It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown strange handshake in NY 22/9

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm going to have to go out on a limb here and say this video is doctored. I'm going to check into it a little more, but keep watching again for yourself, I think you will see it too.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

Great eyes there!
wow..100% proof.. that stretch of fingers was deliberate and the pressure
So the guy in white hair i think is Mervyn King (Bank of England governor)
does that mean Brown is a master mason? or both of them?

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Doctored how? It's just me filming directly off sky news and rewinding it so that I can zoom in..I can send you the original mp4 if you like it's 65mb or you can try and search sky.com to see if they have the video there.... no additional conspiracy here...

I do think it's slightly possible that it could just be a clumsy hand shake but the pressure that GB put's on the chaps wrist with his camel toe fingers (this is a little more clear in the hi res version) feels a bit too deliberate to me so I am still in the Masonic (or similar) camp for now..

Cheers

B

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I still haven't been able to watch it yet. Anyone with a YT link? Can anyone help?

However from the still that's been posted I don't think it's mervyn King at all. I'd bet this person is from North America. Is this a subordinate shakes superior hand shake? Which is which? If white haired guy is the superior then it's defo not King.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It looks like a rush type mistake... Who is the other person?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sharps

Hi sorry I haven't uploaded it anywhere other then the ATS media area, didn't want to make a big deal of it really just struck me as odd, if I stick it on YT I'll attract the whackos comments which ICBA with..

B

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I know this probably seems silly but...

Any chance it was just an "awkward" handshake because both men were reaching to handshake one another?

I know, I know, silly me, using common sense and logic.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Hi Mr Bob,

The hand shake that you show represents Mr. Browns hand shake, but in the video the older man grabs Mr. Browns thumb in the video for his part of the hand shake. This could mean a Masonic Hand Shake at one of the higher levels than the 32nd degree mason.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
I know this probably seems silly but...

Any chance it was just an "awkward" handshake because both men were reaching to handshake one another?

I know, I know, silly me, using common sense and logic.

There may have been a chance...

If it weren't that the handshake is the same as a master mason's!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

its a master mason handshake. good find!

that was obviously deliberate, he stretched his fingers.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by MR BOB]

But the guy in white did not stretch out his fingers. Is it because he is of higher rank? or lower?

It kind of looks like when a teenager does the "cool guy shake" you know with the thubs only and the old guy doesnt know what to do.
It is a little bit of a weird handshake considering the amount Mr. Brown shakes ahnd with people you think he would not have many massive mistakes like that. If that was just a failed handshake i dont think his fingers would do that.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by badBERTHA
reply to post by sharps

Hi sorry I haven't uploaded it anywhere other then the ATS media area, didn't want to make a big deal of it really just struck me as odd, if I stick it on YT I'll attract the whackos comments which ICBA with..

B

Well somebody has put it up on YouTube. This is good too because more people can see it

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici

Originally posted by RoofMonkey
BTFOOM.

But for the media challenged, here is a still from the OP's vid

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e749aef01f4d.png[/atsimg]

Looks more like it's the forefinger and 2nd finger separation rather than the middle two.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

Not only that but the white hair dude looks like he is grasping Browns thumb in his fist.

Weird

C'mon guys, everyone is getting carried away here.

Its perfectly normal, people do this all the time everywhere.

For those of you who do not know it is a game known as Rock, Paper and Scissors. Oh boy, it looks like wee Gordon lost the match eh

Have a read here on how this works....

www.worldrps.com...

Gordon Brown has the best intentions for me, you and everyone else in the world, he said he saved the world...

Actually it all makes sense now to me. Dont you see, thats why the Bank of England is not bailing out the banks this month, he lost the match!
If its not Mervyn King its probably the man who rigs the election votes and yep you guessed it, thats why he wont win the next one.

(Sarcasm intended)

[edit on 24-9-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Our man Gordon Brown is a mason, and so was the guy he was shaking hands with ... no big news i'm affraid

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Excellent. Did you see the young man approach Gordon (from the top left at about 00:15 seconds) and say something to him? I think it was too short for a name, maybe he just said "to your right" to point out that Gordon should shake hands with him. What is even stranger is that the young man who approached Gordon did not appear to look at the unidentified VIP, he must have known that he was going to be there and said to Gordon that he should look at him. No doubt some cameraman just got fired from his job.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It is a bit eyebrow raising seeing him rush to a guy to shake his hand. There no way he would of meesed up the handshake and just left it, if the guy was so important to push his way to him, he would of made the effort of shaking his hand properly.

How they shook hands was done with ALOT of confidence,
like they were meant to shake hands like they did.

Gordon isnt the type to make mistakes ...
*Tries to hold in laughter*

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Broox

That is a good opinion but I think it is pretty hard to doctor video.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Interesting!
I have just sent 2 screen caps of this vid to a member of my family who is a 3rd degree master mason (highest English mason) to see what he thinks.
I guess as Brown is Scottish he will belong to the Scottish rite, which I believe has 33 degrees. I will let you know when I get a reply

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoofMonkey
Looks more like it's the forefinger and 2nd finger separation rather than the middle two.

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
It sort of looked like he was going for a normal handshake, but the white haired guy went for more cool style shake haha.

That's EXACTLY what happened. Two people going for two different "styles" of handshake and the result is the awkward handshake you see. Watch the video again with that in mind.

Stars for you two for thinking logically and using a bit of skepticism to balance the "desire to believe".

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's EXACTLY what happened. Two people going for two different "styles" of handshake and the result is the awkward handshake you see. Watch the video again with that in mind.

I believe this to me HALF right. The man with white hair knew where he was and that it was just a friendly encounter with a fellow mason and felt no need for a secret handshake so he went for whatever type of retard handshake that was.

Brown is a simpleton and was like "oo a fellow Mason" and he went all out with the official Master Mason shake.

Brown is not a sharp guy. He made a speech where he said New World order fifty times. Most other politicians are subtle just sneaking it itno speeches and Obama just says "world order" skipping the "new" part. Brown is a goof and when he is told to make a speech and to signal to the controllers that he is on board he goes all out.

This handshake was another example of him going all out. The powers that be probably facepalm when they see Gordon do this amateur stuff.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

You could very well be correct - GB isn't exactly known for his finesse, he's also blind in one eye and not the best on the other so he could have simply missed his target...like I say `i don't know diddly about masons which is why I punted it on here for the collective knowledge of my fellow ATSers.. happy to accept the best reasoned suggestion whatever that may be... but let's face it would anyone really be shocked if everyone in that room spent there weekends with their trouser legs up while straddling a goat? Not me

cheers

B

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join