It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in abductions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hello all,

I was thinking about something this morning and thought I would ask you all your opinions. Simply put, do you believe in alien abductions?

Personally I do not, but I do believe in UFO's and other forms of life in the universe.

This led me to then question myself as to why I believe in UFO's but do not believe in abductions as obviously they go hand in hand and they are both as unbelievable as each other.

I believe in UFO's primarily from the things I have seen with my own eyes and through sheer statistic probability.

Why do I disbelieve alien abductions? Because I don't think I have ever read a genuine sounding account, most sound like crazy made up stories.

Why has no-one who has been abducted not brought some form of evidence back from their abduction?

You could say because the aliens have the technology/ability to stop someone from moving and paralyse them etc but if that was the case then why couldn't they just stop the subject from remembering the experience in the first place?

I could go on and on about various other reasons but I'd like to hear from you all, do you believe in alien abductions? If so, why? If not why?

Does anyone else believe in aliens but not alien abductions?

Cheers,

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I've never seen a UFO nor have I been abducted (as far as I know), but I'm still interested. I attend MUFON abductee meetings and have met many that have been abducted. Other than these people's abduction stories, they are just the average American living a normal life. They aren't wearing any tin foil hats etc, and the only time they even discuss being abducted is at these meetings.

When you meet people like this, you really have no choice but to go away with the knowledge that adbuctions are happening. Some of these people drive an hour and a half just to attend the meeting, not to tell war stories like one might hear in an AA meeting, but more to listen to others so as to get confirmation of their own experience.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think the UFO abductions reports are a product of something like MK-Ultra. MK-Ultra was a project to test mind controll and they brainwashed a lot of people. I thik it would be relativley easy once you brain-washed someone to make them forget, it is a simple as telling them that "this never happened" well not THAT simple the would normally drug people,hypnotize them and induce pain. It would also be easy to tell them to tell some alien story if they were ever put under hypnosis. That could be a good government test to see if their brain-washing worked. Like the way more than one assasin has had a facination with catcher in the rye.
Travis walton was on government land i believe and betty hill remembered the aliens wearing military uniforms.
S&F

[edit on 23-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
No, I do not believe in abductions. You really believe that aliens travel far and wide to abduct only a few people then drop'em back to earth and leave? Even if you say the aliens wanted to be secreted about their experiments, why do none of the stories of the abducted ever match? The stories are all based on personal preferences of weirdness. And why not keep the human yourself and use it continually? Why are the abducted certain that they have been abducted but not certain on how it went about. There have yet to be a detailed, Star Wars type detail about what was seen or what happened. And most of the stories told, you can find them somewhere in Hollywood. Such an experience would be memorable right? "They erase their memory." but not the memory of being abducted?

Why even abduct at all? How amazing is the human body? And if you think they put something in you - try to tell someone without having it sound weird and without that person laughing.

And if we are to engage in the belief of aliens, why bother with normal, average people? Why not create an elite group of people (I nominate David Rockefeller) and meet with them in order to control the human population? That is an more intelligent way to control earth: make a select few be evil and have them control the world.

Aliens could be real or fake. I am still not certain of which, but I do know they can be useful in planting urban legends and technological myths in this day and age. The strange thing about it that people get excited about a being that could destroy them or help them. It is funny that people who have these bogus stories about anal probe and alien abductions would freak if the government wanted to do that but are deliriously happy about an alien doing it.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Why do I disbelieve alien abductions? Because I don't think I have ever read a genuine sounding account, most sound like crazy made up stories.

While I do not think the phenomenon is caused by aliens, I do not those experiencing it are crazy or making anything up. I believe they are sane individuals, telling the truth as they see it.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The truth is that there are aliens and that they abduct people, among other things.

You can ramble on about how you think it's far fetched and yada yada, but it's a real deal. It's such a real deal that there's nothing anyone can do about it. We're talking technology that is so advanced that alot of folks think it's not possible.

Some things you just have to see for yourself.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

While I do not think the phenomenon is caused by aliens, I do not those experiencing it are crazy or making anything up. I believe they are sane individuals, telling the truth as they see it.

I would recommend reading en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
The truth is that there are aliens and that they abduct people, among other things.

You can ramble on about how you think it's far fetched and yada yada, but it's a real deal. It's such a real deal that there's nothing anyone can do about it. We're talking technology that is so advanced that alot of folks think it's not possible.

Some things you just have to see for yourself.

Prove that its real please?

