It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Battles In Earth Orbit!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The Gentlemen who took these videos is making some huge assumptions. All we know is that those are points of light.

Ok now that being said I've used some high end night vision gear when I was in the USN and I have a small hand held at home. I've seen all kinds of objects some I could identify others not. It does appear that there is alot of "activity" in the video and it should warrent more investigation but to say battles are going on is to great a leap for me.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If indeed this war is going on in our area, I have to wonder (a) why no one on the space station has seen anything and (b) why the Hubble telescope or Kepler hasn't picked up any of this... Kepler is designed to seek out potential habitable planets in other galaxies, it should be able to take notice of what's going on in our own...

www.kepler.arc.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

edit: sp

[edit on 23-9-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
explosions is space eh?
hmmm must be pretty tight seeming how theirs no oxygen to fuel a flame...
I bet thats quite a sight.

Conventional explosives are a chemical reaction. Part of the chemical makeup is an oxidizer so air is never needed. Same as a rocket engine. They don't just fizzle out when they hit space.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
For tgose of you looking to get some NV gear, I am also in the market and found these to be the best so far:

Digital NV Ranger 5x42 by Yukon $399 bones and you get gen 1+ digital monocular, you can hook this up to a tv or camcorder to record and post on ATS! Comes with av out and such... This is what ed uses and it has incredibly better accuracy and clarity without that green glow and pixelation. If you want gen II or III expect to pay big bucks.

If anyone has Gen III or higher out there, please post your vids! Thanks and let me know how your potential purchases and results go!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
If there are battles in our outer orbit, surely then there will be pieces of these ships reigning down on us.

Even with much if it burning up in the atmosphere (not likely though since the materials have to withstand space flight and a battle ships supposedly so built stronger) there would still be pieces.

I mean the govt is worried about some dumpy satellite reigning pieces on us, well what about a massive star-ship?

this guy is a joke and delusional.

Stuff does fall down on us.

I'm just saying it can and does happen.

Feb 18, 2009 2:40 pm US/Eastern
FAA: Falling Metal Did Not Come From Airplane JERSEY CITY (CBS) ―

The Federal Aviation Administration says a piece of hot metal that crashed through the roof of a Jersey City business did not come from an airplane.

FAA spokeswoman Arlene Salac says investigators examined the metal and determined it is made of cast iron, which is not used in airplanes. She says it's up to local authorities to determine where the object came from.

Owner Al Smith was fork-lifting a sofa onto a wooden storage platform around 10 a.m. at his moving company when he heard a sound he thought was a bomb.

A piece of warm metal the size of a brick came crashing through the roof just steps from where he was standing. It splintered a wooden beam and crashed into a shelf.

Smith tells WCBS radio that no one was injured. He plans buy a lottery ticket, saying it's his lucky day.

He says the metal is about the size of a brick and came crashing through the roof around 10 a.m.

Officials at the scene also confirmed to WCBS radio that the metal was too hot to touch for about 30 minutes after crashing through the roof.

wcbstv.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
it's very sad to hear that there is also conflict in space with other beings.
one would think that at 'that' level, civilization would be well healed, but i guess not.

maybe that's something to learn too. not only are the creatures of this planet as far depth as our oceans can be harbor life that is almost unbelievable, but that war is a naturally occurring element.

i was hoping for something more out there...

sometimes i wish we were born 5000 years into the future, but i guess it doesn't really matter.

tanks for the post OP. your posts are have integrity.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What I want to know is, Is there a difference between Night Vision and Infrared??

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
You need a very expensive generation 3 or better NV scope to be able to see the UFOs with any real clarity. These start off on sale around 2500 US. It's just a lot more money than most people can or will spend.

The other issue is that our current methods of searching for decent UFO footage are like searching for a needle in a haystack. People just kind of hope they'll see a UFO and have a camera ready which results in a lot of really horrible cellphone footage. Even when people have a decent camera on hand it seems like tripods or at least something solid to stabilize the camera is non existent.

What we need is to have several cameras set up on tripods, aimed at the sky and connected to computers with web streaming and DVR functionality (some of the motion capture software out there would be nice too).

