It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Battles In Earth Orbit!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I enjoyed Mr. Grimsley's video. I'm not a debunker. I wish he would've gone into more detail about "what to look for", as he said [paraphrasing] that once you know what to look for, you'll see the same thing -- battles in space, dozens or more UFOs.

I'm very envious of Ed. At least once a week, and often more, I spend an hour or two with NV hooked up to my camera, with the whole works on a tripod. Where I live, the "seeing" is amazing -- the air is very clear, unless a weather system is in the area as it is now.

I see lots of satellites, most of them identifiable via heaven-above or other tracking sites. Frequently see objects that move very consistently to satellites, however I'm unable to verify them as so. I've yet to see anything that looked unexplainable to me. I believe Mr. Grimsley. I have to guess that perhaps this area is not active, or I just don't have the technique down yet. My NV is only 2nd generation, as that's all that is allowable for companies in the U.S. to export.

I use a camera adapter such that the camera is shooting through the NV scope, and the NV is heavy enough that I've had to fabricate a prop for it that fastens to the tripod. Good quality tripod -- the only one I've ever found that was tall enough that I don't have to hunch over much (Proline).

I'll wander through Ed's works as I find them ..... perhaps he has clues that flesh out his methodology more.

Good thread, interesting. A tad disappointing, but still worthy.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Just got back from the spy shop. they have night vision cameras, binoculars, DVRs etc ranging from $700-$3000. I noticed on the descriptions 1st generation and so on but I know nothing about this stuff to be forking out a lot of cashola. Guess I'll watch the above clip, maybe he says what you need. Also, what magnification?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loOranks

There are Night Vision Cameras made; some of them very expensive. I've not used them, so I can't comment on the quality.

My camera is a decent quality camera, and NV (ATN Nightstorm) a decent scope, so I opted to put them together with an inexpensive adapter.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I 've heard that night-vision glasses are the way to see UFO's , haven't tried it yet since they are so expensive.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

That video of the night vision didn't last but a few seconds and was poor quality. I am not saying that he isn't telling the truth but, he should have many hours of better quality video if he is seeing all of this. A couple of eyewitness testimony gets you nowhere in the UFO business.

Also, someone else said about them having thousands of ships they could just destroy us. I think what Ed is talking about is different species fighting with each other, trying to see who is going to control us.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Thanks much for the video, Ziggy. I can't see anything that looks like shooting from one pixellated glowing blob to another, but I appreciate the effort. Going to the website that was noted in the OP video, see if there's something more.

If that was indicative of his recorded evidence, then Ed has a LOT of work ahead of him to validate his claims. Hopefully, there is better video evidence he has shot and is willing to share.

thanks again

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You know what? He actually does sound like he's telling the truth but like others i'd like to see actual footage of this happening.... would be pretty hard though to get footage as it is happening in Space and we all know there are various Country's with Space programs....

Another thought just occured to me... what about all our Space shuttles? Don't you think they would have been blown to pieces by now? Would have got in the way of a battle?

Another thought though is 'ALL THAT SPACE DEBRIS' the debunkers keep chatting about.... could it be chunks of Space Craft?

Edit: I've just noticed on his site that he has 'night vision goggles for sale' and 'a new video at $24.95' ...... you sure he's not trying to plug his new video?

[edit on 23-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I heard about using night vision and infra-red sensitive CCDs to capture UFO activity a couple of years ago and promptly forgot to do anything about it. I was interested then, and am interested once again, in getting hold of a night vision video camera and having a look for myself. I'm in a good spot for it, with big horizons and very little llight pollution. Also I'm just down the river from the MOD testing facilit at Foulness. I'm sure any UFOs woulod be as anxious as I am to know what they're up to over there!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
his raw video footage of the night vision shots

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am a firm believer in UFO's, even though I have never seen one myself. I just visited Ed's website www.edgrimsley.com and I have to say that I was not impressed at all.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
See this video. Original description:

British EEV P8079 HP Night Vision Periscope, night sky stars and satellite beautiful bit of gear, well hope you enjoy it as much a i enjoyed filming it live.

