It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes you search?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What is it that makes you need to search for the unknown?

God? Aliens? Micro-organisms? MACRO-ORGANISMS?

What is it that just makes you need to learn more and more? Even beyond that, what is it that drives you to believe in what you believe. If you are so firm in your beliefs as you claim, then why do you come to AboveTopSecret.com? What is that ONE thing that you need clarified?

So, here's a template to go by. Take it or leave it.

State your beliefs without backing them up with evidence.

Here, evidence is defined as an outside source of information; meaning, whatever you know now without any sources or tags or anything.

Answer the question, "What makes you search?" Feel free to be as vague or as specific as you will.

Allow me to be your role model.

I believe in a single and static universe with two* layers. I believe in God, a god beyond all reality, physical and spiritual. I believe in Truth and Loyalty over Success and Wealth. I believe in directness over politics - meaning you won't see me be nice or butter-up my words. I believe in a happy heart but a mind of sorrow. I believe in 10% of what society tells me. I believe "taking offense" is a natural human thing. That being said, I think "taking offense" is boring and a sign of dull-mindedness. Yes, I get offended sometimes. I get over it quick. Sometimes quicker than I can get offended. I'm well trained.

I believe in tangents. They're everywhere. So are circles. They have to be, or else where would tangents be?

I believe in thinking above reading. I believe in imagination above reading. Having said that, reading is an excellent way to use up life points. Once you use up all your life points, you are dead. Hence the term, "Zero."

I believe in believing in everything. Nothing cannot be believed. That having been said, there is a whole lotta "Nothing" out there.

Knowing that I am going to die is what makes me search. I am no longer afraid of death as I was. Now I am curious. I've replayed thousands of ways to die in my mind. I feel as though I've felt the transition to death hundreds of times. I would go on to explain these things, but if you're anything like I was a few years ago, you would have daymares. But, because I am going to die, I feel it is my obligation to earn as many Truth points as possible. That being said, I've used backspace as an honesty-check many times during this process.

All in all and without joking, I believe in love. And I found love. My wife and my soon to be born child. I want them to know that I am the master of my domain and that whatever I choose to be my domain, it simply is. I want them to know that I am a fair and honest and good master of my domain. I want them to know that I know that I can make mistakes like anyone else and not have to hide them. I want them to know that they don't have to be afraid of life or death. I want them to know that God loves them. I want them to know that whatever other life there is out there, the peons of that civilization love them, too. Maybe even the elites. There could be a civilization out there beyond the class system! Who knows. Regardless, I want them to know these things. I want them to be full of love and intelligence and wit and yet at the same time, seeming as masters of their domains, be able to humble when it is time to humble and bow when it is time to bow.

And because I love them so much, I am even more connected to the world. I recognize my own humility, but also expect the same from everyone else. Humility and honor. NOT FALSE HUMILITY which makes me want to gag about as bad as a soap opera and fake honor which makes me want to break someone's arm... Grr...

So, I search for intelligence. I search for heart. I search for love. I search for true knowledge and true wisdom. I search for true wit. I search for those who can realize that the border's society has placed on us, be it by the government, or through knowledge, or through spirituality, or what have you - these borders are only as a guide.

In conclusion, I ask "What makes you search?"

*two, not as in "two fingers" but more like "this finger is split into two".

I edited because I talk like a redneck sometimes. I also edited to clarify on the handy-dandy asterisk.

[edit on 9/22/2009 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Pain makes me search. The pain of being so flawed in my reasoning. The pain of what I perceive the world to be. The pain of repeating old mistakes. I need to learn so I don't have to hurt. It's very selfish, for me.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I want to know more.

Imagine a bell going off everytime I learned something. Just reading ATS it'd sound like the tabernacle choir in my house.

I don't know everything yet. So, I'm going to look, search, and ask questions until I do.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Pain makes me search. The pain of being so flawed in my reasoning. The pain of what I perceive the world to be. The pain of repeating old mistakes. I need to learn so I don't have to hurt. It's very selfish, for me.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that even for all the unselfishness in the world that it is still selfish on my part to want things my way!

I understand whole-heartedly.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

I want to know more.

Imagine a bell going off everytime I learned something. Just reading ATS it'd sound like the tabernacle choir in my house.

