It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post-9/11 Reclaiming Our Innocence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
When messing around with my avatar and signature (hope you like them) I was struck by something in regards to the 9/11 event which kicked off the 21st century.

The loss of innocence, and how it needs to be reclaimed again, post-9/11.

I think the general sentiment can be best summed up by a very elderly lady who was interviewed in the wake of 9/11, one of those true blue wise old folk, who'd seen it all and been through it all during the 20th century. I can't find a cite for it, I think it was just something someone posted along the way as an anecdotal tid bit, possibly in reference to their own grandmother if I remember correctly. Basically, she was asked about her views on the state of the world and how things have changed, and she said that, after 9/11 there was something different "in the air", but she was not from the New York area so she wasn't talking about the environmental impact around ground zero. She felt that something in the air was just DIFFERENT.

The other night I was talking about this with a small group of people, and when I talked about how things used to be, before 9/11, through the 90's and into the 80's and even the 70's, they all wholeheartedly agreed that something fundamental SHIFTED in the whole psyhic vibe of the world after 9/11, as if the event was much more impactful than just a few planes smashing into some buildings, more fundamental..

Just think back, to before that event, and now, think about how you feel about this whole decade, in the "post-9/11 world"..

Do you know what I mean - it's hard to describe, but it's most definitely there, a whole different feel and presence, as if something was well LOST back there on that tragic day (regardless of what your views on 9/11 may be, where as provided in the official story and by the 9/11 Commission, or otherwise).

I can feel it. It's not really GONE I don't think, but by God I want it back, and everyone else seems to feel the same way.

And I'm sure it's not just 9/11 either but a whole host of factors, which have all contributed to this almost palpable loss of innocence, but it's there, and it's REAL, imo.

It's not just a purely subjective thing. It's like "something in the air" changed, a spiritual wind or something, which just stopped blowing.

It's very hard to describe, so I'd ask that you chime in on this, and I guess my question to you, is, how might we get it BACK?

When contemplating your response, I invite you to click on my new signature pic, and play a new remake of an old song, two songs merged together really, and ask yourself if what I'm saying is true, that the feeling tone of the world, or the collective unconsciousness, has changed, and not for the better, but that there still remains, somewhere "out there" that quintessential something, as if it never completely went away, and might be recalled, if we so choose.

Regards,

OmegaPoint

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
P.S. Do you ever cry? Like just bawl your eyes out over the state of the world?

I used to.

I'd like to start crying again I think, I need to.

It's all good, but there's reason to be very sad these days I think..

Reasons to be happy sure, but if you're a sentitive person like me you MUST feel it, in a big way, what I'm getting at and trying to describe..

[edit on 23-9-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

It ws nice to see a 9/11 thread that didn't include the cast of characters from conspiracy central casting.

Me? I'm still PO'd when I think about it. Don't know how innocent I was before.

Maybe naive.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I've found that you can easily detect the difference in the quality of that unnamable quintessential somethingness which the 9/11 event altered - by observing the difference in atmosphere and tone in movies made pre and post 9/11.

I can't name it or describe it, but it's definitely there, there's a difference in the feeling tone of the background of life.

I've found that lots of excercise, combined with good nutrition and meditation can help bring it back, that vital somethingness which was lost, and as I said in the OP, it's not neccessarily lost at all and can be recalled and reclaimed by choice.

Once you've differentiated it, or distinguished it, the difference, then, the same way of being and way of life can re-present itself, and the whole fiasco, and everything we've been through as a result of that event, can I think be brought to an end, and a new beginning, where you come full circle, to the place where you first started and come to know it again as if for the first time.

Or do you think I'm out to lunch with this analysis, that something fundamental, something quintessential changed, and not for the better, on September 11th, 2001..?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Keep in mind that 9/11 was what drew this country into our decade long "War on Terrorism". Sure it had been brewing long since. But the actual war started there. And every friggin day of our crappy lives, we had that ugly ape pounding it into our brains that we have to "fight the evil terrorists". So yeah, something has changed. Alot has changed.

And it was probably that so many people were brainwashed into thinking that war is a good thing. War=meanies go boom. Screw peace....who needs it anyways. Peace is just the laymans term for "not enough profit"

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

If the whole damn thing were revealed to be a deadly hoax, and I don't mean we don't need to recognize that there is such a thing as terrorism or that vigilence against it needn't be maintained, but if, in general, we were just sold a bill of goods, very possibility including even the 9/11 event itself, as something which was planned and scripted out, in advance, and then made to happen on purpose - do you think in light of that, if it was rendered as nothing but a myth commonly shared (just assume for the sake of argument that this is the case, in reality), that a return path would open up, to the lost innocence of our pre-9/11 days..?

