It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Reject Attempt at Greater Transparency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Senate Finance Committee Democrats have rejected a GOP amendment that would have required a health overhaul bill to be available online for 72 hours before the committee votes.

Republicans argued that transparency is an Obama administration goal. They also noted that their constituents are demanding that they read bills before voting.

Democrats said it was a delay tactic that could have postponed a vote for weeks.

Source

So much for transparency.

The Dems claim that this bill would delay a vote for 2-3 weeks, that's a bad thing?

Something that might change the lives of every American cannot be delayed for a couple of weeks?

H.Res.554 - Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require that legislation and conference reports be available on the Internet for 72 hours before consideration by the House, and for other purposes.

OpenCongress

[edit on 23-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Leads to the question of what is it that they are hiding by doing this. What is it that they are fearing from the public? Kind of reeks, and when I heard about this, looks like another letter to my senators and represenatitive on this.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Judging by the public's reaction to the early attempts at health-care reform, they're afraid that retarded people are going to flood into the town halls and scream about death panels.

I would be afraid to tell the American public the truth, too. Americans are idiots. Most Americans can't even name the three branches of government.

Would you want to talk politics with people who don't even know what the three branches of government are? I wouldn't...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Kaytagg]

new topics

join