It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama "Calls Out' Israel in Front of UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Obama: U.S. Does Not Recognize 'Legitimacy of Continued Israeli Settlements'

In declaring that it is time for Middle East peace "without preconditions," President Obama used his speech to the U.N. General Assembly Wednesday to fire a warning at Israel that "America does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements."

Ok...good so far....

"The United States does Israel no favors when we fail to couple an unwavering commitment to its security with an insistence that Israel respect the legitimate claims and rights of the Palestinians. And nations within this body do the Palestinians no favors when they choose vitriolic attacks over a constructive willingness to recognize Israel's legitimacy, and its right to exist in peace and security," he said.

A bit distorted, Mr. President...did you actually SAY anything here? Are we playing both sides of this fence too?

"The people of the world want change," he said, noting that "just as no nation should be forced to accept the tyranny of another nation, no individual should be forced to accept the tyranny of their own government."

Ok...now this part is simply BS. I'm calling it on this one. Does this apply to YOUR nation too, Mr. President?

Ok...after eating that crap sandwich, we should wash it down with something.

Obama said he's led by example by prohibiting torture of detainees and ordering the closure of the military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. He added that he is committed to removing all U.S. troops from Iraq by 2011 and is working to reach the goal of "a world without nuclear weapons."

Uh....really? REALLY?

Does the UN believe this stuff?

Can anyone tell me what this guy is doing?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

Can anyone tell me what this guy is doing?

I wish I knew lol, i really do.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Obama is a worthless pile of crap. How do you sell out one of your allies in front of the UN? There is about a million ways to handle this better between the US and Israel.

Obama is the worst president we have ever had in my lifetime,and I was around for Carter. He is like all of the worst of each president rolled into one giant pile of s...
1. He has Carters indecisiveness and weakness.
2. He has Reagan overspending
3. He has Bush Sr's wimpy demeanor
4. He has Clintons lying out of his ass
5. He has Bush Jr's overspending and forcing through his agenda at any cost.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

Why can't he just say what's real. Everything has to be masked by fancy wording and telling everyone what's wrong in the world.

Why don't you just be real and say what you're going to do and why. Obama is a such a pussy.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
He is like all of the worst of each president rolled into one giant pile of s...
1. He has Carters indecisiveness and weakness.
2. He has Reagan overspending
3. He has Bush Sr's wimpy demeanor
4. He has Clintons lying out of his ass
5. He has Bush Jr's overspending and forcing through his agenda at any cost.

Now I thought those aspects were the better aspects of those former presidents! (If you want me to list the aspects of those former presidents that were even worse...)

Which, by that logic would make Obama the Super President with 5x the presidential qualities of any former president.

Well, I applaud Obama for "calling out" Israel on the Palestinian issue. I would have wished he had the mettle to actually back up that rhetoric with insinuated threats, or at least an offer to mediate initial Peace Talks.

However, I have to boo Obama for saying that he is closing Gitmo. I think it should be closed, and should have been closed his very first day in office. Considering he made it one of the cornerstones of his presidential campaign, many were expecting such. However, he has done little to close it...and that doesn't look like changing any time soon. Therefore, his rhetoric is not only empty but spun in such a way to be more distruth than truth.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

In declaring that it is time for Middle East peace "without preconditions," President Obama used his speech to the U.N. General Assembly Wednesday to fire a warning at Israel that "America does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements."

Translation: Oh shoot, Abbas is staring at me... what do I say? what do I say!?!?!

"The United States does Israel no favors when we fail to couple an unwavering commitment to its security with an insistence that Israel respect the legitimate claims and rights of the Palestinians. And nations within this body do the Palestinians no favors when they choose vitriolic attacks over a constructive willingness to recognize Israel's legitimacy, and its right to exist in peace and security," he said.

Translation: Crap and hell! Crap and hell! Netanyahu just gave me the eyeball... speechifying skills don't fail me now!

"The people of the world want change," he said, noting that "just as no nation should be forced to accept the tyranny of another nation, no individual should be forced to accept the tyranny of their own government."

Dammit! Now both of them are drilling holes into my forehead and I've got Suleiman and half of the North African dignitaries frowning at me... what to do, what to do?

Obama said he's led by example by prohibiting torture of detainees and ordering the closure of the military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. He added that he is committed to removing all U.S. troops from Iraq by 2011 and is working to reach the goal of "a world without nuclear weapons."

Translation: HA! At least I know the American people aren't paying attention, so I can burn a couple minutes with this manure.

FYI, the entire transcript of all of Obabblema's speech can be found here:
www.cfr.org...