What if it was all a Big Lie?

Yes, people died - but within that context, nothing really did change. Just that mass murder was committed and unjust war waged by evil doers within for nefarious and machiavellian reasons, but in terms of the REALITY we live in and the air we breath, or the REALM of possibilty and general (I can't describe it) which existed before 9/11, isn't that still like here, with us, and in us, and around us..?

For young people, it must be very troubling, and depressing, this world, but for some of us who've been around since the 70's and 80's, there is a remembrance of another time, seemingly, of another world, and another way of being which was more innocent, more Godly somehow..

Zelikow (Chief 9/11 Mythmaker) was right to posit (this was three years prior) that an act of catastrophic terrorism would divide the world and history, into a "before, and after", but if it's all just bullshiit, then that is bullshiit too, right?

[edit on 28-9-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

If the whole damn thing were revealed to be a deadly hoax, and I don't mean we don't need to recognize that there is such a thing as terrorism or that vigilence against it needn't be maintained, but if, in general, we were just sold a bill of goods, very possibility including even in terms of the 9/11 event itself as something which was planned and scripted out, in advance, and then made to happen on purpose - do you think in light of that, if it was rendered as nothing but a myth commonly shared, that a return path would open up, to the lost innocence of our pre-9/11 days..?

What if it was all a Big Lie?

Yes, people died - but within that context, nothing really did change. Just that mass murder was committed and unjust war waged by evil doers within for nefarious and machiavellian reasons, but in terms of the REALITY we live in and the air we breath, or the REALM of possibilty and general (I can't describe it) which existed before 9/11, isn't that still like here, with us, and in us, and around us..?

For young people, it must be very troubling, and depressing, this world, but for some of us who've been around since the 70's and 80's, there is a remembrance of another time.

Zelikow (Chief 9/11 Mythmaker) was right to posit (this was three years prior) that an act of catastrophic terrorism would divide the world and history, into a "before, and after", but it it's all just bullshiit, then that is bullshiit too, right?

Oh I agree with the last quote. Definitely it would divide the world into two timeframes if it were big enough of a catastrophe. But look back at Pearl Harbor. 9/11 was this century's pearl harbor. Save for the fact that instead of an evil empire of Suicide Kamikaze's, we have an evil empire that is run by a dude in a cave, with a dialysis machine.

In the words of Katt Williams "Terror don't even have a home address. I think we can assume that terror isn't doing too well right now".

I agree with Katt. And yet, we are still over there. Even with our Anti-Christ superstar of a president that just got elected, we have not pulled out.

Personally, whether 9/11 was fabricated or not. The events afterwards have left our country in virtual ruins. Even things like the mortgage crisis were caused indirectly by that VERY day. This entire war has been nothing more than a cause for propaganda. And every year we hear of more money that just disappears.

What was lost? Everything was lost. That thing that you can't put your finger on. That innocence. It was our freedom. Our freedom as a nation is gone. It was planned for decades and it finally came to pass. Yes, we CAN get it back. But, will we? Probably not. MSM and big FED have done a great job in assuring us that everything is just fine the way it is.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I think the whole world was RAPED on 9/11, but not by bin Laden and his 19.

It was a rape of consciousness, and then it continued, with all the looting and killing in the name of "justice" and "security".

The whole thing is a disrace, and that Obama has not pulled out of Iraq, has not closed Gitmo, is continuing with indefinite detention and I've heard even the practice of rendition, and that he has not reversed any Bush laws, curtailed the surveillance and excessive wiretapping, and has blown another 2 trillion, perhaps unneccessarily, as the economic cycles always turn eventually - well the whole damn thing is a disgrace.

It's something "in the air", yes, a loss of freedom, and something else too, a facade, a thing veneer of normalcy covering up something almost too hideous to even begin to contemplate or understand, but it's hurt our consciousness and our conscience, it's been hurtful to humanity, and to civilization.

Sometimes I post these things in the hopes that they might get read by people who CAN do something about it.

Obama is one big dissapointment though I have to say. There was a good vibe when he was elected, but that's all gone now.

top topics

join