It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium Suspends Democracy and Civil Rights Over "Swine Flu" Pandemic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The Belgian parliament yesterday voted to give the government emergency dicatorial powers under the pretext of dealing with a pandemic emergency.

Belgium is the first country in Europe to formally suspend democracy and civic rights and to switch over to military rule under the authority of a "a special crisis committee" that answers ultimately to WHO and the UN.

WHO declared a pandemic emergency level 6 in June over the "swine flu" pandemic, allowing governments to activate "emergency measures" that suspend the operation of normal government and justice.

Earlier this summer, the Belgian Health Minister Laurette Onkelinx passed a decree allowing the police to be detailed to participate in "medical emergencies" on the mass vaccination and quarantine of the population.

www.theflucase.com... =41%3Ahighlighted-news&Itemid=105&lang=en

Removed 'All Caps' from title

[edit on 23/9/09 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I dont know how reliable this info is but the original source seems to come from RTL Network.

Could somebody translate and clarify?

www.rtlinfo.be...

[edit on 23/9/09 by parrallel]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It has begun. Get your bags packed and get ready to run. Other countries will follow Belgium now that it has "Saved their citizens" !! The domminos have started to fall.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by parrallel

La Commission de la Santé publique de la Chambre a adopté mardi à l'unanimité, moins l'abstention du Vlaams Belang, un projet de loi accordant des pouvoirs spéciaux au gouvernement en cas d'épidémie ou de pandémie de grippe A (H1N1). En cas d'épidémie, il y aura "urgence à disposer d'un cadre juridique adéquat", a justifié la ministre de la Santé Laurette Onkelinx. Dans ce cas de figure exceptionnel, le processus parlementaire serait trop long. Un arrêté délibéré en Conseil des ministres, serait alors approuvé par le gouvernement et publié au Moniteur après avis du Conseil d'Etat. Le Conseil d'Etat a réagi positivement au projet de loi qui offre la possibilité au gouvernement d'user de pouvoirs spéciaux, une technique rarement utilisée, et qui, dans d'autres circonstance, a parfois prêté le flanc à la controverse.*

*The Commission of public Health of the Room adopted Tuesday unanimously, less the abstention of the Vlaams Belang, a law project granting special strengths to the government in case of epidemic or pandemic of flu HAS (H1N1). In case of epidemic, there will be "urgency to have access to an adequate lawful framework", justified the minister of Health Laurette Onkelinx. In this case of exceptional face, the parliamentary process would be too long. A stopped one deliberate in Counsel of the ministers, then would be approved by the government and published to the Supervisor after opinion of the Counsel of State. The Counsel of State positively reacted to the law project that offers the possibility to the government to wear strengths out special, a rarely used technique, and that, in of other circumstances, sometimes lent the flank to controversy.

It's choppy, poor translation, used an online service, but you can get the idea.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
i ran it through googles translator, the result is

The Commission of Public Health of the House on Tuesday passed unanimously, unless the failure of the Vlaams Belang, a bill granting special powers to the government in case of epidemic or pandemic of influenza A (H1N1). Outbreak, there will be "urgent to have an adequate legal framework," explained the Health Minister Laurette Onkelinx. In such exceptional cases, the parliamentary process would take too long. A Decree in Council of Ministers would then be approved by the Government and published in the Moniteur after consulting the State Council. The State Council has responded positively to the bill that provides the opportunity for the Government to use special powers, a technique rarely used, and which in other circumstances, has sometimes taken the side to the controversy.
original translation

to me, it looks like it is a fairly standard move by the belgian government to give themselves the power to take emergency measures if people start dropping like flies.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

If this is true, then the rest of the world and the media is ignoring it. I tried to search the web for any more info on this but was nit successful.

I second the call for someone to translate the OP's link.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the translation. I did try it myself but didn't post on my edit

So does anybody know if RTL is reliable? I'm sure they are a pretty big news network?

I'm this has passed Parliament I'm sure the rest of Europe will surely follow suit

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
And so begins the downward spiral of Man into a complete facist society, TPTB must be wetting their pants with anticipation and excitement.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrallel
Thanks for the translation. I did try it myself but didn't post on my edit

So does anybody know if RTL is reliable? I'm sure they are a pretty big news network?

