It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia NOW!!!! in grip of Apocalypse?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Totally agree it's mother nature.

How mother nature reacts to even greater forces may be up for grabs, perhaps. Hmm the Sun is full of suprises

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This might be another sign of a bad winter for N.America. I say this because the strong winds in Australia. I'm not a meteorologist but I notice every winter the winds come from the south pacific to the north then back down through Canada and the states. It's like a wave pattern. The pressure pushing north means a deep southern troth coming down through Canada. Not only that but the huge number of acorns this year. Another sign?

We could have a hell of a deep freeze this winter. Get prepared just in case.

www.almanac.com...

[edit on 22-9-2009 by cloakndagger]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
CLEAR BLUE SKIES NOW!
And look there no demon here!
Go back to your business people, nothing to see here....

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
My granddaughter a bit southeast of Melbourne was very upset by the earthquakes and tells me that she and her children will be returning to Canada (apparently attending to move in with me on the farm, they are more than welcome).

My grandson in Sydney made the same comments about "living on Mars" but he didn't have any concerns "No worries, gran".....

There are unusual weather events going on in the U.S. State of Georgia, and at the moment I am visiting a child of mine in Texas and the rain has been fairly constant but no serious flooding. The rain is very much needed for these acquifers.

I will spend some time praying for the Anglo-sphere today. If it is not weather then it is David Rockefeller wanted to reduce the population by killing the likes of me.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
WOW - www.environment.nsw.gov.au...

200 (scaled measure) particles in Sydney is considered extreame, we're currently at 3700+

to put that in perspective, we usually sit on 30-60, and up to 150-250 during bushfires, several days most years.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Caveat Lector]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Its not the apocalypse

I experienced this weather yesterday, long before it reaches the east coast. In fact I actually called it. Did this thread yesterday which explains how and why this weather is occuring

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
My granddaughter a bit southeast of Melbourne was very upset by the earthquakes and tells me that she and her children will be returning to Canada (apparently attending to move in with me on the farm, they are more than welcome).

You're kidding? She's more likely to twist her ankle going to the airport than be injured by the tiny little tremor we had here.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caveat Lector
WOW - www.environment.nsw.gov.au...

200 (scaled measure) particles in Sydney is considered extreame, we're currently at 3700+

to put that in perspective, we usually sit on 30-60, and up to 150-250 during bushfires, several days most years.

No one wants to alarm without any due cause, but the majority of the soil s coming from the west, and not too long ago less than two months ago a piggery in the West of NSW was isolated due to Pigs catching swine flu off human workers at the location.
Dust containing spores and insecticides has been carried into citys,spreading what?
No person has escaped breathing in the dust and its disease?
This is perhaps the catalyst that we will all remember ,at least in oz?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragon33

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

You're kidding? She's more likely to twist her ankle going to the airport than be injured by the tiny little tremor we had here.

Mock, but is it truly a coincidence that we have been bombarded with articles,( newspaper and pay TV ) of the facts that Australia and indeed most nations are sitting literally on dormant volcanoes?
We have been told that we are overdue for a major catastrophic eruption
any year now, and in fact we are 300 years overdue.
We need not to panic but we need not be complacent either?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Seems like you mob on the east coast are finally getting the taste of a severe dust storms as we in the Territory have been getting for decades up until the late 80's they just simply disappeared from the centre.

I mean these dust storms we had you could see them rolling toward us in from the south toward Alice Springs thick and red and when it finally hit us all vehicles came to a dead stop too dangerous to navigate through it.

I mean thick dust! but the wind was so intense added to the danger.
No one was on the streets but safe inside buildings and vehicles until it became clear enough to move safely.

So its old hat to us just that the winds have changed direction in the last decade.

Keep watching, more to come, invest in dust masks.

most of the dust is topsoil from South Australia and whatever else the winda have picked up along the way. could cause other problems thn respitory.

Take care AA

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Seems like you mob on the east coast are finally getting the taste of a severe dust storms as we in the Territory have been getting for decades up until the late 80's they just simply disappeared from the centre.