I don't know everything yet. So, I'm going to look, search, and ask questions until I do.

Why do you want to know more? What does it matter whether you know everything yet or not?

And yes, I agree. Reading ATS is pretty much as you describe.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Why do I search? It is a good question but I don't really think about it too often. It comes as second nature. I guess it is a series of independent thoughts that have lead me to search for truth and reason in it all.

I search for the way to become enlightened, because I truly believe that it is within all of our capabilities to become God. We are each God. There was once A God and we were created in its image with such potential.

I search for the age old reason that many people have searched for, the great meaning of life. Why are we here? What is our purpose? I believe it is held within all human intuition to search for this, regardless of how obvious it is or not.

Lastly, I search for the one thing that I have always dreamed of and the one thing that seems to be absent from the world. It is the one thing that breaks me down to depression when I think about how it lacks and I just cannot fathom why. If humans have so much potential, if we have the abilities to do it, then why DON'T WE?!

I of course am talking about "the greater good". Morals and ethics are embedded within each and every human but it seems that the longer I live, the more disappointed in my species I become; the more I think about taking my own life because I don't want to be a part of the mess that we as human beings have created, where all of the darkness far outweighs the light.

I search to hopefully find a point where humans can understand the greater good... and that maybe I might have the privilege to be a part of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

You know, one of the interesting things I've discovered about ATS is that regardless of how insane I think some people here are, it would seem that 95% of the people here are good-natured. Of course, we've all been fooled before, right?

No matter how you look at it, humans have not progressed in the area of honesty and truth. In fact, if we were to believe in the theory of evolution, I would say that honesty and truth are exempt!

I think when we consider the other life and civilizations out there in the middle of our gigantic, dark, plasma-like placenta of a universe, we should realize that honesty and truth are beyond our physical reality. We cannot assume that other civilizations just "get along" because their technology is "Real cool, man."

And the fact will remain this way: Even if God finally shows Himself, or holds the mirror up to everyone as you might rather think, and people decide that God is real and believe in God, there will still be differences as far as personality, structure, abilities, etc..

The awesome thing to realize is that since all energy has always existed, that every part of us has existed forever in a different form. That means that given an infinite period of "time", that all this exact energy that I carry with me now could re-amass in the future! Would my consciousness be the same? Is my conscioussness based on my physical reality or on a thought plane toward which we pay little heed? Or maybe, our consciousness is a total collection of many awarenesses and when we die, our perception changes greatly but the consciousness is there and has always been there.

I mean... I am my mom and my dad, but I certainly don't think that my consciousness is theirs. Then again, I will be a dad here in a few weeks, so I'll find out, won't I?!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Knowledge hunger.
Being disappointed of the known "world" and how the clockwork of this society works.
Knowing that almost all we see in the media is fake and/or covering somebody's a$$ (When i was in journalism, they didn't stop to tell us that. I started that career... to reveal the truth. And knowing that "telling the truth" for them was "let's give this truth a heavy make up or hide it from the people completely" killed my vocation. I leaved)
My love for books and investigation.

And at last but not least, my analytic view of the world mixed with my conviction of everything being possible, no matter how weird may it sound.
(also some weird experiences I've had and the strange conception of the universe i have, that i want to prove if it's viable or not, however that's something extra to everything i wrote above )

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Caggy]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I first came to ATS to learn more about subjects that interested me, mostly UFOs and Aliens. I love learning new things and this site it perfect for it! So...I believe 9/11 was an inside job, aliens are real and are here and have been coming here for centuries, there is something more to Ancient Egypt that someone doesnt want us to know(Ive always felt this way but that is just me) I dont believe in Atlantis in the traditional sense....I want to know more about spirituality, Astral projection which Im reading about now....ummm I also enjoy the 2012 forum. I dont believe in Planet X really but I do feel something is going to happen to bring about change that year and I think it will be a good thing. I think anything is possible which is why I usually dont doubt many things because how do we really know its NOT true?? I really love learning about Mars
I have my own theories on that which Im working on a thread for but its taking time. I believe our ancestors were visited by aliens and I also think we dont give them enough credit for what they were about to do in their time......I am not so sure on how the universe was made, I feel that is something maybe we are not to know or maybe will never know. Something are better left a mystery IMO....The mind is an amazing things and I really enjoy reading about things such as mind control. I believe in it 100%
Ok I think thats all of it
Honestly I like to read and learn about everything. I am like a sponge
I enjoy learning

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Trinity: I know why you’re here, Neo. I know what you’ve been doing… why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You’re looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn’t really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It’s the question that drives us, Neo. It’s the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.
Neo: What is the Matrix?
Trinity: The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.

