It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moammar Gadhafi - UN speech translation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

Are you kidding me? He's got all the support he needs.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a633e506076c.jpg[/atsimg]

Italy, July 2009

[edit on 23-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
How about those who are bagging the translator give us a little preview as how to translate properly? Want an idea about how hard it is? Pretend you are translating English into another language or vice versa. Watch Obama give a speech and pretend you are translating what he is saying in real time using only English. I bet most people will have trouble keeping up and remembering all that he said. Now imagine doing this from one language to another.

Translation is MUCH harder when done in real time and requires people who are pretty much the best in their field to pull off. Yes they make mistakes and might put a negative interpretation on the words spoken but they are only humans after all. I doubt translators are told to make the speaker look incompetent.

Also remember that UN members often use formal and complex language when giving a speech. This adds another layer of difficulty to the task. I know they are hired knowing they must do these things, but I think they deserve to be cut a little bit of slack.

[edit on 24/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here is a link. I don't know if anyone else has posted it. If so you can remove it.
This is from Article19-video blog

article19-videoblog.tumblr.com...

<< 1  2  3   >>

join