It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran loses its only AWACS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You're preaching to the choir.

The New Great Game

AND...

Iranian revolt Explained - Wake Up!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
GO ISRAEL SCORE!!

IRAN PULLED THEIR GOALIE!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The president of Iran was trying to demonstrate how powerful he is to his people and it kind of backfired.

I have a low opinion of him because so many of the young people want a representative government and he stold the election.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Apparently, the Iranians used F-14's in the Iran-Iraq war as AWACS and I would imagine that they might have a few other such planes at the ready. They do have a small inventory of P3 Orion's which, at a stretch, can become AWACS with modifications.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
stumason is correct, the Iranians use F-14s as an improvized mini-awac, given the tomcat's very long radar range. It seems likely the Russians are helping in keeping them airworthy.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Yeah, you should go lead the charge.

What did they do to you again?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If it was an accident, the Iranians will think it an act of God.

Of course Isreal or America could have used one of there electro magnetic weapons to influence the controls in the AWAC/fighter to create the crash.

Either way, scary warning for Iran.

Interesting timing with the discovery of the 'secret' nucleur facility in the mountain.

As much as i believe in coincidences and morphic resonance, the timing and nature of this incident sways me towards the emergence of a new type of warfare and i think the crash was no accident.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

There is always the possibility that they have five more of them in hangars somewhere, and intentionally did this to feign weakness in the hopes that Israel (or the U.S.) would use this opportunity to attack.

AEW&C aircraft are generally extremely to design, build, and operate. They do not just pop up out of the ground - but require many years to design, and build, and need a heap of money to procure.

How the hell does a fighter hit a freakin' AWACS, during a demo flight yet?

Accidents happen. They happen to the US occasionally too. The correct terminology would be AEW&C. Also, an AEW&C aircraft is no 4th grade science project...

However, in any case an AEW&C aircraft is not flying constantly, if Israel wanted to bomb them then they could do it when the aircraft is not flying, but then they would have to face Irans IADS (Probably leaning to federated rather than integrated). AN F-14s use as an AEW&C aircraft is extremely limited by virtue of the relatively short ranged radar, and lack of data-links as well as crew. In any case, if the United States wanted to bomb Iran, then it is unlikely they would have a significant problem. The USAF has no peers, not even close. I don't think the main issue would be getting bombs on target, but rather doing significant damage to the hardened facilities, and also Irans counter attack.

[edit on 27/9/2009 by C0bzz]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join