I mean these dust storms we had you could see them rolling toward us in from the south toward Alice Springs thick and red and when it finally hit us all vehicles came to a dead stop too dangerous to navigate through it.

I mean thick dust! but the wind was so intense added to the danger.
No one was on the streets but safe inside buildings and vehicles until it became clear enough to move safely.

So its old hat to us just that the winds have changed direction in the last decade.

Keep watching, more to come, invest in dust masks.

most of the dust is topsoil from South Australia and whatever else the winds have picked up along the way. could cause other problems than just respitory.

Take care AA

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Oooops sorry about double post.

must have dust in my eye.

AA

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Fires earthquakes and dust storms are business as usual here in southern California. Look to Florida for the floods.
There is just something about oranges that really pisses God off and I'll bet Australia has a grove or two that drew the disaster.

But seriously I would not call what they have Armaggedon. All those things happen and you plan for them when you build. It seems worse because developers are building cheap wood framed houses in places that are not really safe to make money off of people who need a house and look more at the oven and bathroom rather than if it is on a cliff that will slide or in a canyon that will turn into a firestorm at the first spark. (If you have to live in a firezone the house should be fireproof - ie made of brick & rebar or asbestos paneling but it also should be earthquake proof and those do not usually go together)

[edit on 23-9-2009 by ..5..]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
eww australia
id be more worried aobut teh millinos of poisonous insects and snakes surrounding you.

LOL foreign people make such a big deal about it when down here it's no more than an afterthought!

It's just a way of life for us. We see a Funnelweb or a Redback spider we either avoid them or grab a can of insect spray (or a boot - nothing like going back to basics). We see a snake we stand still and let him slither on his way (not that city-people see many snakes - that's more in the rural and outback areas).

Apply that to just about every poisonous little critter we have down here. Everyone knows the rules and what to do if you see one or get bitten and nobody panics or worries too much about it.

[edit on 23/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wish you the best the SOHO is down for two weeks and I cannot see if the SUN IS active but hope its not the end (WONDERS IF THE SOHO WILL BE BACK UP FOR 10-09-09 WHEN THE MOON IS DUE TO BE BOMBED) SMH We do got massive FLOODING IN GEORGIA, US AND LARGE DUST STORM IN CALIFORNIA, USA so not sure if this is a co inkydink (someone needs to get sun pic access ASAP).

[edit on 9/23/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

Nothing as interesting in North Carolina.

The interesting thing here in North Carolina is that it has been a LOT cooler this summer. My open Office Doc search just crashed (sighhh) so I am not going to bother looking up the actual numbers. However we had several 98F days in May of 2004 but did not have weather that hot this sumer until August. June was a high of 95F.

This is definitely an unusual time but it is part of the natural cycle.
The sun is very quiet sunspot wise, but the brightness is varying. This is effecting our weather.
“The Sun is a powerful and highly variable source of ultraviolet and X radiation, which has major effects on our environment.” Author: David H. Hathaway spacescience.spaceref.com...

"In addition to irradiance modulation from active region passage, the SSI values for wavelengths with a brightness temperature greater than 5770 K show a brightening with decreasing solar activity, whereas those with lower brightness temperatures show a dimming." adsabs.harvard.edu...

“While total solar irradiance changes by 0.1 percent, the change in the intensity of ultraviolet light varies by much larger amounts, scientists have discovered. Research shows such variations in the Sun's emissions can affect the ozone layer and the way energy moves both vertically and horizontally through the atmosphere.” www.nasa.gov...

MAGNETIC FIELDS
Recent increase in speed of magnetic poles drift, affecting oceans’ conveyor belt circulation.
hal.archives-ouvertes.fr...

“The average pressure of the solar wind has dropped more than 20% since the mid-1990s … the speed of the million mph solar wind hasn't decreased much—only 3%. The change in pressure comes mainly from reductions in temperature and density. The solar wind is 13% cooler and 20% less dense. The solar wind isn't inflating the heliosphere as much as it used to … That means less shielding against cosmic rays. Ulysses also finds that the sun's underlying magnetic field has weakened by more than 30% since the mid-1990s”.....

