It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 years of world Opium supply gone missing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Enough Afghan opium to supply world demand for two years has effectively gone missing, with the Taliban suspected of stockpiling supplies in a bid to corner the market, the United Nations Office for Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has revealed.

edition.cnn.com...

"We figure the world needs around 4,000 tons of opium a year for licit and illicit purposes," Walter Kemp of the UNODC told CNN. Has enough empasis been placed on drug trafficking?

"But this year around 6,900 tons was produced, with 7,700 tons delivered last year and more than 8,500 the year before that. Map showing where Afghan opium is going »

"So if the world only needs around 4,000 tons of opium and a further 1,000 is seized, where is the rest of it going?"

edition.cnn.com...

So the blame is on the Taliban and its 'stockpiling' in order to create easier to transport Heroin. I remember reading about US run opium sites within Afghanistan a while ago... is this all just a cover story?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Their religion is against this $%^&. Its like saying fundamentalist christians are stock pile HEROIN.

I doubt with every fiber of my being that those religious extremists will honor kill their children and then turn around and stockpile heroin.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
You know I haven't seen Opium for years till we started to send troops to Afghanistan. Maybe its the CIA stocpiling not the locals.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Now that would be an well educated guess.

But what does it really matter? There is no god who loves and protects anyone. We are all at he mercy of liars and theives, and nothing in the ENTIRE universe seems to want it corrected.. so drink up and prepare to die screaming.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Their religion is against this $%^&. Its like saying fundamentalist christians are stock pile HEROIN.

I doubt with every fiber of my being that those religious extremists will honor kill their children and then turn around and stockpile heroin.

Well if it weakens the societies of the `decadent West` , it will play a strategic role besides the obvious financial one.
If it is intended for a market distant from their homeland they could probably care less about the repercussions, they will find an Iman to issue a Fatwa stating it is permissible .

In a War against such a well equiped enemy such as NATO , they will not turn down the chance to use `heroin` as a weapon imho.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Your fogetting that they belive in an islamic hell and an islamic god. I know it may be hard for you to grasp this with your mind....

Do you think they would allow their females to strip if it weakened the power of the west?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This relates to a theory I presented a year or two ago..
I believe that if anyone wanted to get a substance, be it biological, poisen, genitic.. or what ever...
The easiest way to get it to the masses would be through the gov't run black market, laced in with street drugs or base ingredients for prescription meds....
I may be mistaken but are the opium fields gov't run...."I'm fairly sure they are....most likely "contractors" so it would be politically correct for the big ole USA

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I'm trying to grasp the picture here... Okay we got the UNODC's report. I've reread this a few times and the more I read it, the more I think of this guy, Walter Kemp, as some sort of internal auditor for some corperation or something..

First, we know how much product is being produced annually, we know what the market demand is, we also know what the delivery schedules are and the amount of inventory being shipped but these numbers don't add up.

When you're talking numbers like these it sure sounds like there is some blackmarketing going on somewhere... wait... THIS is a blackmarket!

Also from the OP's article-
"However, most of the trade is controlled by organized criminal groups from outside Afghanistan. Therefore Demirbuken believes groups such as the Taliban and al Qaeda will be forging links with gangs such as the Turkish and Iranian mafia in order to become more involved in the production and trafficking stages."

Wouldn't you think that the 'United Nations Office for Drug and Crime' is for the irradication of such a market? They sure to know alot about this buisness to not be able to get a handle on it.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

By `their females ` do you mean fellow Muslims ?"

Because i was thinking of non Muslims , do they concern themselves with infidels ?

Does anything go when dealing with non- Muslims? Of course i realise that the opinions held by these people do not reflect the attitudes of Muslims in general.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged.

This is a massive story imo because it is pretty well known that the CIA runs drugs out of these countries and that Heroin production under Taliban practically disapeared but when the "Allied forces" took over it is at the highest yield ever.

LOL at the Taliban took it. What a convenient scapegoat. This is a kin to the 2.3 Billion that the Pentagon announced they lost the day before 9/11.

Drug running is a massive contributor to the funding of black operations all around the world and 2 YEARS OF WORLD OPIUM SUPPLY IS GONE!.

Maybe they anticipate a slowing in production due to who knows maybe another conflict that may pull resources from Afghanistan?

