It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(2012 my theory) Why am I banned from it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It seems censoring is getting cool for school again. It is not acceptable to ban people from topical forums for no warning, or reason. I am not a child and I don't treat adults like children. I expect the same level of respect in return. Looking for some feedback on this behaviour.

Also if in wrong forum, please move to appropriate forum.

Thanks. Mind2

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Do you have a link to this discussion that you can't get to?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well one what are you talking about and two what is your theory? I dont see why anyone would be banned for a theory if thats what you are getting at.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well its blocked from my IP as well. It is also blocked from my reuter so I cannot get onto it by my housemates computer. So there is something off it.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mind1universe

Well I am not in any means a computer expert but I dont think it has anything to do with ATS, it might be your computer or internet. I have no idea. What thread are u unable to view?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I was awake very late last night and by chance read your thread.

I am figuring that the mods banned it because you would have been torn to shreds and it would not have been pretty. Lots of trolls and lots of rude comments would have happened.

The theory was a sort of compilation of many other theories all mushed together in an illogical and confusing way. After reading it I was speechless. I actually thought it was some sort of joke thread.

Edit to add: The 404 graphic popped up when I refreshed the page to see if anyone had responded.

[edit on 9/23/2009 by rhizomes]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhizomes
I am figuring that the mods banned it because you would have been torn to shreds and it would not have been pretty. Lots of trolls and lots of rude comments would have happened.
The theory was a sort of compilation of many other theories all mushed together in an illogical and confusing way. After reading it I was speechless. I actually thought it was some sort of joke thread.

I can't see the Mods banning a topic/thread because they fear someone will get negative responses?

Pretty sure that's not how it works.

Perhaps it was taken from another site or maybe there was some other reason.

I'm sure the OP will get a response.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Edit to add: The 404 graphic popped up when I refreshed the page to see if anyone had responded.

[edit on 9/23/2009 by rhizomes]

I was up pretty late last night and I missed this. I would really like to see this thread! I have my own theory as of late on 2012 and really would like to see or even hear a tid bit of what the OP said

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I was curious why it was banned, too. I wanted to see how ATSers would reply to it. It seemed unlikely given ATS's open stance on threads that they would remove it for the reasons I stated above, but I was trying to figure out why it was gone.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I was curious why it was banned, too. I wanted to see how ATSers would reply to it. It seemed unlikely given ATS's open stance on threads that they would remove it for the reasons I stated above, but I was trying to figure out why it was gone.

What was the theory? Was it really out there or one that has been discussed before? Heck when I post my thread on one theory I was thinking of I am sure many will not like it lol

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to this discussion?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

From what I understand the thread was deleted. I guess it was posted last night.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

When I look at the OPs threads there arent any listed from last night and none seem to be about their theory of 2012.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Probably a victim of some moderator wanting to minimize angry comments.

Probably lots of other moderators who dont agree with his preemptive strike though.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Does anyone have a link to this discussion?

My guess is this is the link, the title is an exact match:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It gives a 404 error

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The title was something like 2012 - my theory

When I try to link to it from my history it redirects me to the 404 page.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Would like to see this thread.

Is there any way we can get it back?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

That thread was removed because it was posted in the Breaking News forum and didn't meet the requirements for the forum. When submitting a news story the following text appears in large bold font at the top of the page.

This form is for the submission of breaking conspiracy themed or other "alternative topic" news and current events that fit within the topical themes of AboveTopSecret.com.

IMPORTANT: Off-topic submissions that do not relate to the "alternative topics" of ATS, are more than 36 hours old at the time of submission, or cover news stories already submitted to the news forum, are subject to immediate removal without warning or explanation.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Could have been moved though.

Now Im really curious about this thread... Why is the forbidden more fun...

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The thread is now in the 2012 forum for your viewing pleasure.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join