If we had a few viewing stations up and going 24/7 across the US or even the World the odds of capturing decent footage would go up dramatically.

That would be a great project for ATS, especially if they can find a sponsor for it. Set up a dozen or so ATS UFO cams and stream them on the website.

I have my own almost ready to set up - it consists of a night vision camera with a wide view of thy sky mounted on a simple telescope w/ a CCD on the viewer. I can aim the scope / camera anywhere using a bluetooth connection to my PC and I get a live chart of any astronomical objects and satellites as a bonus. Of course, my cameras are Gen 1 night vision so I probably won't capture any of the high orbit objects like Ed gets but my setup cost all of 300 bucks total. Eventually if I can afford it I'll add a true NV Gen3 or 4 scope to the array.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
What I want to know is, Is there a difference between Night Vision and Infrared??

What kind of infrared?

Night vision equipment like the type that Ed is using is image intensifier based. It is sensitive to some degree across the entire visible spectrum and into the near infrared spectrum.

Thermal infrared imagers that can see heat from relatively cool objects such as animals, dirt, snow, etc. are sensitive in the far infrared part of the spectrum only.

Some camcorders that have a night shot mode are sensitive across the entire visible spectrum and into the near infrared part of the spectrum in a similar fashion to image intensifiers but are much less sensitive and have lower resolution. In fact they are less sensitive overall than the human eye and use powerful near infrared LED lights to illuminate nearby objects in order to be able to image them.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Ya, I've got a little system for looking around too.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Night vision amplifies existing light such as starlight or the moon and can be used without an IR light source. They can see IR light sources due to the sensitivity, however.
They have a very expensive "chip" inside which is sensitive to and amplifies any source of light. Night scopes of low quality or older generations could be damaged by exposing them to bright light - the newer gear has automatic protection. The higher the generation the newer the light gathering chip is and the better quality of image the scope can provide. Military night vision gear will always be at least one generation above the consumer models and are controlled a/f/a who can buy them and where they can be exported. All US made NV gear is ITAR registered meaning it cannot be exported to a specific list of countries or cannot be exported outside the US at all.

Security cameras and camcorders with "night mode" are IR sensitive and use an IR light source to illuminate the area being filmed. These types are limited in range to the distance the IR light projects. They can "see" light sources far away which are projecting in the IR frequency so if a UFO projects IR light even one of these cameras will be able to record it.

The short answer: What's the difference? About 2400 Dollars US.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

They have a very expensive "chip" inside which is sensitive to and amplifies any source of light.

Not a chip. It uses an image intensifier tube.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Military night vision gear will always be at least one generation above the consumer models and are controlled a/f/a who can buy them and where they can be exported.

Last I heard PVS7s where still the standard mil issue units and they are currently available to consumers in the US.

Edit for typo

[edit on 24-9-2009 by dainoyfb]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
it's very sad to hear that there is also conflict in space with other beings.
one would think that at 'that' level, civilization would be well healed, but i guess not.

maybe that's something to learn too. not only are the creatures of this planet as far depth as our oceans can be harbor life that is almost unbelievable, but that war is a naturally occurring element.

i was hoping for something more out there...

sometimes i wish we were born 5000 years into the future, but i guess it doesn't really matter.

tanks for the post OP. your posts are have integrity.

The current theory is that what Ed is filming is actually secret Earth technology being used to deter or prevent ETs from entering the Earth's atmosphere.

Other theories are that friendly ETs are guarding the Earth against unfriendly ETs or that our World is a disputed planet among ET factions of some kind.

The other possibility is a little of everything or something even stranger.

The universe is a big place and assuming any ETs with the technical ability to travel between planets would be tree hugging "space brothers" seems a bit naive to me especially if you take into account the supposed animal and human mutilation cases, abductions and genetic / breeding experiments. I'm not claiming any of these are true, just that our "history" of interaction with the ETs has been every bit as unstable and violent as our history excluding them.

The top guy from Lockheed said we had the tech to take ET home back in the sixties within our black projects. If we can travel space at our current level of emotional and intellectual evolution it's not much of a surprise to see us shooting at ET or vice versa.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb

They have a very expensive "chip" inside which is sensitive to and amplifies any source of light.

