It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost photo baffles experts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

AN eerie image of a figure at a Scottish castle has got ghost experts spooked. The scary shot was unearthed during the biggest ever investigation into photographic evidence of ghosts. The picture, taken in May last year, shows a spectral figure in fifteenth century dress peering out of a barred window at Tantallon Castle in Fife.

www.thesun.co.uk...

This is a few months old but I dont remember seeing it on ATS. It's quite interesting and there are other photos for you to enjoy. I know it's The Sun , but I like them for posting what other newspapers won't, hoax or not!

[edit on 23-9-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Real or not it's definitely interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Its a good pic, so I'll overlook the fact that its the sun.

What I want to know though, is how do you prove that it is a ghost, and not just some guy in costume?

I'm a firm believer in ghosts, but I see nothing that would make me think that this is one.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I remember seeing that.
Its kinda spooky but then you have a close look at the expression on the face and it makes me giggle a bit.
He's DEADLY serious lol
sorry hehe

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
the one on the main page is such a low quality photo, its hard to tell, could be reflections of rock and light, could be something, cant tell with that quality, all we have is what they blew up.

on the 'click here for slide show"
what "expert" did they hire?

The first one looks like it could be one of two things, overgrowth from the woods , or possibly a arangatng ?sp? ape of some kind. Alien, where the heck did they get that?

The second one.. if thats a black figure looking out over the water, i'll kiss your..... well...
you can see where the waves have washed away part of the formation at the bottom, and there is reflection in the water just in front of it..
sure at first glance maby, but zoom in, its obviously nature, not ghost.

the third one, dunno looks kind of odd, i'd have to see the original with the file attached, tryed pulling it up, but got nothing..
it looks almost like double exposure..

the 4th one, i would have to be there to belive it... and know more about the circumstances... anyone with a camera could duplicate that shot.. have a friend stand just to the side of you, move till you see them in the mirror and take the shot... not that hard to do, sure you may have to move your friend a time or two, but i'm betting that would be easy to duplicate.

i've seen many i cant explain, but most of these are obvious as to what they are. I think there 'experts' need to brush up.

Looks like a promo to get a jump on halloween traffic if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have seen that pic and it is interesting to look at. The Michael Jackon ghost footage of SOMEONE walking across a hall has stumped me . If it was a shadow it would not retain a solid state walking infront of an open door. It would be cast on the floor and not reappear until it came in contact with the wall on the otherside. CNN's explaination is total BS, but hey thats the main stream media, they lie all the time. NEAT STUFF though!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Alright, I am not trying to derail this thread, but did anyone else notice something hilarious in the third slide. I see nothing that remotely resembles a specter in it, but look at the rock formation in the background a little more closely.

www.thesun.co.uk...

[edit on 23-9-2009 by captaintyinknots]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It looks like an oil painting sitting on the wall.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinsta

Yes! I agree, it does look more like a painting than a real person. Also, it's odd the way the face seems to be showing through the railings. I tend to think this has been tampered with.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Very interesting, I also viewed the slide show of 4 other photos and again my thoughts are very interesting as I am not prepared to debunk them just for the sake of not wanting to believe. I can say that more and more evidence has coming out the past couple of years of another demension being revealed. Hmm, Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I remember seeing that a while back...

My thoughts then are the same as they are now. If that is a ghost, or a person, or a painting, why the hell is the head like 10 sizes too big!? looks like some rubber halloween mask or a costumed mascot for a football team

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well, the main picture in your link is not convincing. Could be someone weirdly dressed looking through the window. The other pictures in the slideshow are a bit more convincing.
There are also some good pics in here : www.scienceofhauntings.com

Personnaly, I believe that ghosts exist. I too think there's one in my house, but I'm not sure about it (a friend of mine, a bit medium, said she felt it the day following the first time she got into my home, and I remember she got in for a little while then spent most of the evening outside, rarely getting back inside). Gotta do a little research about it.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It's an oldie but goodie. It's been covered on ATS several times I believe and been covered many times on TV.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
looks like somebody put a painting up against the window, its hardly baffling..

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A publicity stunt to get the Americans back to bonnie Scotland.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Seems a bit too solid and "cartoonish" to be an actual spirit. The colors are too garish, and the benefit of having it appear, for the people who make money off tourism to the place, seems too obvious.

Paranormal stuff is pretty popular now, and there's good money in having a public place declared haunted.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The first picture looks... kinda one dimensional in comparison to the rest of the picture.
The first two pics of the slide show look like paradelia. The second one is formed by a recess in the cliff.

The third picture just looks like a slow capture of someone moving.
The fourth one just looks like a face in a mirror...
Kind of weird. From the position of the mirror, I think there's just a short person in the seat of the vehicle, and the mirror is angled so that you see her face.
Since you'd see the face of the driver from that position.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
The first picture looks... kinda one dimensional in comparison to the rest of the picture.

The figure looks like a cardboard cut-out to me.

[edit on 2009.10/5 by the siren]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
Real or not it's definitely interesting.

Why is it interesting to see some old woman in a window if it isn't a real ghost?

You can go anywhere and look in someone's window right now.

I don't believe in ghosts, but I have no proof that they don't exist.

But I don't think this is a ghost, and The Sun doesn't care about truth whatsoever, so I wouldn't take it as real even if they said it was from only them.

Needs more reliable sources.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
REALLY, the only pic worth mentioning is the chick posing with the ghost in the background near the trees. that looks authentic. so ii think it is real.

the castle one is totally a tourist, i mean how do they kno no one was in there at the time? and the beach figure is questionable i guess but not good enough for me unless it was transparent. the car with no one inside is total BS. its obvious the girl was duckin in her seat giving the impression that no one is behind the wheel. i mean what was the photographer trying to film anyway? a parked mercedes?!?! WOW! cmon now.

dont even make me go into the pic with the couple, its dbl exposure that left that impression of their friend who was standing next to them being 3rd wheel. im sure the "ghost" has a boyfriend who snapped the pic. so there were 4 ppl in total. i mean what else could be the situation? theyre not even posing for the cam so its not like they asked a stranger to snap the pic...

end of discussion ppl.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join