It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: G-20 Pittsburgh Protest Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

The link below is to several emerging videos. The People at that site did a good job compiling several Youtube videos.... They are already beginning peaceful protests. No problems yet. I guess time will tell, if they'll remain tranquil. I have no doubt there will be provocateurs set in place to interact violently........ gets everyone ran off.

dprogram.net...

Peace,

Sancho

[edit on 23-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thanks Sancho. I was looking for these. You got some good eyes for an old man.

I hope everything stays cool out there. Gettin' down to the wire.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Er, You remind me my b day is coming up..... somewhere it changed from "yeah, it's my bday" to "grog, it's another year gone by"

I guess it's around that time for You too
Happy B-day

Regarding the vids??? I'm stoked; I hope the protests work well, and the Elite get a little more uncomfortable...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I have to be honest that I AM a little concerned. The tea party express seemed to work out ok, but historically, the G-20 brings out a younger, more opinionated and expressive crowd.

Images of the UK's last one dance around in my head, but the UK has a long way to go before it can catch up with the potential for brutality and oppressiveness of the US goons.

The gubment goons seem to really have their stuff planned out. I hope everyone plays it cool and that a very clear message is sent to those trying to decide how to spend the 'interest income' that we have been reduced to as humans.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Warren has some more video going here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pittsburgh businesses are boarding up their storefronts in anticipation of trouble. I wonder how much money will be lost by these businesses by the time the summit is over. Of course, Pittsburgh will bear the additional cost of street cleanup in addition to all of the other costs that they are already covering.

kdka.com...

Personally, the protesters can march all they want until they cross the line and start damaging private property and subsequently put the local residents at risk of injury. If I'm a store/business owner, that's when the 12 ga. comes out and does the talking for me.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thank you! Very good topic to follow.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I live in dt Pittsburgh on the North Shore. I'm heading downtown tomorrow with a friend to get pics and vids to share.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenj65742
I live in dt Pittsburgh on the North Shore. I'm heading downtown tomorrow with a friend to get pics and vids to share.

Keep us posted. I live in the West End but can't go to see any of the action.
Good luck and be careful.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hey Sancho,pigpen,when are you guys birthdays? Mine is the 24th (tomorrow) I turn 50
I'm not ready to sling out my AARP card!
nooOOO, Im too young for diapers! I wish I could be in Pittsburgh
giving the G20 heck but my body can;t afford no more abuse. I
have a dear friend from there who I pray have the good sense to
stay clear from all the "festivities", her idea of protest would be to
run naked though the crowd.
Anyhooo, I'll be praying for those
who choose to dissent and for all the locals who are getting screwed
so many ways.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

This one disgusted me. This was a peaceful protest as far as I could see, the police went ahead and tear gassed the crowd hitting a reporter indiscriminately with the gas as well. Listen to the video, the police said that they had determined that it was an illegal protest. (read: they desided to be judge jury and exicutioner.

"By order of the city of Pittsburgh police. I hereby declare this to be an unlawful assembly. I order all those assembled to immediately disperse. You must leave the immediate vicinity. If you rem..." (the audio cuts off there and the scene continues with the reporter coughing and really in need of medical attention.)

The above statement was a clear violation of the first amendment of the United States Constitution.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The police chose instead to commit (in my opinion) several dozen instances of attempted murder by use of a chemical agent.

Montreal medical team exposes documents on tear gas danger

Tear Gas: Harassing Agent or Toxic Chemical Weapon?

Although described as a non-lethal weapon for crowd control, many studies have raised doubts about this classification. As well as creating severe pulmonary damage, CS can also significantly damage the heart and liver.[9]

On September 28, 2000, Prof. Dr. Uwe Heinrich released a study commissioned by John C. Danforth, of the United States Office of Special Counsel, to investigate the use of CS by the FBI at the Branch Davidians' Mount Carmel compound. He concluded that the lethality of CS used would have been determined mainly by two factors: whether gas masks were used and whether the occupants were trapped in a room. He suggests that if no gas masks were used and the occupants were trapped, then, "...there is a distinct possibility that this kind of CS exposure can significantly contribute to or even cause lethal effects."[1]

Many reports have associated CS exposure with miscarriages.[9] This is consistent with its reported clastogenic effect (abnormal chromosome change) on mammalian cells.

When CS is metabolized, cyanide can be detected in human tissue.[9] According to the United States Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine, CS emits "very toxic fumes" when heated to decomposition, and at specified concentrations CS gas is an immediate danger to life and health. They also state that those exposed to CS gas should seek medical attention immediately.[2]

Source: CS Gas Toxicity

I am sure that there are several federal anti terrorism laws as well as state and city statutes against using a known harmful chemical weapon against a civilian population. I am also certain that there are numerous international human rights laws that would be violated if such a person were inclined to research them.

Walking with a sign down a street is not a cause to use chemical restraints against a crowd. From the activity of the reporter he was in no danger from the crowd nor was the crowd any direct threat to the police force in place.

To me the police acted in a cruel and inhumane manner violating not only one of our most precious rights in this country, but needlessly endangering the lives of peaceful protesters. If the police felt that the protesters were in fact violating some law in Pittsburgh, they should have been arrested and then had the opportunity to stand trial for the crimes they were accused of. Instead the police took it upon themselves to convict and sentence these citizens without a trial. Their punishment was a lungful of a known lethal chemical agent.

The act of which if done by any civilian would have that civilian brought up on terrorism charges. Here we have uniformed and sworn protectors of the peace using a tactic that would have anyone else jailed if not executed for crimes against the state. For the crime of exercising these peoples first amendment right to peacefully assemble and protest.

Why is it that TEA party protesters can assemble and protest higher taxes, why is it that Nazi and Klu Klux Klan members can protest, Why is it that everyone except those that are the peasantry can protest?

It is a god given right in this country to go where you will and say what you will, if you have a problem with the government it is your duty to protest against it.

I believe in these protests. I believe in all of them. Because without our right to peacefully protest our grievances against what we feel is wrong we have no freedom. This is the freedom the Pittsburgh police decided to violently take away.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
He had it coming. If you were to listen to the audio recording (the complete one that I listened to on a podcast) you can hear the robotic voice warn all protesters who refuse to leave the area that police action will ensue and anti-riot agents along with less-than-lethal weapons were going to be used on those who didn't leave. The police chief declared it an unlawful gathering, its perfectly legal, they're called riots and you can use the same excuse when it looks like it could unfold into a riot. That CNN reporter should've taken a hint, leave the area or the police will force you out.

join