I suggest reading it with a bottle of Pepto in one hand and a strong pot of coffee ready near the other.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I must be the only one on ATS that gets what Obama is trying to do. Everyone else seems to think he is talking in circles, or not saying anything. I think he is saying everything.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I agree with Obama.

I'm a strong supporter of Israel but the settlements in Palestinian territory have got to stop.

The Zionists in Israel believe they have a God-given right to inhabit territories that belong to other people but not everyone in Israel agrees with that either.

There can be no peace as long as Israel violates the land agreements they have reached with the Palestinians.

That said, at the same time I would definitely defend Israel against enemies like Iran.

So I agree with Obama on both points--support of Israel against her enemies but also insistence that she withdraw the settlements on land that does not belong to her.

"Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." There is nothing weak in affirming both objectives.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
A simple
"Im only a president because im (kinda) black, and it makes people think theres change and the world is finally a fair place, and as president i can say and do what i want, all i have to do is say stuff but not actually say anything to keep people happy. Ill also bend over for Israel to do me up the bum" would do

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thanks KS, This article below might have something to do with it. A lot of tension is brewing out there.
S&F

Binyamin Netanyahu humiliates Barack Obama
www.redress.cc...

Uri Avnery views the outcome of the mini-summit between Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas, hosted by US President Barack Obama. “We witnessed a humbling demonstration of weakness. After Obama was compelled to give up his demand for a settlement freeze, the meeting no longer had any content.”

“Netanyahu has won, and in a big way. Not only did [Netanyahu] survive, not only has he shown that he is no “sucker” … he has proven to his people – and to the public at large – that there is nothing to fear: Obama is nothing but a paper tiger. The settlements can go on expanding without hindrance. Any negotiations that start, if they start at all, can go on until the coming of the Messiah. Nothing will come out of them.”

No point denying it: in the first round of the match between Barack Obama and Binyamin Netanyahu, Obama was beaten.

Obama had demanded a freeze of all settlement activity, including East Jerusalem, as a condition for convening a tripartite summit meeting, in the wake of which accelerated peace negotiations were to start, leading to peace between two states – Israel and Palestine.

In the words of the ancient proverb, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Netanyahu has tripped Obama on his first step. The president of the United States has stumbled.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Wow, I don't know whether to laugh or to cry after reading that. It's hilarious on one hand because it is a pretty good sampling of just how impotent Obama is, but on the other hand it is shamefull and greivous to see the supposed leader of America embarass us like that on the national stage. It's not good, I tell you.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs
Why don't you just be real and say what you're going to do and why. Obama is a such a pussy.

Ever hear of diplomacy?

Noone can ever EVER say exactly what they feel without causing an international incident. It all has to be worded in a powerful and clear sense because it is used as a form of international legal tender.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Sure, I understand where Your coming from. I know at Our level of functioning as everyday People it is imperative to function somewhat within the system...big "somewhat".

Any ways, long ago for all intensive purposes I quit believing in the transparent modern World.. Imho it is really ruled by secret governments; which are ruled by power broker's; who in turn most can trace their lineages back to the different famous empires throughout history.

So, back to the "normal" transparent World normally seen, it basically breaks down into like "movie trailers", or "behind the scenes" of what is really going on. However, in this movie it will never be open to the public to watch.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
not DIRECTLY related, but new thread can be started with what little i remember off hand.... in one of the books of the bible i think its daniel, that Judah (gaza) will be delivered into the hands of the enemies of the jews during the final weeks. maybe inaccurate as i am no bible scholar, but i do remember something to that effect being written/foretold/prophesised*SP* somewhere in the bible... im not screaming TEOTWAWKI but hey, anything is possible from 2012 all the way to JESUS coming back... even though he said himself that he is not.... (christians read the book of john carefully)

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think President Obama has guts for taking such a stand.

I think President Obama is working a plan. Change takes time; corruption that has been built over the past century cannot be changed in 6 months.

It's time USA quit cowtowing to a certain other nation because of the religious bs.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You can't spend 20 years in Reverend Wright's church and not have some anti-semitism rub off on you.

Another one of Obama's buddies would be so proud......Louis Farakhan.

"Judge me by the people who surround me." Mr. Obama

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Obama, Obama, Obama. What the crap is going on in my country these days? I am at a loss for words about what took place today at the UN.

The United States looks foolish with this guy in charge. Can we re-vote or get a do-over on the election please? Gonna be a long 4years for us I am affraid. Damn.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
WHat I do not get is how we jumped on everyone's case, but when Iran went up to speak, we walked out.

WTF is that?

If you can dish it, you can take it.

top topics

join