It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin slams Obama's spending in debut speech in Asia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Exactly.

Hell, I found it ironic that McCain's whole argument was that Obama was unprepared for the presidency, seeing McCain had a lot of more experience as a senator and such.

A valid argument, until Obama chose Biden, a long time senator, and McCain chose Palin, a woman who's experience was mayor of Wasilla and was only governor for two years...

That was when McCain went RIGHT DOWN the drain.

That was when all credibility was lost.

Right there. The RNC 2008 convention, when McCain announced Palin as his VP candidate.

"That day, son, the Republican Party just withered away..."

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by HunkaHunka

She's working on her foreign policy issues way before 2012. Then she'll be ready to run for POTUS.

What party affiliation will she run with?...I am starting to suspect the GOP will not survive as a viable contender until 2012 and if they do..Palin running for POTUS would be the final nail in the coffin.

I wish her well. I think she got beat up in the election cycle. I think she was underqaulified and over-ambitious and generally lacked the minimum intellectual horsepower for Potus.

Politics is not her strong suit, but I hope she finds her place in the world.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The Republicans.

No matter what the argument is, the two major parties are the Republicans and the Democrats.

She wouldn't even have a close chance of even becoming the GOP candidate, let alone, becoming the President, if she were to say she was going as an Independent.

She'll put herself with the GOP.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

The Democrats will run nobody if Obama wants another term in the office. The Constitution does allow two terms in office, need I remind you.

[edit on 23/9/09 by Mak Manto]

Yes, but as with Jimmy Carter, the people will have the final say on limiting obama to just one sorry (for the rest of us) term in office.

And as for Palin, some dems here are sounding like they have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) - They are obsessed with everything Palin says and does and they are compelled to trash her and her family at every opportunity.

Sad, but there are treatments for this disorder ...

[edit on 9/23/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
We'll see, Centurion.

Don't underestimate the power of the people.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
We'll see, Centurion.

Don't underestimate the power of the people.

Really?

See my other thread about how many of the young voters that helped obama get elected are now dropping out of the political process because it didn't provide them with the instant gratification our narcissistic youth have become accustomed to.

thread

Oh, and I revised my earlier post ...

[edit on 9/23/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
You don't air America's dirty laundry in the presence of the international community. It's unAmerican.

I'm surprised to find I agree with you on this. We've found some common ground!

Palin doesn't seem to realize that Obama is not as hated in Asia or other parts of the world as he is in some parts of the U.S. That kind of politics of fear and division just doesn't play well on the international stage.

A lot of people in the international community think Obama helped save the world from a terrible depression. Many have a very different view of Obama than Palin and her cronies. They probably couldn't care less that the rich have to pay more taxes now.

IMO she embarrassed us horribly by airing the U.S.'s dirty laundry in public.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

IMO she embarrassed us horribly by airing the U.S.'s dirty laundry in public.

I don't think it's much of a secret about our dirty laundry, but leave it up to ex Gov. Palin to pull it out of the hamper and show it to the world.

What a class act.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Freedom of speech means allowing someone with an opinion you don't agree with at all, to voice it.

And if American's are hell bent on spreading democracy, it means letting that democracy happen in any format, not just on American soil.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

I have come to the conclusion that McCain didn't have a choice. I don't think he did. I don't think he would of chosen Palin in a million years.

I like McCain. I think his downfall is not embracing technology and not wanting to end the war in Iraq, and maybe a little of being weak on illegal immigration.

And Palin cinched it.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Freedom of speech means allowing someone with an opinion you don't agree with at all, to voice it.

And if American's are hell bent on spreading democracy, it means letting that democracy happen in any format, not just on American soil.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Palin be arrested for what she said. NN. Just as I don't think anybody with half a brain suggested the Dixie Chicks get arrested when they made their ignorant statements overseas. I do, however, think that just because you have a right to say something, doesn't mean it's wise or even "right" to say it. The first ammendment gives me the right to run into the nearest church and yell "I have a penis!" but that doesn't mean that the congregation's impression of me wouldn't be signifigantly diminished if I did so, because it simply wouldn't be an appropriate thing to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join