I know it's kinda lame to use a movie quote as an answer but, that really sums it up for me more or less. I have a question(s) that demand answers. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words sometimes but I feel the need to explore all possibilities for the questions about life, the universe, before I can make an informed and logical decision.

That is why I search

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My SPIRIT IS DESIGNED TO GATHER INFORMATION IN PREPERATION FOR CHRIST RETURN and begin the journey towards the light for some of his followers who my still be trapped in the darkness called MASS DISINFORMATION which has occured since man began to step away from the light he was given and walk towards the "bright" lucent 1z light LUCIFER. Truthfully I personally dont need any of this knowledge located on the interenets for my information and intelligence is DIVIN, but down here on earth DIVIN INTELLIGENCE seems to be looked down upon JUST BECAUSE OUR CREATOR DOESNT STOOP DOWN AND SPEAK DIRECLTY TO MANY OF YOU (IT IS WRITTEN YOU MUST COMMUNICATE WITH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST OR WHO EVER HE COMES BACK AS THIS TIME). So this is why I search and share.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I search for truth and knowledge.

The more I learn, the more I realize how most of what I grew up thinking was true - was not.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much has been kept from me.

The more I learn, the more I see "cover-up" of truth.

The more I learn, the more I see "distortion" and "dis-information" of reality.

The more I search - the more knowledge and truth I learn - and it's exciting.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I search to know myself. What is any thing that isn't filtered through my experience? No thing. No truth that isn't my truth. No knowledge that isn't my knowledge. No realization that I do not realize.

I is the infinite exploration of the eternal question of self.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I believe in a single eternal universe. I search to learn more just for the sake of learning more. Knowledge is power, so they say. That's only half the truth there. Withholding knowledge is the real power. So I strive to have that knowledge that is hidden, for if we have that knowledge ourselves, the elite lose their power.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So far, it seems that people are interested in alternative topics because (and I'm paraphrasing) everyone feels like everything they've known is a lie and/or because learning is the only thing someone knows how to do outside of the real world.

Why does it matter if everything is a lie? What makes us put so much effort into knowing the truth? What are we protecting beyond our own finite lives?

Why do you think learning is the only thing you can do that is real? What is so real about it? I mean, if we believe we have the answers, why are we here at ATS? Where is the truth and why isn't it here now?

Or is it here now...?

I really appreciate all the honesty, but I admit I am looking for people to get a little bit deeper.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Perhaps it's no more simple than we've always had someone teach us something, so we've always been in a state of learning. Perhaps that state of learning sticks with us after being with it for so long that we strive to continue learning. As the years went by from ancient times to now, those modes of learning became more advanced in thought and idea, more deeper in knowledge.

We only know what we learn (at least with our species), and we've always learned to learn from a young age. This holds true today as it did thousands of years ago.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Learning is simply another word for experience. Experience is all there is. It's the answer to any question. Yet you ask for more depth. A dark pool appears deep because we can't see the bottom. When the pool is clear and we can see to the bottom, how deep is it? The only answer either way is to dive in.

It doesn't have to be any harder than that.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

I like the application of poetic imagery. It is useful.

However, the ability to be honest with yourself and others is not directly nor is it indirectly proportional to anyone's ability to see through a large quantity of dense water. In fact, the two are not related.

I am honest with myself and others and I can afford you this much - I am not shallow.

If you were to say something like, "You can't expect that just because you asked people to dig deeper that they actually will!" and I would reply, "true, but some honest people require that extra little bump of comfort to allow them to be able to say what they already wanted to say."

If you believe that your ability to be honest with yourself and/or other people is directly or indirectly proportionate to your ability to see through a large quantity of dense water, then let us all hope that directly you can see through any thickness and indirectly that you can see nothing at all.

new topics

top topics

join