It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mafia crocodile' seized in Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
-Note to mods-not sure where this belongs-didn't see a section that is clear cut for organized crime. Feel free to move

From BBC:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Seems the police in Italy have taken into custody a crocodile used by a suspected mafia boss to intimidate people into paying him.

It is ~5.5 feet long and weighs 88lbs.

Interestingly enough, it was found during a weapons raid, where no weapons were found.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Interestingly enough, it was found during a weapons raid, where no weapons were found.

Unless you consider a "crocodile" a weapon?!?!?!

I have to say, it would scare the **** out of me! A friend of mine had a little 10 inch baby one, and it would bite through sticks, and pencils in one chomp!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Unless you consider a "crocodile" a weapon?!?!?!

I have to say, it would scare the **** out of me! A friend of mine had a little 10 inch baby one, and it would bite through sticks, and pencils in one chomp!

Thats exactly what i thought-that they'd charge him with using the crocodile as a weapon of some sort. But, at least according to the article, he is only going to get tagged with Unlawful ownership of an animal or something of that nature.

join