It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia NOW!!!! in grip of Apocalypse?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Within 48 hours the nation of Australia has experienced floods ,fires,earthquakes and now as I post a head spinning dust storm stretching some one thousand kilometres down the East coast of Australia, Airports are closed, the Authoroties are being tight lipped, but there is no precedent for the magnitude of events.
Are we witnessing the beginning of the end? or is it all coincidence, I have closed all my windows as the insiduous odour of dust permeates everything the sky is turning orange in Queensland the wind is growing stronger.
Are fellow forumites in other countries experiencing similar things?

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Dr Conspire]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Nothing as interesting in North Carolina.

All is normal here.

Saw some pics of the dust storm you guys are going through. Looks crazy.

Hope you can breath fresh air again soon!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Wonder if the dust clouds could be related to the forced aerosol particles in outer space the other day?

I have a feeling a lot of this "natural phenomena" is actually man-made.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well, I checked the radar at work earlier and the dust storm was moving over to New Zea land.

It looked insane, I didn't expect to see it come back..

So its the same again, another dust storm from hell?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Lots of threads discussing lots of busy weather in Australia:

Earth Quake In Melbourne Australia
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Severe Weather, southern Australia 21/9 and 22/9/09

Crazy Weather the past 24 hours in Australia

Sydney turns red: dust storm blankets city

Stay safe, Aussies

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Nothing like that is currently happening in the US, at least in southeast Pennsylvania. The only thing exiting around here is the warning today from Homeland Security to alert that stadiums and hotels are possible terrorist targets. The PTB are probably just using their usual scare tactics to divert from the bad economy, joblessness, etc. Good luck, it sounds like you folks downunder are having a rough go of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Seriously?
Its just a stronger than normal westerly wind.
Most of West/Central NSW is still in drought and the winds are picking up all the loose dirt not being held down by vegitation.
Deny Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Tulkos has it.

Queensland is the same, long years of drought, big winds wipping up the loose red soil and blowing it over our entire eastern coast. I'm 2.5 hours from Brisbane and woke up to an orange sky and not being able to breather properly for the dust getting into the old house.

Back in 77 or 78 while In Adelaide I saw a massive wall of red dust approaching. It spanned horizon to horizon and was at lest 1,000 feet high. It rained when the storm arrived and everything was left with a thick coating of brown mud. So we went and played in it.

Wish it would rain now though. Breathing is not easy.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tulkos

Chill dude.

I don't think he said Aliens were causing it or anything.

Just weird weather.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
interesting all this happens whilst Rudd is overseas at the g20 climate change meeting
wonder how soon until this is all blamed on man made global warming

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Well Im sending my firstborn son to stay with family in europe at this rate... I just cant wait for it to start raining toads.... toads and dusty orange turnips.... yummmmmmmm.

Ciao from the 'gong

Dave

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dallas18
interesting all this happens whilst Rudd is overseas at the g20 climate change meeting
wonder how soon until this is all blamed on man made global warming

it wasthe liberals! Those damn liberals did it again... way to go, bringing on the apocalypse...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yeah we here in Brisbane just got the whole Dust storm about 1 and 1/2 hours ago and it is so thick and you can taste it when you breathe

Dust storm hits Brisbane at High Noon

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
eww australia
id be more worried aobut teh millinos of poisonous insects and snakes surrounding you.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
eww australia
id be more worried aobut teh millinos of poisonous insects and snakes surrounding you.

LOL they will be lucky to breathe in this dust storm

This is midday too!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

someone has a sig around here about "teh".

I think I am starting to believe the conspiracy around this.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm here in Sydney and can say this was absolutely unprecedented. The sky was so red and full of sand it looked like we were on Mars. It's around 2pm now and seems to have settled a great deal.

This occurred in the morning and persisted for many hours. I've got some of the dust collected and it's very red, as found in Far western NSW or even in the Southern Northern territory region. A very long way away from Sydney!

I don't believe we've recorded sediment this far in Sydney before, at least in such sheer mass (easily thousands of tonnes).

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
There is some bad flooding in the USA.

www.star-telegram.com...

Reported 9 have died.

No estimate on damages yet.

Probably nothing but bad weather, but it is recent.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have a feeling I know what Paul Hogan said when he woke up this morning.

" Ya call THAT a dust storm " ???

Scary stuff, not paul hogan, but the dust storm. Has to be bad for you, you should head down to the hardware store and buy some respirator's. seriously.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
LMAO

Ummm no.
OZ weatherman a member and FSME let me know this was coming a while ago, explainable by the weather.

Weve seen worse, the Victoria bushfires and Canberra firestorm, now that was apoclyptic, just because it looks all hellfirish, doesnt mean its not just mother nature

[edit on 22-9-2009 by zazzafrazz]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join