RTL is a mainstream TV channel. It is based in Luxembourg but is one of the most-watched channels in Germany. It's not exactly highbrow, but it's definitely not a "cowboy" channel either.

However, this may be a different RTL :\

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Franz]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I also tried a search on this story and came up with nothing.
Yes it looks like the media are ignoring this in the rest of the world.

I have a friend from Belgium but now lives in Holland and he confirms this story so stand by people....things are starting to get bumpy...............

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Here another belgian news source:
www.standaard.be...

Translation (via google translate)

Government has special powers needed to Mexican flu pandemic ' * Tuesday, September 22, 2009 * Source: belga * Author: loa BRUSSELS - The parliamentary committee Health has put the green light Tuesday to a bill that gives the government special powers in the event of a pandemic of the A/H1N1-griep (Mexican flu). Only the Vlaams Belang abstained. Health Minister Laurette Onkelinx stressed Tuesday that in the event of a pandemic emergency is an adequate legal framework for rapid action. In such circumstances, the parliamentary road to cumbersome. The design gives the executive branch, therefore the possibility that a royal decision gives the government special powers. The Council of State gave a positive opinion on the bill. The special powers allow the government if necessary, for example, some professional groups commandeer outside the health sector are to give vaccinations, drugs have spread through the army, restrictions on giving blood removal, etc.. The special powers are however limited in time and only apply in exceptional circumstances. They have one years after the latest date will be confirmed by a law.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
www.dekamer.be...

6° elke situatie te voorkomen en te behandelen die
een probleem stelt voor de volksgezondheid, die bij
hoogdringendheid moet worden opgelost om geen
ernstig gevaar te stellen, en dit binnen het strikte kader
van de griepepidemie of -pandemie die door de Koning
overeenkomstig artikel 2 wordt vastgesteld.
De besluiten bedoeld in het eerste lid mogen de
geldende wettelijke bepalingen opheffen, aanvullen,
wijzigen of vervangen. zelfs inzake aangelegenheden
die de Grondwet uitdrukkelijk aan de wet voorbehoudt.
De besluiten bedoeld in het eerste lid kunnen de
administratieve, burgerrechtelijke en strafrechtelijke
sancties bepalen voor bepaalde overtredingen van die
besluiten.
De strafrechtelijke sancties kunnen geen hogere strafmaat inhouden dans de strafmaat die voor de betrokken
overtredingen is bepaald in de wetgeving die
wordt aangevuld of gewijzigd.

translation: gives power to the king to delegate to government the power to prevent and handle every situation that may pose a problem to public health.
this within the limits of the flu pandemic, and these limits are to be described by the king. he also gets the power to add to, change, adapt or completely remove any articles of the belgian law even when those are specifically protected by the constitution.
also the power to decide administrative, civil justice and criminal justice penalties for the non abiding the new laws.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by omarsharif]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm still not much wiser. Are people putting a very negative and skewed spin on this or is it me being too optimistic? Any Belgian people here?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
LOL
sorry but this makes me chuckle!

I'm belgian and all those translations s*ck.

First of all, in the article from the OP a few extra words are added to spice it up, like
"suspend democracy and civic rights"
"switch over to military rule "
"the police "
"mass" (vaccination)
"quarantine of the population"

The article simply says that in case of a pandemic, it is nececary to act quickly, so the government gets the power to call on "certain, non medical professions" to help with vaccinations, distribute medical suplies, etc... and to [suspend] the limitations on how much blood blooddonors may give.
This all without having to have consent from the parlement, because that would take to long.

There is nothing written about civil rights or quarantines, there hasn't been a quarentine in two months and we have about 11000 cases of the flu now. It doesn't say anything about police or giving power to the military.

actually it not a very interesting article at all

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Reporting in

I saw this on the news yesterday but I'm not worried yet.

First, RTL is like Fox news. They are clearly right wing, and the right is in the opposition now.

Second, our health minister already repeated 100 of times that whatever happen, they will never force people to receive a shot.

Thirdly, this link provides more information on this.

The "special powers" allow the government to speed up (not suppress) the approval process. You have to know that the government in Belgium is very complicated, and that decisions can take years.