You have none, only your opinion. Just because you believe something doesn't make it true, however on the converse just because I disbelieve something doesn't make it untrue either.

But in this situation I'm using common sense...

[edit on 23/9/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hello,

I believe in UFOs. I know they are come here frequently and play a big role in this world.

However they are not responsible for the "abductions"- they are done by our fellow human beings.
Go figure.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I honestly in my heart of hearts think that others believe that they have had an abduction scenario type experience. It's catalysts, be they ephemoral, logical or paranormal in nature are not known in any kind of qualified format.

I for one will say that I have experienced something that sounds like the abduction scenario (visitation by unknown craft more than once, perceived entities of unknown origin, funny marks on my person the following days, missing time) but I cannot tell anyone in no uncertain terms what happened, by whom it happened, why it happened or if I am not the sole cause of it all myself. It pisses me off really.

I live rather uncomfortably in the realm of "I don't know" and have accepted the idea that I will probably never know but it makes for great conversation when your buzzed on your favorite micro-brew.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I believe that UFO's are simply unidentified or mis-identified Earth bound craft or phenomenon.

I do not believe "aliens" are visiting the Earth at all or ever have. Since "they" are not visiting Earth, they can't be abducting anyone.

I believe it is very likely that life of some sort exists "out there", but I do not believe that it is visiting us.

I actually saw a UFO some years back. I told my dad about it and he told me about him and my uncle seeing a very similar object in the same area when they were kids. It was something that I can't explain and was like no earthly craft/phenomenon that I am aware of - yet I still do not believe it was "alien".

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

You might find this interesting:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think that's a difficult question to answer if you've not had an experience. I personally think it's very possible that these experiences are real. Why would aliens abduct people, only they can answer that. Just like I can't prove my experience with the 333 numbers. It's all down to the individual.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I believe in abductions because it's been happening to me for years, long before it was talked about in the media. For a few years I thought it was just some kind of weird repetitive dream type thing I was having until all the books came out.
However, in my experience, there's very little point in talking about it because one is regarded as either a liar or a crank, and as for proving it....
I could go on about it until the cows come home, but to be fair, why bother.
Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Why has no-one who has been abducted not brought some form of evidence back from their abduction?

The only two accounts that I've heard that might have some credibility are Barney and Betty Hill, and the Travis Walton cases, have you read about those? There's no proof in those cases either, so I'm not totally convinced, but they have more going for them than other cases where a person may just be having a case of sleep paralysis in their bed, with no other witnesses.

By the way, just because I don't believe most alien abductions are real, doesn't mean I think everyone is making the story up. Some might be, but I believe most people telling us these abduction stories are telling us what they really believe. That doesn't make it true however, it only means they aren't lying, there's a difference.

This is an interesting video about a famous skeptic talking about alien abduction, makes you think:

Michael Shermer Abducted by Aliens

He was in a state of sleep deprivation for 83 straight hours, that will make your mind play tricks on you. I wonder how many abductees have insomnia problems?

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
yeah i do, i think that its pretty god damn rare. like thers loads of people off these forums who reconnon they have but in my opion most if not all of them are explainable. for me if takes stuff with more evidece like the more famous cases out there

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is actually somewhat of a tricky question for me personally.

The question I must ask in turn is, what exactly do you mean by "real"?
Occurring within this 3-D frequency, the "matter" based world as we primarily percieve through our senses? If so, then I am not sure they are "real" within those confines.

However-I don't feel that "this" reality, nor our perception to it, is the only one there is (with EMPHASIS on this being MY OWN feeling, based on personal experience, and not directed at anyone else to accept this as fact). I feel that we exist on multiple planes of vibrating frequencies, and expanded states of consciousness or awareness, or perhaps even alterations of these states allow some sort of parallel event to be taking place with the consciousness of the individuals, one that is every bit as "real" as the 3-D reality that most of us have been conditioned and limited to reside and percieve within...

But what if there are "other" states of being, other perceptions which are slightly out of phase with this one? What if these experiences are occuring within these phases of being?

Note that I am not making statements here, but posing questions of possibilities that may or may not be something to consider...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by booda
I think that's a difficult question to answer if you've not had an experience.

That is *the* perfect answer to the question.

As far as real, and the qualifying nature of that definition -"Real"? My own experience says they can be real (tangibly) when they want to. But, unlike ourselves, "they" don't have to.

Far stranger and more complex stuff than little space doctors from Planet X- that's for damn sure.

new topics

top topics

join