Not a chip. It uses an image intensifier tube.

Hence the quotation marks ("chip") rather than just chip. A highly technical / accurate explanation makes the provider feel good but if no one comprehends it what's the point? Never assume the person reading your writing has a technical background and / or reading comprehension level at or above your own. Aiming for a 6th grade audience is considered the "rule" with most publications and press.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ok, now that your finished insulting the ATS crowd, I find that many on ATS are intellectuals and are looking for facts, not misinformation that is going to embarrass them as well when they re-quote it. And that was after all a technical question, deserving of a technically accurate answer. If they don't understand something then they can ask. At least they should get the truth and work up or down from there.

Edit to add:
Many here are trying to figure out what Ed is using and why he can see things with his tech that others cannot. Chip based imagers are a completely different technology and people are going to feel a little ripped when they find out they have spent a lot of money purchasing the wrong thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Military night vision gear will always be at least one generation above the consumer models and are controlled a/f/a who can buy them and where they can be exported.

Last I heard PVS7s where still the standard mil issue units and they are currently available to consumers in the US.

Edit for typo

Not all military night vision gear can be purchased by civilians. There are quite a few devices limited to mil and LE sales only. Most "standard issue" gear will remain "standard issue" for several years by which time a civilian version will usually be on the market.

AFAIK there is no civilian version of the PSQ-20 yet, a combination FLIR and NV scope:
From Defensetech

The ITT Corp.-built PSQ-20 costs about three times more than the PVS-14, running the Army about $10,000 per optic, so, it's not for everyone. Only select troops such as engineers, military police and unit leaders will be issued the new optic.

In the US, the military actually designates what "generation" manufacturer's products are. Though there are companies marketing gear as being Gen 4 and even 5 there is no certified consumer product above "generation 3". There are a number of military only products which would be G4 or better if and when they are certified for consumer sale. The military uses a different measuring standard based on the lines of resolution vs. the signal to noise ratio called FOM, (figure of merit) which is the true standard used to determine export limitations.

Link to the military certification group: RDECOM

Be sure and check your local laws before buying night vision, California (at one time, not sure if it's still in effect) and a number of other government out of control type countries have made them illegal for civilians to possess.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Good stuff.

I have seen many UFO's in the sky at night and some that seem to be fighting each other.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thanks for posting that "RAW Footage" video. All I can say is

What a joke. It's just some dudes looking at the stars talking about all kinds of objects they are seeing, but the videographer isn't able to capture a single frame of ANYTHING worthwhile. What he does capture on video is a fuzzy green tunnel vision view of the stars, with MAYBE a satellite or two passing through the frame.

In the mean time, these guys are talking about "delta ships" and "squadrons of fighters", and at times almost arguing with each other. The funny part is they aren't capturing ANYTHING on video!!!

I don't want to sound mean or anything, but these guys don't exactly sound very smart either. And that's putting it kindly.

Let's face facts here: The reason these guys don't have any high quality video footage of the UFOs they speak of, is because they aren't seeing any UFOs.

They are out there under the stars making stuff up in some sort of regressive juvenile reenactment of childhood fantasies. If it weren't so funny it would actually be quite depressing.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Ok, now that your finished insulting the ATS crowd, I find that many on ATS are intellectuals and are looking for facts, not misinformation that is going to embarrass them as well when they re-quote it. And that was after all a technical question, deserving of a technically accurate answer. If they don't understand something then they can ask. At least they should get the truth and work up or down from there.

Edit to add:
Many here are trying to figure out what Ed is using and why he can see things with his tech that others cannot. Chip based imagers are a completely different technology and people are going to feel a little ripped when they find out they have spent a lot of money purchasing the wrong thing.

I didn't write a single word accusing ATS of being less technical or literate than the rest of the World so you're completely out of line with that one.

If your goal was to educate people who are not familiar with the technology you failed. If they don't understand the tech they aren't going to understand a bunch of technical terms which are specific to that technology.

The funny thing is, I would never have posted that comment and chose to keep my opinion to myself but you failed to offer me the same courtesy.

Since you're the expert I'll bow out of this and leave you to it. My only advice is that you hold yourself to the same standard you hold others.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join