It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Million Spiders Make Golden Silk for Rare Cloth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Really cool but creepy. I'd have nightmares about Mirkwood.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Isn't web like one of the strongest materials on earth, if so it would make that one of the strongest cloths on earth...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
amazing! that is very beutiful, the rug! eerie, but beutiful! thats one big spider!! hmmi wonder if you could erect the spider rug, and run ito for fun, and jsut hang thier like a moth caught in a web

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Quite interesting. I do think I will be staying away from a spider that looks like these guys if I ever come across one.

Such a time consuming process. Much patience it takes to do something like this. Kudos to those who collected the spiders and the silk.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla
Not too soon probably, not on a large scale anyway. It's time and labor intensive, it's hard to find people willing to work with bitey spiders, and the spiders refuse to be "farmed" and battle when kept together.

So in conclusion, never. BUT many corporations are doing things like putting spider dna in cow dna and making spider silk-like threads.... in.... SOME WAY? I have no idea how. I am not a scientist or even a smart guy. I try to be smart but really, I'm just loud lol

This is true, genetic cross-breeding has opened the door for this.

They're also making a cow-man from what I read too. Guess Nightmare Hall in Dulce got bored, huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join