It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maximum Alert: U.S. Troops Now Occupying America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Under the pretext of “helping” local communities short of police in difficult economic times, as well as preparations for a potential swine flu pandemic, U.S. troops are now occupying America as the country sinks into a state of de facto martial law. We have been inundated with reports over the last few weeks of uniformed soldiers and National Guardsmen running internal checkpoints all over the country as a frightening “Red Dawn” scenario unfolds not with a bang but with a whimper. The military are now being called upon to undertake roles normally designated to police as Americans are incrementally acclimated to accept the presence of troops on the streets as an everyday occurrence.

www.prisonplanet.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23/9/09 by TopsyCret]

[edit on 23/9/09 by TopsyCret]

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Where have I seen this scenario before.

oh yeah, Nazi Germany.

The test is coming. How much do you cherish your freedom? Enough to die for it?

How strong is your faith. They want to take that away.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TopsyCret

Did the new security threat to our parks, hotels and anywhere big crowds gathered is part of this?

You know since the so call "failed attempt" in NY now the threat has been extended to other cities and states.

I wonder if this the excuses for having troops all over the nation for security reasons.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Here in Norman, Ok., a preppy college town, we had a tank rolling down Lindsey street a few days ago. I don't know what those kind of tanks are called but it's the kind with the long pointed front end for ramming through walls.

It was a little disconcerting, to say the least. I agree that they're gearing up for anticipated civil disobedience and/or civil unrest.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TopsyCret

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction, with the intention (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) of substantially limiting the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (today the Army, Air Force, and State National Guard forces when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States.

From Wiki.

I can't really think of anything else to add. I mean, when does it stop?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The problem in all cases is that it is easier to fly unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in a war zone than in civilian airspace. One senior USAF officer was queried at a conference about the potential for operating UAVs in national--i.e., civilian--airspace. "Anyone here from the Federal Aviation Administration?" he asked. "No? Good." He then proceeded to air the military's frustration with the civilian authorities that own the airspace.

www.aviationweek.com.../CIVUAV081809.xml

Like a car with a stuck accelerator.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
in the context of history, this is the point where the empire collapses on itself from over extension and economic collapse. the troops will come home to try to stave off the coming civil unrest that will ultimately prove americas downfall..

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Would like to know how the story ends.

Hope there's a sequel!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Nice plan,slowly put the troops here and there .Get the people used to seeing them,so the sheep don't notice the build up. So when something happens, false flag attack, they are allready in place.

And yes , they will follow orders....gun confiscation,shoot to kill

Are the foreign troops still here for the NLE 09 ??

[edit on 9/23/2009 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

I hate to sound like someone on a conspiracy website, but are any of these troops in Philli?

Just askin'

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Haven't seen any troops around my area but there has been a large increase amount of figther jets flying over (they run supersonic over the gulf).

There have also been an increase of military choppers.

Around 9PM last night I heard a chopper flying over (never heard them at night before) grabbed my camera and ran outside but it was too late.

I have some video of them flying over in the daytime, will see about uploading them.

Edit to add video

media.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction, with the intention (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) of substantially limiting the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. ... From Wiki.

I can't really think of anything else to add. I mean, when does it stop?

What has happened to The Posse Comitatus Act gets confusing. "George Bush also quietly and privately signed into law a revision to the 1807 Insurrection Act. It was hidden in Sections 1076 and 333 of the John Warner Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007." alaskafreepress.com...

However the State Govenors threw a hissy fit about this law and we have another later article.

In late 2006, Congress revised the Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act to make it far easier for a president to declare martial law. Those changes were repealed at the end of this January as part of Public Law 110-181 (HR 4986), the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 (signed into law by President Bush on January 28, 2008).

Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt), who championed the opposition to the original law, was also the hero of the repeal. It helped that all the nation’s governors opposed the 2006 law. www.inteldaily.com...

So is Posse Comitatus alive and well or not?

edit
I just came across this that explains what has happened to Posse Comitatus. As usual the Tyrants and Criminals in DC, have no use for the law or the Constitution.

"The Myth of Posse Comitatus" by Major Craig T. Trebilcock, U.S. Army Reserve October 2000 www.democraticunderground.com...

[edit on 23-9-2009 by crimvelvet]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
Haven't seen any troops around my area but there has been a large increase amount of figther jets flying over (they run supersonic over the gulf).

There have also been an increase of military choppers.

Around 9PM last night I heard a chopper flying over (never heard them at night before) grabbed my camera and ran outside but it was too late.

I have some video of them flying over in the daytime, will see about uploading them.

the same thing has been raisng the hair on the back of my neck for about 6-8 weeks now.

I have lived 20 minutes from Dover AFB in Delaware for 11 years now. I am used to seeing C130s and such regularly since Dover AFB is a hub for the Air Mobility Command, but lately there have been many instances of fighters that appear to be grey F16s flying patrol patterns.

They fly in from the south, circle the area between Milford and Dover for 5-10 minutes then disappear. This takes place usually at least 2x a day and sometimes more on the weekend.

I have NEVER seen this the whole time that I've lived here until the last few weeks

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I'll bet you a shiny nickle that it is alive and well, and done when we were all arguing about Obamacare.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 12656 appointed the National Security Council as the principal body that should consider emergency powers. This allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United States and granted the government the right to isolate large groups of civilians. The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders and take control of U.S. air space and all ports of entry.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You can read recent Executive Orders and look up the topics of all modern Executive Orders by going to www.archives.gov... National Archives and Records. They are difficult to pull up and include Executive Orders 12919, 12656, 13228 and the ominous Executive Order 11490.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Everyone remain calm... They're just helping redirect traffic... That is all

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Hey Mike...I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary in Philly / So. NJ recently except for some military choppers overhead this weekend. I'm not exactly sure what model they were, but I'm damn sure they sure weren't news or civilian.

It really looks like tptb's plans are falling into place perfectly doesn't it? Everything is pointing in their direction and our heads are in 35 places at once nowadays. It's really getting to "that point" now and all we can really do is be prepared....

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is all interesting. Can people please post exact communities where Federal Troops are 'occupying'? I'm not trying to say it is not happening, I just have not seen it yet. Living/working in the middle of the nation's most populous city, I figured I would have seen something by now.

Just police, FBI and more police. Not even any national guard save for the recruiting centers.

Airspace seems normal here as well. Above normal helicopter patrols but that is not uncommon when so many high-profile people are over at the UN.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Here in Norman, Ok., a preppy college town, we had a tank rolling down Lindsey street a few days ago. I don't know what those kind of tanks are called but it's the kind with the long pointed front end for ramming through walls.

It was a little disconcerting, to say the least. I agree that they're gearing up for anticipated civil disobedience and/or civil unrest.

Dude, I'm calling BS on your post. I live in Norman, OK as well, and I have heard nothing about this. There aren't even any units within 100 miles of Norman that have tanks. Did this "tank" sighting happen to be on Saturday, when it might have been used as a static display for an army recruiting function during the football game when over 80k people are walking around campus. There is also a National Guard maint. unit on the north end of town, right off the highway, but even they don't work on "tanks". Maybe you saw something with treads on it and you figured it was a tank. Even if it were a main battle tank, what good would ONE tank do in an urban environment? I say you are either mistaken due to ignorance of the subject, or you are flat out fabricating the story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join