The magnetic pole in Northern Canada has been weakening as it shifts across the Arctic to Siberia.....

The overall intensity of the magnetic field has decreased.
“Measurements have been made of the Earth's magnetic field more or less continuously since about 1840. If we look at the trend in the strength of the magnetic field over this time (for example the so-called 'dipole moment' shown in the graph below) we can see a downward trend. ... We also know from studies of the magnetisation of minerals in ancient clay pots that the Earth's magnetic field was approximately twice as strong in Roman times as it is now.”

The Earth’s magnetic field “acts as a shield against the bombardment of particles continuously streaming from the sun. Because the solar particles (ions and electrons) are electrically charged, they feel magnetic forces and most are deflected by our planet's magnetic field. However, our magnetic field is a leaky shield and the number of particles breaching this shield depends on the orientation of the sun’s magnetic field. … Twenty times more solar particles cross the Earth’s leaky magnetic shield when the sun’s magnetic field is aligned with that of the Earth compared to when the two magnetic fields are oppositely directed” www.appinsys.com...

EARTH ROTATION

Abstract The long-term fluctuation of the Schwabe period (LSP) of sunspots number (SSN) has been found to have high correlation with the variation of the length-of-day (LOD) in low frequency by using the data of smoothed monthly mean SSN during 1818–1999 and the method of wavelet transform. Analyses indicate that the maximum correlation coefficient between the series of LSP and LOD during 1892–1997 is about 0.9, with a time lag of about 5 years for the LOD related to the LSP. Though the maximum correlation coefficients between the LSP and the other two LOD series (1818–1997) reduce to about 0.4, they remain over the thresholds of 95% confidence level. This suggests new evidence for possible impact of solar activity on the long-term fluctuation of the earth rotation.
www.springerlink.com...

Seismic activity in 2008 is apparently FIVE TIMES what it was twenty years ago.

...the global annual energy of earthquakes on Earth began increasing very fast since 1990.
It was not until the late 1970s that scientists discovered the existence of vast plumbing systems under the oceans called hydrothermal vents. The systems pull in cold water, superheat it, then spit it back out from seafloor vents--a process that brings up not only hot water, but dissolved substances from rocks below. Unique life-forms feed off the vents' stew, and valuable minerals, including gold, may pile up. www.nsf.gov...

THE SOLAR WOLF-GLEISSBERG CYCLE AND ITS INFLUENCE ON THE EARTH:
Shahinaz M. Yousef , Astronomy &Meteorology Dept. -Cairo University

“The only continuous solar observations that extend over the important climatic time scale of decades to centuries are those of sunspots, yielding a measure of magnetic activity. There are evidences for the modulation of the amplitude of the 11 year solar cycle in a period of about 80 years known as Wolf-Gleissberg cycle. The Cycle seems to be fairly clear in the sunspot record and in its proxy measurements by cosmogenic isotopes. The cycle appears to show up in many meteorological parameters, suggesting that there may be an important sun/climate connection over long periods of time(Hoyt and Schatten 1997).... “A growing mass of evidence suggests that transient events on the sun affect our weather and long term variations of the sun’s energy output affect our climate.
virtualacademia.com...

Other Cycles:

2001 Royal Meteorological Society
Abrupt and sudden climatic transitions and fluctuations: a review: A number of persistent oscillations exist, particularly one about 1500 years, but their amplitudes vary considerably between time periods. The Holocene appears to be no more climatically benign than the similar period in the Eemian. The importance of the North Atlantic thermohaline circulation for generating abrupt climatic changes in Europe, particularly in association with sudden pulses of fresh water, is illustrated. The concept of antiphase temperature changes between the North and South Atlantic is discussed. Externally generated abrupt climatic deteriorations owing to explosive volcanic eruptions and variations in solar irradiance are also discussed.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

well there have been earthquakes and freak weather phenomena in parts of southeast asia

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
something surely is going on, but what that is the question. could it all be man made just like nasa said they released that cloud maker last week hmmm one has to wonder perhaps au is a training ground.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join