment towards government people.

History books do not mention it today, but there are some old timers still around that can tell you about how the coal companies stole lots of land from people by tricking them into mineral rights contracts and had the federal government step in and squash an uprising of the people in West Virginia. All people of Appalachia consider themselves to be somewhat connected, especially the coal mining families that were kept in poverty by the mining companies. And families that were displaced when the TVA started their dam projects.

So there is generations of mistrust of the federal government. These people would chuckle at the Tea Parties. Because being sided against by the federal government isn't new to them. Given the political environment of turmoil today, there is elevated distrust in these rural communities. They know of how the government will flex its muscles for control. They have been subjected to it many times in many ways.

So, yes. I say that it was indeed a warning to stay out.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

These people are dangerous, and need to be put down like the dogs they are. If the FBI go in in force then, in this, I support them. The killers are undeserving of our support, understanding, or anything else that would even tenuously connect real patriotism with this crime.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Someone may have thought he was with accorn. He may have been a whistle blower who was on the verge of reporting some corruption. Anything is possible including a false flag.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by eradown]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This reeks of misdirection. Did the FBI just today give the media the green light to air this? This poor guy was found 9/12. Either they've run out of leads to solve the crime or there was no crime and it's being spun anti-anti government.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Of course the bureau is involved. This could potentially be a direct threat towards them. Things can get crazy when the government micromanages peoples lives but hopefully this doesn't turn into a FED killing psychopath.

Or is that what we need, well maybe someone that kills bilderberg members and such?

[edit on 23-9-2009 by N3krostatic]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join