It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moammar Gadhafi - UN speech translation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

these are the images of Moammar and his ribbons that jump into my head

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

twas Baba Wawa if memory serves me correctly. OOOh, i just love a dictator in a uniform.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So basically Gaddafi makes a long speech but pretty much says what many other people are thinking, especially many of the members here on ATS.

Yet that makes him crazy? Whose opinion is that? Your own or that of the U.S government?

Just like when Chavez addressed the UN General Assembly he told it as it was, yet he was mocked.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
First of all that was no "live" speech translation you saw. It was a taped delayed feed in which everything he said was EDITED and then read back by a translator. He was not rambling and it only looked that way because of the way it was being translated.

I personally watched as the translator mentioned the hanging of Sadam BEFORE Quaddifi even said it. This is just one instance. I'm not saying i'm a Quaddifi supporter, but to make any judgement of this televised speech is ludicrous.

If you want to find out what he actually said go find the written transcript and even then i doubt you'll find something that is unedited.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious_soul
First of all that was no "live" speech translation you saw. It was a taped delayed feed in which everything he said was EDITED and then read back by a translator. He was not rambling and it only looked that way because of the way it was being translated.

I personally watched as the translator mentioned the hanging of Sadam BEFORE Quaddifi even said it. This is just one instance. I'm not saying i'm a Quaddifi supporter, but to make any judgement of this televised speech is ludicrous.

If you want to find out what he actually said go find the written transcript and even then i doubt you'll find something that is unedited.

Wrong.. What you watched may not have been what I was watching. I get my feeds directly from the cameras, while they're being transmitted "live" from the hallways and sometimes empty press-rooms, even while they're vacuuming the floors before anyone is even seated.

Don't believe me? Do a little research!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by charlie_the_loafer

THANK YOU! I was in and out of the room but could still hear it and I'm thinking, "What the heck is he rambling on and on about..." then I realized it was the translater "....ehhh, ehhh....." stuck for words and as Gadhafi continues on with his speech. I wonder how accurate the translation was. Why can't they give these translators a copy of the speech beforehand so they know what's coming? And Gadafi had papers he was referring to, so it's not like he planned on winging it. (I'm sure alot of it was added in while he was going along, but come on....) If I were there in the audience I would've had to paint eyes on my eyelids just in case the camera caught me snoozing.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Colonel Gaddafi's speech was certainly provocative. It was predictably colourful. It was unsurprisingly rambling. However, it was, in essence, a passionate plea for the rights of smaller nations and an attack on the dominance of the UN by the big nuclear states. Gaddafi dubbed the UN Security Council "the terror council" whereas the General Assembly was, he claimed, the parliament of the world whose views were simply ignored and over-ridden. The 190 nations were, he said, like those who headed to Hyde Park Corner to deliver a speech and then disappeared having been ignored. Gaddafi's worst diplomatic crime (so far - he's been going 50 minutes already) has been to praise President Obama as a "son of Africa" and a "great thing" which will delight Obama's enemies at a time when they will have been provoked by his promise to work with the United Nations, to cut the US nuclear arsenal, to pressurise Israel and to combat climate change.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This from the BBC. No transcripts yet, but I will be eager to see if the new world order and the swine flu thing are included in the transcripts.

Edited to add star and flag!

[edit on 23-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

Wrong.. What you watched may not have been what I was watching. I get my feeds directly from the cameras, while they're being transmitted "live" from the hallways and sometimes empty press-rooms, even while they're vacuuming the floors before anyone is even seated.

Don't believe me? Do a little research!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I watched CNN and that was not a direct live feed and i'm not wrong. I don't know where you watched to get a direct feed. When the translator spoke of the Sadam hanging before he even said it, it was clearly obvious what was going on not to mention the direct cuts in the audio.

It was obvious the translator that was airing on CNN was reading and not directly translating in real time of what was being said.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It is not a conspiracy when a poor translator is expected to try and make a crazy old gold plated tyrant sound reasonable and fails.

This guy is insane. His speach to a feminist organization recently, where he was literally laughed at by the women there, and his confusion as to why they thought what he was saying was laughable is a great example of just how far this guy has travelled into crazy land.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Grassy knolls have gone to Qaddafi’s head

I'm listening to (suffering through) Muammar Qaddaffi's ramble to the United Nations General Assembly. He's complained about jet lag, and hinted that his fatigue also has something to do with the fact that no one in the in the tri-state area wants to allow him to pitch his tent encampment. (It's how he travels.) Then, he launched into the litany of Israeli "crimes" that should be investigated and counted among them Kennedy's assassination. Jack Ruby, he noted solemnly, offed Lee Harvey Oswald before the truth could be learned about JFK's plans to confront Israel over its nuclear reactor in Dimona. I'll try to track down a transcript. It's hard to transcribe the interpreter's translation -- it's all over the place (and one suspects the interpreter is not at fault.)

blogs.jta.org...

Now I didn't hear anything in the speech about the JFK thing. Or about the reactor in Israel. The guy who wrote this article is looking for a transcript.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I don't know where you watched to get a direct feed.

I posted a link to my source in my last post. It was actually straight from satellite Galaxy 16 @ 99W, 11767V.

For the last half hour though, I've been watching live footage straight from a helicopter of the fires near L.A. CA. Pretty cool really, but you won't see it advertised by anyone who wants to "sell" you the news. No money in that.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Found this little tid bit and thought I would share it. I don't know man, here he is saying to leave the Taliban alone and leave Afghanistan. The Taliban cuts your head off for not having a beard right?

[edit on 23-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Why does it have to say Alert?

Is it to sort of say ALERT this guy is crazy and he might be saying something we don't want you to hear.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

You're right, it is probably propaganda but interesting none the less. I get a kick out of this guy. He tries to make a good point but he is too shot.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

It's kind of difficult to tell whether Gaddafi is rambling or the translator is just bad.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

True, we can't be sure of what the point is he is trying to make without a proper transcript. I am going to be looking for it for sure. I would love to read what this guy is really saying.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So we've almost had the full line up of boogey men addressing the UN General Assembly.

We've had Ahmadinejad in 2005, Chavez in 2006, now Gaddafi.

Chavez was ridiculed, i think Ahmadinejad probably was too and the U.S media is so far doing a fine job of portraying Gaddafi as your sterotypical lunatic Arab boogeyman.

Imagine what scenes we'd get if Kim Jong-il addressed the General Assembly.

Hey, maybe Osama will give a cameo appearance sometime!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I will say the translation in the FOX video clip that was posted appears to be much better than what CNN had. In the clip above it appears the translator is keeping up with Gadhafi. It was not this way at all on CNN.

Maybe someone else can chime in who watched both CNN and the above Fox clip, but i'm pretty sure they are not the same translator.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Sometimes you don't have to make anything up in order to smear someone. Just showing them being themselves is more than enough.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I couldn't say because i don't exactly know what Gaddafi is like behind closed doors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join