I haven't watched any video from the OP, just wondered how sky looks like with these night vision periscopes.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wonder if the supposed test NASA had done was related to taking one of these craft out. I also wonder what type of flare or colors of falling debris would tell us about the type of material and metals these crafts or whatever are made of. Satellites have metals like titanium etc.

I wouldn't be at all surpirsed if these falling debris were purposeful as in satellite and rocket materials naturally decaying rather than our advanced ability to clean them up forcing them down over water and desert.

Without more evidence of any falling debris, I remain skeptical what he or others are seeing are actually some type of real alien and or human craft dog fighting and than would be more likely just some show that's being put on for 'funny' disinformation purposes.

I would think it would been evident by falling debris and craft long ago if there were dog fights.

This guy may be sincere, but I still have doubts as to what he's actually witnessing is for real. Like to see the videos anyway.

Still, I have to wonder about the religious warnings about events such as signs in the heavens and the return of.........

As for these videos; Why can't I pause these or any other related controls
I don't even know how long they are.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think the guy looks like a shorter older David Frake! Of course he is into UFOs!

Anyway, I'm having the same problems. I'm on a break at work and I know we have systems in place to limit this so maybe that is it. I'll give it a shot when I get home.

I would like to know if Skeptic Overlord did actually meet this man and if he did what kind of vibe did he get?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Much thanks for that Undo.

This video capture seems problematic to me or potentially so. There should be stars in the background, right? As far as I can see, nearly every "light" in that video takes on a rather oval shape. I would expect that if he were filming oval-shaped craft (as he says in the video) that there would ALSO be planets, stars that had the classic round shape. hmmmm.

That's not a debunk effort, just an observation. My 2nd gen is much clearer than that, although I don't use much in the way of optical zoom, as it tends to distort the view when shot through NV.

Still hunting for something of Ed's that is clearer; thanks for posting this.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717
I am a firm believer in UFO's, even though I have never seen one myself. I just visited Ed's website www.edgrimsley.com and I have to say that I was not impressed at all.

Ha ha I've seen it too now, impressive indeed. Selling a DVD, and guess what? You guessed right - night vision goggles.

Now the fact that this guy wants to make a buck out of his equipment doesn't make it less fun. It looks like many people are watching skies with night vision, but not selling "UFO wars" stories for additional entertainment.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Nice job SassyCat! Good, clear and stable for the most part. Well done. Now, if at that level of filming quality, we could see objects interacting with each other, then you'd really have something.

Good use of etherial music too!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think by the sounds of the voices on the 'raw footage' video.

They all took a bit of a "smoke break" before seeing these supposed space battles.

I saw one streak toward the end of the video, which as one of the guys in the video even said could have been a shooting star. Although I'd expect it to be brighter. Maybe just a meteor passing by?

It's a big jump from stars, meteors and satellites... to "Space Battles".

I also didn't see any formations. Well none that I could make out.

Unfortunately, I couldn't view the video SO posted, as I haven't been able to view ATS media since the very first and only video I watched. I updated my Adobe Flash and everything. I really don't wanna have to install Firefox just to watch an ATS video once a month

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
didn't do much for me either. seen much better footage from space shuttle missions. wish he woulda used a tripod. seems like a nice guy though and i'm sure he's seeing stuff up there. there's alot of space junk in orbit around the planet in like a big band, too. i imagine he's selling the goggles because people were bugging him about where to get them. problem solved.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If this is true wouldn't SETI catch up on it or is SETI corupted

If this is true wouldn't soldiers with nightvision see these things too and report this to us? I mean this is the only guy I know of that is talking about this.

can't they put a camera on one of these nightvision things to film what people see with them?

I actually believe this is going on but I need even more stuff

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
If this is true wouldn't SETI catch up on it or is SETI corupted

If this is true wouldn't soldiers with nightvision see these things too and report this to us? I mean this is the only guy I know of that is talking about this.

can't they put a camera on one of these nightvision things to film what people see with them?

I actually believe this is going on but I need even more stuff

I agree, and I'd like to know what it was that I saw. (Posted on the first page of this thread.)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join