It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 movie comes out 13/11/09

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

This movie (after watching the 5 minute piece that has been released to the public) seems a bit... fake and over dramatic...

I mean the effects look good, all the CGI is well done, but the best way I can explain it is by saying that they made it all overly unrealistic which kind of makes me sad because I wanted this to be a good movie. Hopefully it is still good, but from what I have heard from those who saw it at comic con before any of us got to see the 5 minute piece they selected to share had nothing but negative things to say
But I'll reserve judgement until I see the movie for myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
probably watch it cause the cgi

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Do some of you really believe that the NWO or PTB have anything to do with this movie?

Roland Emmerich has hinted that he himself doesn't really believe in any of the predictions surrounding 2012, but he saw a great "opportunity" for a movie/story and became interested in the topic itself, so he ran with it.

I certainly don't expect anything serious with this movie. Just some high action, stuff blowing up, some cool visuals and a completely hollywood american hero type script which exists in most of his movies. Just happens to be all centered around a subject I am interested in.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I just have to post this, the president dude gets K/O's by USS JFK, now is that not ironic

Very cool one has to say!! Everywhere gets hit eventhe UK

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

I saw a trailer for this on tv a few days ago. All it showed was the family driving as things collapsed behind them, then flying a plane as things collapsed behind them. It made no indication that there's an actual plot.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

I just saw the 2012 movie,( it is Nov 12th "down" here ), and I think it may just do for the Mayan 2012 / Earth Changes topic what "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind" did for the UFO topic in it's day.

At one point, one of the characters,( played by Woody Harrelson ), says something to the effect,"First you make them laugh, then you give them something to think about". He is saying this to the John Cusak character about an animated video he made to expalin the earth change.

So a LOT of action, crashing and burning, but a few nuggets of truth for the masses to find. It even mentions Dr. Charles Hapgood’s Theory of Earth Crust Displacement... how about that!

Tell your "uninitiated" fellow human beings that they should take in this flick - then talk to them after and bring them up to speed.

I especially like the scene where the old question- to "tell" or not "tell" the people is debated by the characters from the White House.

But the VERY best part is seeing the name on the carrier as it rolls on top of that Washington landmark... "oh the irony of it"

I give it - "Three toes up!"

[edit on 12-11-2009 by TOSFORUS]

[edit on 12-11-2009 by TOSFORUS]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TOSFORUS

Ohh thanks for the comments on it, I might decide to go and watch it now, comes out here in the UK on the 13th!!!

One does wonder, if anyone will walk about with placards, claiming the world is comming to an end

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hello Everyone! I think the movie will be fun! Even my children are looking forward to seeing the special effects. We love "Think out side the box" movies. It also makes you feel appreciative of your good health, family,
and any normal boring days in your own life. Things can be worse like the financial nightmare the world is currently in. My husband came home last night from work and said the company had the best finacial profitable year ever. They are awarding the upper companies presidents, ceos, and the like. Well they took our bonus, raise, 401k match and health care away. They had also laid off people a week a month for several months in a row. For what? Because they could, because other companies that were doing poorly in Ameirca were, and because they could get away with it.
Just exactly how are we going to ever get ahead as a nation? With some individuals taking away from the hardworking others? This movie is an escape if nothing else.
If you feel paniky walmart is there. Stock up on canned goods.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
my partner and myself saw this last night as we were both bored with some extra cash on hand...

2 hours and 50ish minutes later - i kinda wanted my cash back. For something so hyped we expected a bit more special effects wise, although the beginning part with LA crumbling was pretty cool to watch, but that was the end of it for me. Why do movies never include enough tsunamis!? (special effects budgeting?) we were expecting more but it was your typical hollywood movie imo. Plus, how many times can us non-americans watch the white house get demolished in movies? It gets old.

So pretty disappointed all up.

ETA: i was also under the impression based on a website i saw advertising 2012 that the plot involved 'planet x' or 'nubiru' but it wasnt anything to do with either. hm.

BUT I at least had the chance to go off at some teens, that's always fun!

[edit on 12-11-2009 by bkaust]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I seen it yesterday, and for a disaster movie, have to say I thought it was pretty good. Was long though, nearly 3 hours. A bit over dramatic, but still good.

I hadn’t seen it advertised much down here, but the Cinema was still packed.

Mikey

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Saw it today and honestly thought it was a decent story with good effects...parts were too "real" to watch without looking away but all in all,it's worth seeing on a "big screen."

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I myself look forward to the movie.

Will not spend a dime on it, but look forward to it.

Can you say BT.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
SAW this last night! Thought it was a great movie, definately worth seeing on the big screen. It does have a good story line, I wont give away too much, it is probably my favourite disaster movie. Check it out!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
thanks ladies and gents for the comments, keep em rollin in and let us know your thoughts on the film, i have not seen it yet but i am very put off by the fact that one of the posts on this page says it has nothing to do with nibiru? or planet x? so that was just a marketing ploy to sell it better then?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
thanks ladies and gents for the comments, keep em rollin in and let us know your thoughts on the film, i have not seen it yet but i am very put off by the fact that one of the posts on this page says it has nothing to do with nibiru? or planet x? so that was just a marketing ploy to sell it better then?

yeah that was me, i saw a website with 'planet x' scenarios for the 2012 movie, but in the film it was due to the sun heating up or something that caused all the fuss, no mention of nubiru or planet x - unless i missed it while those damn kids were talking in the beginning!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Well thats a real bummer, i saw the same thing, the actual website for the film mentioned planet x.

Oh well, i may still watch it as its got some good cgi in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join