It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mafia crocodile' seized in Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
-Note to mods-not sure where this belongs-didn't see a section that is clear cut for organized crime. Feel free to move

From BBC:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Seems the police in Italy have taken into custody a crocodile used by a suspected mafia boss to intimidate people into paying him.

It is ~5.5 feet long and weighs 88lbs.

Interestingly enough, it was found during a weapons raid, where no weapons were found.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Interestingly enough, it was found during a weapons raid, where no weapons were found.

Unless you consider a "crocodile" a weapon?!?!?!

I have to say, it would scare the **** out of me! A friend of mine had a little 10 inch baby one, and it would bite through sticks, and pencils in one chomp!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Unless you consider a "crocodile" a weapon?!?!?!

I have to say, it would scare the **** out of me! A friend of mine had a little 10 inch baby one, and it would bite through sticks, and pencils in one chomp!

Thats exactly what i thought-that they'd charge him with using the crocodile as a weapon of some sort. But, at least according to the article, he is only going to get tagged with Unlawful ownership of an animal or something of that nature.

new topics

join