It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Denial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The greatest and perhaps the only conspiracy that will be recorded is that of the most acute and obvious.

Not one human being has been able to communicate to all and all the purpose of life , and where we came from and where we are going.

Not one human being, has effectively communicated the secret,some say Love is the secret, some say power, some say evil,some say nothingness, some say, humbleness, some say meditate,some say congregate,who is right?
Become a born again Christian, become if you are allowed a Jew , become a Buddhist a muslim, a confuscian,a Hindu,an Athiest,Gnostic,Scientologist,ect ect, you will be lectured by Humans and you will eventually see the cracks.

Perhaps the greatest conspiracy is the one we all ignore.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
You know ,there is a reason why "a mere Humans" is used. There are challenges we cannot answer to. It does not make the ride less interesting,however. So unless you uncover this conspiracy and tell me what is the answer "to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" - enjoy the ride.
By the way - it is 42.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Or is it ? the question is very very very hard?
We shut down and continue on the easier things?
Just at least ponder that.
Imagine three or four billion people devoting at least six hours a day to the mystery of life.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

9 women cannot deliver child in a month. There is a certain limit to what numbers can do, i am not a fan of trillions of monkeys eventually writing Hamlet theory. So while i welcome addressing more time to spiritual things, and less to shopping - i fail to see how answer can be found without major change in our brainpower.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Not one human being has been able to communicate
the purpose of life

What is the "purpose" of playing golf? Is it to place balls in holes? is it to win tournaments? Is it to enjoy yourself? What is the purpose of marriage? Is it to produce children? Is it to to have regular access to sex? Is it to pool resources with another individual? What is the purpose of working a job? Is it to make money? Is it to contribute meaningfully to society? is it to give you something to do during the day?

Every aspect of a life can have a variety of purposes. Why would you assume that life itself should only have a single purpose? Why would you assume that anyone other than you would be able to tell you what that purpose is? Do you need others to explain to you why you play golf? Why you seek companionship? Why you do anything and everything that you do?

Only you can answer this question.

Not one human being, has effectively communicated the secret

Do you seek the same qualities in a relationship, in a job, a lifestyle...as your parents? As your neighbors? If an enlightened master could effectively communicate to you his reason for living, would you expect it to have any relation to yours?

I can no more give you your reason for living than I can explain to you why you enjoy what you do in your spare time. Oh...maybe I can explain to you why I enjoy what I do in my spare time. But my reasons will not be your reasons.

Communicating mine will not give you yours.

the secret

Knowledge is only a secret if it is known, and withheld.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
That's exactly where the problem lies: we think we think with our brains. And unfortunately we have trained ourselves to believe just that! We no longer feel things. We have, for whatever reason, decided that the brain is the seat of knowledge when it is in fact the heart that knows all.

The more we go around looking to break things into smaller and smaller bits while searching over a wider and wider area for information and proofs thereof, the more we deceive ourselves about the nature of what is.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think our problem is we ask the wrong questions. I believe deep down we know the answer but we seek the right question and we will keep asking the wrong questions until the right one is found, and when it is we will know...

PEACE!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Not one human being has been able to communicate
the purpose of life

What is the "purpose" of playing golf? Is it to place balls in holes? is it to win tournaments? Is it to enjoy yourself? What is the purpose of marriage? Is it to produce children? Is it to to have regular access to sex? Is it to pool resources with another individual? What is the purpose of working a job? Is it to make money? Is it to contribute meaningfully to society? is it to give you something to do during the day?

Every aspect of a life can have a variety of purposes. Why would you assume that life itself should only have a single purpose? Why would you assume that anyone other than you would be able to tell you what that purpose is? Do you need others to explain to you why you play golf? Why you seek companionship? Why you do anything and everything that you do?

Only you can answer this question.

Not one human being, has effectively communicated the secret

Do you seek the same qualities in a relationship, in a job, a lifestyle...as your parents? As your neighbors? If an enlightened master could effectively communicate to you his reason for living, would you expect it to have any relation to yours?

I can no more give you your reason for living than I can explain to you why you enjoy what you do in your spare time. Oh...maybe I can explain to you why I enjoy what I do in my spare time. But my reasons will not be your reasons.

Communicating mine will not give you yours.

the secret

Knowledge is only a secret if it is known, and withheld.

Read carefully your reply, and yes your central theme of personal variations in relation to lifes meaning does strike a chord,it is comparable to the Buddhist teachings of Karma and rebirth.
But I was attempting perhaps rather dischordantly as it turns out, to include collective responsibility to our shared existence.
All war and murder goes against what we wish for ourselves and our loved ones, yet we all tacitly sanction it against others...if the media tell us they are deserving of special treatment, ie Iraqis,native Aboriginies,native Indians , Gypsies,Tibetans, Palestinians, ect ect ect ect .
If enough intellectual or govt employees say aye they are bad , then we can do anything,but asking the meaning of life to be meditated upon instead of directing hatred and violence towards the weak is somehow deemed a theoretical exercise.
We all as individuals ultimately err due to ignorance ,and the ignorant exist as rulers due to this continued perpetuation of the very same ignorance.

If as a collective ignorance we cannot change then collectively we will exist in such ignorance forever?

new topics

top topics

join