It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare? Racism? Who cares?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
i just don't get it, i have no idea what happened.

this time last year there was a worldwide push, by the people, to change the financial structure and the political system so that the lies, corruption and mass manipulation of the past few decades would be permanently resigned to the history books.

this hasn't happened.
do we care?

as far as i can see, the answer is "not really".
america seems to have been distracted by an overblown debate on a minor insurance reform on one side and phantom racism on the other.
at the same time, the politicians in other countries are telling us that they can't reform the system because no-one else is doing it...by no-one else i assume they mean "america isn't doing it".... so financial reform would send us straight to the bread line.
people seem to be gobbling up this reconstituted vomit as if it were the sweetest nectar of ambrosia and i'm honestly starting to despair.

that's why i'm starting this thread, because i'm curious to see if anybody else is bothered by the "business as usual" crap that's going on at the moment because there isn't a whole lot of talk about it, and if there is, i'm missing it.

do we care that the fractional reserve system is being propped up at both ends by your money?
do we care that the banks and the bankers are still giving themselves golden back slaps?
do we care that politicians seem to be going about business exactly as they always have done?
do we care that the only thing that's changed is that we are all a little bit poorer?
is there some sort of silent majority sitting out there silently steaming over the ten tons of wool we're having pulled over our eyes?

it feels to me as if we've all been distracted by a few non-issues dangled in front of our noses so that the PTB can get on with robbing us of what little power and dignity we still have.

it really feels like a mass distraction of the highest order.

[edit on 23/9/09 by pieman]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Did you honestly expect change? Well we've got it. A change from anything we have ever known.

Did you vote for Obama? I'm not here to disparage, just curious.

Sadly, I'm not surprized at how this country is doing. I anticipated it. Obama's campaign is the epitome of media manipulation.

I just "hope" that enough americans are awake now, so that real reform, real change, can take place in 2010, and 2012.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

that obama "change" stuff was always fairly dubious in my eyes, (although i did hope, sucker) personally, i believe that it was a capitalisation on an attitude that existed, the want for change was there and the obama campaign used it to gain power.

that's why they put up a black guy and a woman for nomination, one way or the other they were going to capitalise on the "change" ticket.

i think the desire for change went much, much further than the political capitalisation of the american political system, i think there is/was a world wide desire for change that is being decimated by the political and financial elites.

i'm not from the US, this isn't simply a US observation, it's more of an observation of the way the world stands today as compared to a year ago.the US is a big figure in the equation because a lot of the elite are based there but london, brussels, tokyo and beijing all have their parts to play in the distraction agenda.

what i'm trying to say is that we had, maybe still have, the will, the power and the opportunity to push back against them, the famous, faceless them, but i feel we're blowing it because we're letting ourselves be distracted with petty crap that doesn't matter.

[edit on 23/9/09 by pieman]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What I see is people across this country fighting to prevent a total transformation of the government of the United States. These people are stating that government is too big, and is already to intrusive in the lives of the citizens. They want smaller government, less intrusion, and a return to true representative democracy.
The current administration is rapidly expanding the government, and through the efforts to pass healthcare reform, increasing its control over the the people. The govenment is violatng the constitution on a daily basis. Change is fine, when change follows the law of the land. Laws are being violated, so we would be prefer the status quo until lawmakers learn to obey the laws.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

So, you think a change from democrat to republican in 2012 will bring change? If by change you mean the gradual erosion of our constituion that has been going on regardless of affiliation, then I agree with you; otherwise, I find that comment laughable.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by xEphon]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What I think is going on right now is that what the shadow govt planned on happening, did happen. Obama was elected which is enough to sedate the average person for now but since people are starting to wake up from that drug they need something else, swine flu is being shoved down our throats now to take the spotlight off whats really going on and im sure it will be something else soon enough.

So in a nutshell, what happened is what always happens, people feel comfortable and scared at the same time which leaves them blinded to whats going on in the world. Oh and lets not forget the fall lineup of new tv shows and all the craziness over the video music awards and emmys....i could go on and on

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yes, OP, I agree with your post. Healthcare reform was a distraction. It is what is going on behind the scenes that is important.

We are on the verse of collapse and they've been lying and covering up to stop the panic of the masses.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The 'change' that Obama promised really isn't that different from the 'change' that they ALL start out promising.

I do think he has given us some 'real' 'change.' I just don't think it was really the change he would have had us believe, given his promises.

I just read this morning that Obama is trying now to make us believe that he is 'reforming' the way that the administration hides behind the veil of 'State Secrets.'

www.foxnews.com...

To me it almost always seems like a perception issue. If they can get us to think they are doing something positive, then everything is alright, or at least tolerable. Meanwhile, the torture, wars, blood sucking, all continues unabated, while the people cling to the last dose of hope dribbled out. The majority, I think, are a lot better people than they are given credit for. No one really WANTS to give up all hope and assume that the administration has crossed that invisible line. Where does that leave us when the 'truth' is known?

We've been beaten down and robbed so much, in the last ten years or so especially, that I think we have become a little numb. We are to the point where as a people, we are ripe for the picking. We're hurting, we're struggling and many of us are conditioned that rather than give up and become 'antisocial' or 'terroristic,' we should try to be positive. I seriously believe that this is one of, if not THE main reason people are relatively quiet. We've been conditioned.

There exists in most Americans, I think, a very rare mix of qualities and perceptions. We believe in change. We MAKE change. We are a patient, thoughtful and societal minded people. We help our neighbors and we support our troops and even our president when he's sucking wind. We get angry and can be quite vengeful as well. We play our roles like we are expected to, until someone pushes us beyond that invisible line and then there WILL be hell to pay.

The thing that I am a little concerned about right now is whether or not we have gotten close enough to that line and whether 'they' even know where the line is as they keep pushing. I will not deceive myself into thinking that Americans will not spill blood if it needs spilled. Under all of our pretentiousness and desire for a quiet, peaceful life, lies revolutionary hearts and souls that do not quit.

The spin is being applied to us incessantly, as it is with many, many nations on this rock. We all bleed red and we all have emotions, but history has shown that the youngster in the family, America, is inhabited by freedom-loving people that are also very capable fighters.

When less than one percent of the population controls the wealth of the world, do you really think they can dig their bunkers deep enough, or pour their concrete walls thick enough to dissuade 200 million angry Americans? I believe they cannot. I believe that once the people of the world, and not just America have been pushed beyond that line that are heels are dug in to now, there WILL be change. Not the 'change' promised by a politician, but the change brought about by desperate, vengeful lovers of peace.

Oh, there WILL be change.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
i don't see how you can believe that change for the better will come at the point of a gun when the simple steps required to change the world by peaceful means are not carried out.

this notion that, somehow, the great, mythical spirit of revolution is going to rise up in the american soul and inspire the people to wrest back control from the hands of the elite in nonsense.

it's just another bloody distraction. it's a shiney, chest thumping bauble.

the american people nearly had the control back, they just aired their democratic voices and said "no bailout", by phone, by fax, by e-mail and by shouting it from the roof tops....... and it worked on the first pass. it scared the crap out of them.

since then, all the effort has been to distract and divide the american people. from themselves, from each other and from the rest of the world. they're trying to divide, manipulate and chest beat you into oppositional behaviour so that you tear each other apart over bull#. they're trying to do it because a united america scared them. the act of everybody just collectively saying "no". that's all.

why the hell would you want blood letting?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
people care but dont want to actually do anything about it. lazyyyy

top topics

join