"So if the world only needs around 4,000 tons of opium and a further 1,000 is seized, where is the rest of it going?"
What a crock

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This isn't all blackmarket. Much of the opium goes to producing
painkillers which many are dependant on for legitimate medical
reasons. I went through a week of hell earlier this year due to
a recall on oxycodone, the pharmacies ran out, i ran out and
went through severe pain and withdrawl. There are no more
horrendously addictive drugs than opiates. People who are
on them depend on a rather fragile system of manufacture
and delviery just to keep going. I hope this doesn't end up
making me go through a repeat of this winter - I would as
soon put a bullet through my head as relive that.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Controlling a drug would be a nice cornerstone for the people trying to prove that they control a territory.

Big Pharm should be used to bring on Afghan farmers, and provide security. Then you have the product going from farmers to a needed use, AND start bringing on the critical "back country" peasantry into a system of safety and money that isn't tied to thugs.

Are you guys really so sure that the CIA controls EVERYTHING. That doesn't seem just a little ....egocentric to you?

Like, no Middle Eastern, Arabic, or Muslim men have ever been known to control territories and supply routes. None have been ever known to try and create large empires based on trade supply. None have ever been covetous of power and money.

For like, all of written history.

[edit on 2009/9/23 by Aeons]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Opium is a cash crop and I would guess the Taliban needs all the money it can get.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I didn't do it.

Yeah, Taliban, schmaliban. They (the guys that own presidents) need to raise prices so it's time to dry things up a little bit.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

except that the medical legitimate opium isn't produced in afghanistan, it's produced in turkey, india and australia, if i remember right.

i have to agree with others, i seriously doubt the taliban are stockpiling it. they are not big fans of opium, as beefcake said, they wiped out production in 2000. the CIA, on the other hand, have a history of drug trafficing and the soviets always alledged they were involved in opium trafficking out of afghanistan.

it's also worth remembering that they have all those un-manifested flights into and out of the country which the governments of the world hardly acknowledge, never mind monitor.

guess we know what makes special rendition flights so damn special.

[edit on 23/9/09 by pieman]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The Taliban is only a single aspect of the core set of people who are behind the push for a Pan-Islamic State.

These people are quite willing to use herione and opium, for any purpose. Power or money.

You assume that religion is the main reason behind their actions. When it clearly is not. Religion is merely the vehicle they are using to push it forward.

Those who don't like the use of these products don't like it FOR THEIR OWN. For you or an enemy - well the morality of their religion means they don't give a flying rat's behind if you take it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
Starred and Flagged.

This is a massive story imo because it is pretty well known that the CIA runs drugs out of these countries and that Heroin production under Taliban practically disapeared but when the "Allied forces" took over it is at the highest yield ever.

LOL at the Taliban took it. What a convenient scapegoat. This is a kin to the 2.3 Billion that the Pentagon announced they lost the day before 9/11.

Drug running is a massive contributor to the funding of black operations all around the world and 2 YEARS OF WORLD OPIUM SUPPLY IS GONE!.

Maybe they anticipate a slowing in production due to who knows maybe another conflict that may pull resources from Afghanistan?

What a crock

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Beefcake]

Yup, summed it up pretty nicely. Lots of talk recently about new military strategies within Afghanistan and the increasing call for more troops to be sent over. I suppose things like this are just pushed around to maintain public support for what they believe to be the 'right cause'.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake

...LOL at the Taliban took it. What a convenient scapegoat. This is a kin to the 2.3 Billion that the Pentagon announced they lost the day before 9/11.

In case you guys didn't notice... Islam is also supposed to be the "religion of peace." So the next time you counter that it's against their religion, think about that.

2.3 billion dollars? That's a lot of money right?

Yeah....

At a hearing in early May, Federal Reserve Inspector General Elizabeth Coleman was asked by Congressman Alan Grayson (D-FL) to account for the $9 trillion in off-balance sheet transactions ($30,000 for each man, woman and child in the U.S.) plus a $1 trillion expansion of the Fed’s balance sheet since last September. Her answer is that no one at the Fed knows or is keeping track of where the money has gone.

www.independent.org...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I dunno - but - with all the gossip flitting about concerning the *nuke* to hit the USA in the middle of October...

1] The *dope* has been *relocated* to an underground facility (you know one of those facilities a mile deep for government officials and their families to survive a nuke attack)...

Or two:

2] The *dope* has been *relocated* to one of those underground facilities for.......

peace

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

I'm pretty sure in thier twisted minds, as long as they sell to "non-muslims" their conscience is clear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join