Now what these powers grant more specifically, is the possibility to skip the vote from the parliament (but not from the government). The parliament should nevertheless be noticed about any such decision, and a vote should occur within the 12 months, otherwise it will be nullified.

The main objective is to allow the distribution of medecine/vaccine outside the hospitals and pharmacists, such as public services (if the local powers agree). It is to be sure that -if needed- the vaccine could be distributed to those who wish to receive it whitout facing crowds at hospital etc.

The parliament accepted those "special powers" because they are accompagnied with many restrictions for its use.

It is absolutely not about having the power to do anything they want.

And I also repeat that the vaccination is absolutely not mandatory here, and that this law will not change this.

Finally, the vaccine they will use is produced here, on our very own soil, by Belgian scientists (GSK). The factory is a few kilometers away from my home, and I personally know at least 10 people who work there. Many (including me) will not take the shot. Not because we fear there is a hidden agenda and that it will kill us, but because I know first hand the trial period was to short to be any conclusive.

Is it possible to change the thread title ? I'm the first to say my country isn't perfect, but right now, I think U.S. and UK are 1000 steps ahead of us regarding a forced vaccination, and this thread title is VERY misleading.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Not because we fear there is a hidden agenda and that it will kill us, but because I know first hand the trial period was to short to be any conclusive.

why all the media hype over a flu that has proven until now to be less dangerous than the regular type?

- there is no hidden agenda to kill us imho
there is the fake reason of protecting the population
there is an agenda to sell lots of vaccines
there is a hidden agenda to give governments more and more "emergency" powers.

this is a movement that is irreversible

and probably all our poor politicians are doing this with the best intentions in mind.

2 phrases:

-the road to hell is paved with good intentions
-power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely

no human being is pure evil, even hitler, pol pot, stalin, mao had the best intentions at mind.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yeah but Belgium is like the antithesis of the U.S. when it comes to the power of the government and the will to control and deceive the population.

- The Belgian UFO wave was the first time an army officially and publicly said they spotted and chased UFOs, that they didn't had the slightest clue what it was, and that it probably wasn't a Russian or American secret craft (they actually may be wrong on this).

- The government asked an independant organization to study these UFO and to make the conclusion public. The report is available everywhere and is perfectly scientific and not censured.

- Every time the media have the possibilities to point at some politician/jurist/police officer fraud or bad conduct, they all do it.

- In our country the federal power has each year LESS power thank to the will of some parties that want to split the country in at least 2 parts.

- Each year the budget of the army is SMALLER. And each year the same army has less men and less material.

Here we make fun ouf our politician all the time, and there is NEVER any kind of suppression of that.

Clearly, I'm absolutely not affraid at all of my government. I even pity them (a federal minister salary is lower than a regional minister's one, that says a lot about the way we see our country).

[edit on 23-9-2009 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
LOL
sorry but this makes me chuckle!

I'm belgian and all those translations s*ck.

First of all, in the article from the OP a few extra words are added to spice it up, like
"suspend democracy and civic rights"
"switch over to military rule "
"the police "
"mass" (vaccination)
"quarantine of the population"

The article simply says that in case of a pandemic, it is nececary to act quickly, so the government gets the power to call on "certain, non medical professions" to help with vaccinations, distribute medical suplies, etc... and to [suspend] the limitations on how much blood blooddonors may give.
This all without having to have consent from the parlement, because that would take to long.

There is nothing written about civil rights or quarantines, there hasn't been a quarentine in two months and we have about 11000 cases of the flu now. It doesn't say anything about police or giving power to the military.

actually it not a very interesting article at all

Well i found article on "The Flu Case" Website and thought it was worth a post even if some words have been added.
I assure people that the OP was exact what was posted on "The Flu case"
and not my doing. Even if members dissmiss this article as fear mongering or a hoax my only intention was to post a topic of intrest.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

oh yes,
I didn't meant to imply that you added the extra's in the story, I saw them in the sourced article
sry if it came across wrong

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

oh yes,
I didn't meant to imply that you added the extra's in the story, I saw them in the sourced article
sry if it came across wrong

No problem Gypsk......Your input in this thread is most important as you are a citizen of Belgium and any info regarding this subject is is gratefully received
Thanks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join