It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the title of this movie (Alien-related)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
When I was a kid in the 80s, I saw this movie (standard 2 hour long US film) with only one actor from beginning to end that seems to have been stranded on this alien planet. I don't think that he had an astronaut suit with him but he wore some sort space suit without a helmet (or he removed it. I forgot). The planet looks like a desert with some rocks here and there and it seems like it's always twilight in the place. Then he spears and eats these fast moving horseshoe crab-like aliens to survive.

I think he has a companion with him which looks like a reptilian fellow and they don't talk to each other (again. I can't remember.).

I'm not sure if I remembered the film because it only had one actor or because there were two actors who doesn't speak to one another since the other man is an alien for the duration of the film.

Have you guys seen this one? If so, can you guys remember such a film? I need the title.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sounds like it might be Enemy Mine. Dennis Quaid as the Earthman and Lou Gossett as the lizard guy.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yes it is.

Thanks. It's been more than 20 years.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Excellent movie with much social commentary.

I believe it was a redo of another movie with a Japanese and an American soldier both stranded on an island during WW2.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

When I was a kid in the 80s...

*sigh*

I was an airline pilot by then...oh, to be young again!

BTW...yup! It's "Enemy Mine". Good movie.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

That was Hell in the Pacific with Lee Marvin and Toshiro Mifune.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I've never seen the movie Enemy Mine but I did read the book years ago, and this sounds like it; in fact, that's actually what I thought of, but I didn't know it was a movie until 10 seconds ago.

The other thing your description reminds me of is this Star Trek episode :p But since it's already been established it's Enemy Mine...

top topics

join