It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on Palestine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Today at the UN
"The goal is clear: two states living side by side in peace and security -- a Jewish state of Israel, with true security for all Israelis; and a viable, independent Palestinian state with contiguous territory that ends the occupation that began in 1967, and realizes the potential of the Palestinian people."

Public declaration that the US will not back Israel ...when they strike Iran. Obama has chosen sides.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
And in doing so, he has brought down the wrath of God on this country.
May God have mercy on us who still believe that the Jews are God's Chosen People, and that Israel has the right to exist.
God have mercy on us when Israel attacks Iran, and we fail to back them.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Am I missing something? I can't see where he mentions Iran in that statement.

The trouble with what he did say is that it uses language that is inflammatory to both sides of the dispute.

Palestinians won't like the words "Jewish State".

Israelis won't like hearing the word "Occupation".

The trouble with trying to appear neutral is that you end up p*ssing both sides off!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Where is Palestine? i know where the Gaza Strip and the West bank are but no "Palestine". I just googles all the names of the countries in the world and Palestine wasnt included in any of the lists ive seen.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

It's a politically loaded term, so it depends who you talk to

As far as a future separate Palestinian state goes, its Gaza and the West Bank (or 98-99% of the West Bank, excluding Jewish settlements)

Historically it's the name for the entire region including the West of Jordan before the creation of Israel, i.e. the British Mandate of Palestine.

To some who oppose the state of Israel's existence Palestine is still the whole region, and they consider even Tel Aviv to be "occupied Palestine".

Hope that helps!

[edit on 23-9-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Palestine is a different thing than Iran. This kind of statement is more accurately described as the US condemning military operations against the Palestinian Authority. Not Iran. When Israel strikes Iran (Note: Iran, not Palestine), they will be supported by the US.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
No Palestine is the main issue in Islam, which includes Iran and all the 57 OIC countries.
Now Iran has announced that it has a secret nuclear plant inside a mountain. Interesting that Obama is now speaking about it after all the terrorism busts in the US, maybe he had to spill it and things have changed.

new topics

top topics

join