It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Police Arrest 50 in suspected Gang Raids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Los Angeles Police Arrest 50 in suspected Gang Raids

abclocal.go.com

More than 1,000 officers took part in a massive police crackdown on the Avenues street gang, arresting dozens of suspected gang members early Tuesday morning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
CNN showed clips of many assault rifles, and other guns that were confiscated.

Get those weapons off the streets, If we can take them now, we won't have to worry when planned social order breakdown occurs.

I'm not advocating that people should have illegal assault weapons, but I do think the parallels for timing on this raid are spooky.

abclocal.go.com

[edit on 23-9-2009 by sticky]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky

CNN showed clips of many assault rifles, and other guns that were confiscated.

Get those weapons off the streets, If we can take them now, we won't have to worry when planned social order breakdown occurs.

I'm not advocating that people should have illegal assault weapons, but I do think the parallels for timing on this raid are spooky.

abclocal.go.com

That is the first thing I thought, a 'preemptive strike' so to speak.

Get the ones that would be most likely to riot and rebel and lock them up.

It feels like a 'storms a brewin'.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
No MS13 and others in southern cali, are rampant. Its really a serious issue and needs to be addressed. on every street almost you will find tags for whom supposedly owns that territory, they charge street vendor fees for protection, drug selling fees for selling on their corner, and are constantly involved in rival gang wars over turf.

the guns these folks have are guns the military uses, these guns are not good where they are regardless of what is thought of our future. Too many kids and innocent people are being recruited or killed from these matters.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It shouldnt matter if you are a "Gang Member". If you are not breaking the law, you are not breaking the law.

-Edit For The Shades

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

abclocal.go.com

Sticky,

I think I know what you meant but for clarification I think you ought to edit that to read-

"Get those weapons from the un-civil,..."

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066

abclocal.go.com

Sticky,

I think I know what you meant but for clarification I think you ought to edit that to read-

"Get those weapons from the un-civil,..."

I don't know if I truely agree. I grew up in Oxnard, CA and some of my most trusted friends (95% Mexican with possible gang affiliations) were right there with me in the barrio. I'm kinda torn on it. I definitely don't classify someone that is practically born into a gang to be un-civil.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If you carry a gun around for the purpose of Gang activity, meaning you will use your gun around innocent people to defend your gang's turf, Your un-civil.

If you recruit kids off the playground with hopes of them getting that new PS3 with 5 games, if they run a errand for you, You may be un-civil.

Sorry but I think Joining a gang means you lose your ability to be truly civil.

Hence why the few who get out of the gangs, Work with others to keep them from joining in the 1st place.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

By "un-civil" I mean those persons that do not respect others or their properties...

www.merriam-webster.com...

Main Entry: civ·il
1 a : of or relating to citizens b : of or relating to the state or its citizenry
2 a : civilized b : adequate in courtesy and politeness : mannerly
3 a : of, relating to, or based on civil law b : relating to private rights and to remedies sought by action or suit distinct from criminal proceedings c : established by law
4 : of, relating to, or involving the general public, their activities, needs, or ways, or civic affairs as distinguished from special (as military or religious) affairs

...in other words, "Those idiots that don't care about themselves let alone anybody else"

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10001011
No MS13 and others in southern cali, are rampant. Its really a serious issue and needs to be addressed. on every street almost you will find tags for whom supposedly owns that territory, they charge street vendor fees for protection, drug selling fees for selling on their corner, and are constantly involved in rival gang wars over turf.

the guns these folks have are guns the military uses, these guns are not good where they are regardless of what is thought of our future. Too many kids and innocent people are being recruited or killed from these matters.

Yes, this is true. I grew up in So Cal and I can vouch for the accuracy of this claim. In fact I myself was a bad little gang member at one time too. I luckily got out before I lost my life, but some people I know were not so lucky, and something being done about slowing down the warfare is a very good thing in Cali. For example, when police come to stop crimes, they lose gunfights because they don't have the firepower that local criminals have. So criminals run the streets.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If they want to go after real gangsters and criminals, the should raid the Democrat and Republican national offices. Those are the two biggest criminal gangs in America. But at least they got a start working on the little guys. Maybe they are going to work their way up to the big boys?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
It shouldnt matter if you are a "Gang Member". If you are not breaking the law, you are not breaking the law.

-Edit For The Shades

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Common Good]

Just being in a gang is against the law. It is a conspiracy to commit extortion, drug dealing, and murder. That is the purpose of a gang. Every gang member is complicit in that conspiracy.

Criminal gangs are not the Knights of Columbus, or the Shriners. When was the last time MS13 built a hospital? When was the last time the Latin Kings demolished a neighborhood and renovated it for people who cannot afford homes?

These gangsters force methamphetamine and other dangerous drugs on the children in the community. Then they turn them into thieves and prostitutes to pay for their addictions.

Yes, let's glorify gangsters. They are just a bunch of good ole boys hanging in the barrio.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Its about time they started taking action against the gangs.
I have never been to L.A.. I think about it and then the second thought that comes to mind is the gangs and safety issue.

I'd love to go there one day if they get some control over this issue.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I concur..its about time some police did something about this. Gangs think they own pieces of public or city property. Then, when you go walking down a street, that a gang 'stole', they can use that against yuo, or make sure you never come down that way again, like the effin built and made the street and buildings on it* drugs, murder and territory, thats all its all about. wish more citys did this. Especially the federal reserve being raided*

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

What? So regular police work tackling gang activity, and making the community safer, is now a conspiracy theory?

When governments ban ordinary people from owning guns legally, people cry foul. Disarming the population and all that.

When police forces do their job and disarm criminal gangs who have a recorded history of being violent and using guns in violent crimes against other gangs and innocent civilians, people moan.

What do you want exactly? That there be no law and order, that there be chaos and anarchy?

If this gang had used those assault rifles in a gang war, people would be complaining authorities didn't do enough on purpose.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This is about the murder of a Sheriff's Deputy in front of his home.

Rule number 1 in continuous criminal enterprises: Do not kill Law Enforcement Officers! They have more guns, they have more people, they have more resources, and No sense of humor!

These guys brought it on themselves.

I agree that there are both good aspects and bad aspects about these gangs when it comes to local social justice and evening playing fields but the long and short of it is when you pick on the police you are asking for trouble.

This was payback from the Sherrif's Department.

Nothing more nothing less.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
these people would tend to be your frontline defense during any sort of social breakdown.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
these people would tend to be your frontline defense during any sort of social breakdown.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So the concerns were breaking up families of the gangs? What about the families of their victims? More needs to be done. This should not be the last raid.

It's sad that the community members are now afraid of retaliation from the families of the members.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

You are joking, right?

These gangs, in the event of social breakdown and chaos and anarchy on the streets, in which authorities do not have control of entire suburbs and districts, will be the FIRST people to start looting and hording supplies for them selves.

Make no mistake. These gangs don't give a damn about you.
If social order breaks down, they will be coming after your possessions.
Your electrical goods, your valuables such as jewelry, any money you have in the house, even your car or motorbike.

They wont be doing you any favours. They wont come to protect you. Because they'll be the ones you will need protecting from.

Some people here are either naive beyond belief, or just making silly comments on purpose.

I really can not understand how anyone can think a violent CRIMINAL group will help you if social order breaks down.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join